PDA

View Full Version : FnF 4 - say it aint sooooooo

mac_82
02-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Fast and Furious Four: Paul Walker's STI is on its way

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/02/temp-image_1_1_450-op.jpg

It is going to be rice city for the new STi. :thumbsdow

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/07/fast-and-furious-four-paul-walkers-sti-is-on-its-way

The Cosworth
02-08-2008, 08:00 AM
why is the car held up on jacks?

heavyD
02-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris
why is the car held up on jacks?

Probably holding the side skirts.

Is Walker's career tanking that bad that he has to resort to doing another F&F? The last one was complete garbage of a film even though it had unintentional humor; "You've been racing again haven't you?" LOL

Antonito
02-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Is Walker's career tanking that bad that he has to resort to doing another F&F?

I see you haven't watched any of his movies since F&F

Canmorite
02-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Roof scoop on. Let the rice begin.

heavyD
02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Antonito
I see you haven't watched any of his movies since F&F

I try to watch only decent flicks which is probably telling why I haven't seen any of his movies since.;)

DragZilla
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
the new STI is ugly as hell anyways

403Gemini
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I try to watch only decent flicks which is probably telling why I haven't seen any of his movies since.;)

Watch Running Scared

heavyD
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Watch Running Scared

I knew someone was going to mention that. It's the only decent flick he's done though.

The Cosworth
02-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Paul Walker wasn't in the third one

Antonito
02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Roof scoop on. Let the rice begin.

I totally missed that. Oh dear lord. The car itself isn't terrible, and even with a bit of body kit, it's not......the worst thing ever. But a hood scoop? I wonder if they're going to actively try to top Lil Bow Wows pimp Hulk ride in this movie?

DNSRadio
02-08-2008, 10:07 AM
damn...... well we all know now that there are going to be sooooo many sti's out on the streets after and right before the movie come out.....

get ready to see just as many sti's as there are civics...

:drama:

2002civic
02-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by DNSRadio
damn...... well we all know now that there are going to be sooooo many sti's out on the streets after and right before the movie come out.....

get ready to see just as many sti's as there are civics...

:drama:
not likely, sti's are a wee bit pricier than a civic:rolleyes:

DNSRadio
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic

not likely, sti's are a wee bit pricier than a civic:rolleyes:

hahah
yeah just a lil bit..
lol

i still like the old ones the 03 style

now that was a beauty:thumbsup:

rc2002
02-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Whoever watches F&F for the story is laughable. People go to see the cars. The amount of work done to some of the cars is incredible - especially for anyone who has done their own modifications before.

I'm definitely going to watch the movie if it comes out.

Originally posted by Antonito

I totally missed that. Oh dear lord. The car itself isn't terrible, and even with a bit of body kit, it's not......the worst thing ever. But a hood scoop?

The STI comes stock with a hood scoop.

2.0turbo
02-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Is this thread really about F & F 4, cause I don't actually think it is.

Hakkola
02-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

The STI comes stock with a hood scoop.

I think he meant the roof scoop. Total rice.

BigMass
02-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

roof cooling is an intergral part of the performance of the vehicle

Destinova403
02-08-2008, 11:38 AM
im probably going to get ripped on for this but i really liked FnF... pretty much all of them. they are entertaining, can you really ask for more?

although they are inaccurate and the stories are completely bunk... i quite loved these movies.

i must say though i never expected to see an STI, from the previous articles that have came up about this movie i was expecting to see lots of domestics...

Mr_ET
02-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by BigMass

roof cooling is an intergral part of the performance of the vehicle

who knows maybe it's F&F rally style!

I will also go watch it for the cars even though I know they will all perform worse than stock after they are modified for the movie.

spyce
02-08-2008, 11:46 AM
i thought tokyo drift was a decent movie
ive seen them all..might as well see this one too :)

DLo_Mein
02-08-2008, 11:55 AM
They wasted a STi -.- Even tho i dun like the 08 STi that much but is still sad to see a STi getting riced out..

Antonito
02-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

yeah, whoops

GME
02-08-2008, 12:33 PM
That STI is getting ragged on just because it's associated with the fast & furious series or out of pure ignorance. Subaru's claim to fame is its many years of rallying competition. Ever watched a rally? Yeah, the cars have roof scoops. They're functional pieces meant to cool the cabin.

The sideskirts are pretty subdued...the oversized hood scoop could be there to accomodate a larger intercooler...the bumper probably isn't necessary, but isn't overly loud as far as bodykits go.

I see a rollcage in there, presumably the driver really pushes this thing to its limits on a regular basis, props to them for taking safety into consideration. They even kept the classic blue on gold subaru color scheme...again, props.

As far as modding, and not going your basic jdm route, I REALLY don't see anything riced out about this car. If I've overlooked something, please advise.

Edit: upon further inspection, the tires appear to be really low profile. Maybe the owner's really sensitive to sidewall flex? In all likelihood, it's just for looks and arguably rice, but it's not terribly overdone and like I said, maybe the driver prefers ridiculously stiff sidewalls. I also see a spoiler back there that might be kinda large. Can't see enough of it to comment on it's ricey-ness, but subaru's been using massive wings for ages, so you could potentially blame that on being too faithful to the original manufacturer, haha. Or maybe it's been wind tunnel tested and they came to the conclusion that the spoiler created enough downforce to warrant the extra weight/drag. Hardly dismissable as rice without further information.

I'm personally not a big fan of the new STI, and if I were to own one, I wouldn't use the same mods. However, I am able to appreciate it for what it is.

kerry
02-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Roof scoops are functional

treg50
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
:thumbsup:

Cool. I liked Fast and Furious 3:Tokyo Drift. Part 1 is 2nd, Part 2 was crap. No fucking kidding, the series is not SAG or Oscar material, it's fun, flashy, eye-candy action.

The previous Evo (which is the best Evo) was in Tokyo Drift, and the STI hasn't really had a starring role yet so it's good they finally have the STI in it. Would have been nice to see the previous STI used before the new one came out.

That F&F STI body kit actually looks pretty good, MINUS the roof scoop. The rear spoiler looks a bit thick but should look better when painted. The roof scoop hurts, but the only thing worse will be a bad decal job.

black13
02-08-2008, 01:43 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/ay553q.jpg

That's supposed to be Vin's rides I believe.

And from what I've heard, its going to be set before Tokyo drift and Vin is going to meet up with Han from Tokyo.
Link (http://vindieselgallery.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=317) to the gallery showing the cars getting painted.

2.0turbo
02-08-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.fastandfurious4.co.uk/

oh it is true. Sweet. This one is set in between the first and the third one sometime.

Canmorite
02-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
http://www.fastandfurious4.co.uk/

oh it is true. Sweet. This one is set in between the first and the third one sometime.

:zzz:

alloroc
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
roof scoops vent the cabin on ralley cars because they don't usually run with factory hvac equipment (extra weight) Chances are there is a vent at the back as well.

The STI
" 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C Type RA-R "
Has a front mounted roof vent from the factory.
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/firstdrive/2007/07.subaru.wrx.sti.specc.type.rar/07.subaru.wrx.det-vent.500.jpg

bigboom
02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by GME

Edit: upon further inspection, the tires appear to be really low profile. Maybe the owner's really sensitive to sidewall flex? In all likelihood, it's just for looks and arguably rice, but it's not terribly overdone and like I said, maybe the driver prefers ridiculously stiff sidewalls. I also see a spoiler back there that might be kinda large. Can't see enough of it to comment on it's ricey-ness, but subaru's been using massive wings for ages, so you could potentially blame that on being too faithful to the original manufacturer, haha. Or maybe it's been wind tunnel tested and they came to the conclusion that the spoiler created enough downforce to warrant the extra weight/drag. Hardly dismissable as rice without further information.

I'm personally not a big fan of the new STI, and if I were to own one, I wouldn't use the same mods. However, I am able to appreciate it for what it is.

actually those wheels are stock wheels.

treg50
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
roof scoops vent the cabin on ralley cars because they don't usually run with factory hvac equipment (extra weight) Chances are there is a vent at the back as well.

The STI
" 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C Type RA-R "
Has a front mounted roof vent from the factory.
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/roadtests/firstdrive/2007/07.subaru.wrx.sti.specc.type.rar/07.subaru.wrx.det-vent.500.jpg
A roof scoop on a performance car (ie. rally car) that is actually functional, that's pretty cool. Many times you see car with a roof scoop that doesn't flow air at all.

Kamen
02-08-2008, 02:29 PM
So it's going to be set between the first and the third movie...yet with a newer car. lol

alloroc
02-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by treg50

A roof scoop on a performance car (ie. rally car) that is actually functional, that's pretty cool. Many times you see car with a roof scoop that doesn't flow air at all.

No kidding.

I would rather have that than a sunroof. The ability to get forced air into the cabin on a sunny spring cruise through the mountains (or pressurize the cabin to keep the dust out on a favorite gravel road) mmmmm fantastic. For those of you thinking windows thik again in most cars opening a window at highway speed puts the cabin in a negative so you suck in all kinds of nasties through the back end.

sexualbanana
02-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by DragZilla
the new STI is ugly as hell anyways

Looks like a fucking Mazda3

alloroc
02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Looks like a fucking Mazda3

Funny I always thought the mazda 3 hatch was a copy of the subaru hatchbacks.

GME
02-08-2008, 02:55 PM
haha, goes to show you how much I've been following the new STI. Are they 18s now? They look like it. Any idea if they're running on the same RE070s we've always gotten over here? That could come in really handy if they're stock on STI's now.

Oh, and thanks for the info.

Originally posted by bigboom

actually those wheels are stock wheels.

Ajay
02-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I liked the first FNF and anyone on here that says different is full of BS. The second was weak and the third was decent. Only a matter of time before they did a 4th. Not surprised at all. Nice to see the STi get some love though!

GO SUBARU!

88CRXGUY
02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I agree the first one was the gooder of the 3, the second was blah(you got my back bro) and I didn't see the 3rd one. Once I found out that bow wow was going to be in there and just screams horrible. If this is going to be set between the first and third and he gets a new car that doesn't make any sence. Anyone want to do a beyond meet and go and see this movie lol.

dino_martini
02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I think this will be an ok movie. The Fast and The Furious series is like one of those series that you have to watch once just to see how bad it really is. I didnt mind the first or third one. Second one was crap except for the Ferrari part.

alloroc
02-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Eva Mendes made fnf2 worthwhile.