PDA

View Full Version : Calling Instrument Engineers

kerry
02-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Hey guys,

We have a group project and need to design a P&ID for a waste water treatment loop. It needs to make use of an API Separator and some form of filters (Air Floatation, Sand Filter etc) to clean water.

Now we can't find P&ID drawings anywhere on the internet to at least see if we're on the right path. Can any of you Engineers/technologists help a brotha out?

I don't want you to make me one, we simply need something to reference and make sure that we're on the right path.

Thanks guys!

cet
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Yay my first post.

Do you need a waste water specific P&ID or will any P&ID do?

kerry
02-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I'd prefer a Wastewater P&ID.
We have the basics of drawing out the P&ID but don't know if we have our loops drawn in correctly for our project. Want to reference to a real working P&ID or at least a real design.

cet
02-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I will see if I can find anything.

I'm Civil so I'm not %100 sure what I'm looking for.
I've got the P&ID's for a SAGD project I'm working on. The problem is that none of them are simply labled "Wastewater".

Euro_Trash
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I have some P&ID's of a filter system for water with seperators, treaters, stabilizers, IGF's and ORF's, but don't know how comfortable I feel sending the drawings themselves. I could probably answer some questions though

nj2Type-S
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
could you post pix of your P&ID so far?

kerry
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I'll post pics as soon as I get the guy in my group to email it to me. I don't have it on my laptop. It's on the stupid SAIT H drive.

If you're doing a SAGD project, my experience from working at Syncrude would lead me to believe it'd be hidden amongst the other "utilities" stuff. Water, Elec, Steam teams etc.

Anything with a Separator or Clarifier will probably be what I'm looking for. I don't need EVERYTHING, just that one loop.

kerry
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I'll post pics as soon as I get the guy in my group to email it to me. I don't have it on my laptop. It's on the stupid SAIT H drive.

If you're doing a SAGD project, my experience from working at Syncrude would lead me to believe it'd be hidden amongst the other "utilities" stuff. Water, Elec, Steam teams etc.

Anything with a Separator or Clarifier will probably be what I'm looking for. I don't need EVERYTHING, just that one loop. lol

USED1
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Once you post a picture I can help you out as I am currently working on a SAGD project but will not post P&IDs for liability reasons.

Archea
02-08-2008, 06:43 PM
All I have here is pipeline and facility drawings sorry :(