PDA

View Full Version : Debating which exhaust for the ITR

The Raptor
08-02-2002, 12:25 AM
Need some help guys! For all your honda wizards out there, what is the best exhaust out there currently for the ITR in terms of HP gains? I'm leaning towards the Apex N1 exhaust... what do you guys think? Is there a better one? TIA

redline
08-02-2002, 12:48 AM
are you going turbo or N/A?

Toms-Celica
08-02-2002, 12:59 AM
Raptor man, its pretty safe to say your ITR it tapped out. I dont think you should be expecting power gains.

The Raptor
08-02-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by redline
are you going turbo or N/A?

Goin NA...

The Raptor
08-02-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
Raptor man, its pretty safe to say your ITR it tapped out. I dont think you should be expecting power gains.

??

buh_buh
08-02-2002, 01:14 AM
Mugen :drool:

legendboy
08-02-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Mugen :drool:

Twin Loop :drool:

I'll buy your stock exhuast too.

redline
08-02-2002, 09:06 AM
when going n/a there is not a lot of gains for an exhuast until you start making big power. I would get some cams , JDM ITR - hytech - sms header before the exhuast.

Unless you just want an exhuast realllllly badddd? Then do you want it loud or not?

B18C
08-02-2002, 10:01 AM
when going n/a there is not a lot of gains for an exhuast until you start making big power. I would get some cams , JDM ITR - hytech - sms header before the exhuast.

I hope you have deep pockets

legendboy
08-02-2002, 10:06 AM
JDM ITR - hytech - sms header :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Then do you want it loud or not?

Damn Raptor, your VTEC already screams louder than a virgin!

GT2NV
08-02-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by legendboy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CRXguy
08-02-2002, 03:31 PM
Apex'i N1 bitch!!!:thumbsup:

2000impreza
08-02-2002, 03:33 PM
the apex-i N1 is pretty loud. lol. looks pretty good too.

buh_buh
08-02-2002, 10:47 PM
N1 sucks.:confused:

Superesc
08-02-2002, 11:19 PM
Saw an N1 on a lowered ITR and it look pretty sweeet!!

The Raptor
08-02-2002, 11:36 PM

Unless you just want an exhuast realllllly badddd? Then do you want it loud or not?

ya I'm set on the Toda Spec Bs.. and either the Hitech headers, or I heard the comptechs headers aren't bad either, what do you think?..

so you think the Cams before the exhaust?

The Raptor
08-02-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

hahaha... ya well.. only some virgins.. :rolleyes:

redline
08-03-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by The Raptor

ya I'm set on the Toda Spec Bs.. and either the Hitech headers, or I heard the comptechs headers aren't bad either, what do you think?..

so you think the Cams before the exhaust?

well with spec b's you are going to have to do valve springs and retainers.

so that is going to be $1100 for cams $300 for retainers and $400 for valve springs and you better throw in a spoon head gasket cause those cams like lots of compression and that another $200 and then some labour...

(ps and some toda cam gears = $500 and a AFPR and some injectors....)

Comptech header is a waste of time for those cams. You need a hitech or sms if you want to go high roller and JDM ITR if you want to cheap out.

A good exhaust is around $1000 and will net you about 2hp the factory ITR exhaust is pretty good and does need to be changed until the hp level gets higher...

Voodoo Child
08-03-2002, 11:27 AM
Ok here are my 2 cents buddy.
I do alot of reasearch on our lovely ITR and this is what I've found.
Mugen twin loop - definately the quietest exhaust out there and makes good gains...trade off...$$$
Spoon N1- everybody thinks that because it is spoon it will be better than most other products. In our case this is a falicy in the fact that a Spoon's pipe diameter is actually smaller than our stock ITR piping.
Apexi N1- fantastic pipe size (2.5") and the gains are as good as any. Also if you take long trips and are trying to reduce the amount of noise, you can always get the silencer.

Now my 2 favorite exhausts that I will most likely be buying are:
1) Buddy Club Spec III - super light weight and eliminates any bottle necks. Hooked up with a set of JDM headers (best headers forsure) and a high flow cat...now watch you VTEC scream!!!!
2) Type 1 racing "titanium" exhaust - fantastic all around and is even lighter than the Buddy Club. It looks basically like a straight pipe going back to the cat.

Now as for HP gains, I've read WAY too much to believe that a "2hp" gain is all you are going to get.

I have an Apexi Dunk cat back (came with the car) and it is loud, but it also breathes like a mofo. If I only gained 2hp, then either I'm the pimp of drivers around here for pulling in a 14.8 or 2hp is that much of a deal!

Either way, the choise is yours but do it with future intentions like everybody said. Try to keep the piping at 2.5"

My 2 cents..

Voodoo

legendboy
08-03-2002, 12:27 PM
I'm with redline on this one, Honda has spent like 20 bazillion dollars in R & D for the ITR. Honda has basically done all it can do to juice the HP out of the engine; stock. Changing the intake and exhuast really doesn't do much, Some honda mechanics will tell u that thoes mods actually take away from the car in stock trim. Now, If u upgrade valvetrain..etc.. then the simple mods can make a nice difference.

The Raptor
08-03-2002, 09:52 PM
Thanks all for your input.. It's definitely more to think over.. damn goin NA is a bitch on the wallet!

4wheeldrift
08-03-2002, 10:31 PM
No cheap gains to be found anywhere on a car thats already so maxed out from the factory :banghead:

2000impreza
08-04-2002, 10:08 AM
lol. there is lots of stuff you can do to a itr. cams, pistons, heads, ecu....etc. but you gotta go rob a bank first :guns:

LancerShelby
08-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Save your $$$ and buy a turbo kit.

CRXguy
08-04-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby
Save your $$$ and buy a turbo kit.

I think you missed something.....

Originally posted by The Raptor
Goin NA...

Voodoo Child
08-04-2002, 03:04 PM
Well if you are going the N/A route, the most hp to the wheels I've ever seen in a ITR is just over 210. Mind you that is after thousands of dollars in mods. This will get you into the high 12's, low 13's with some slicks. The B18c5 isn't tapped out to the max just yet, but it will cost you big $$ to get there.
Later

Voodoo