PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Lancer manual Starter/Alarm install

The Cosworth
02-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I am looking for someone who works at a place to install a remote starter on a manual 2008 Lancer ES (so no special keyless thing).

My second choice would be for someone who knows someone quite well who wont f**k it up.

I am looking for a two way pager style system.

Thanks guys!

2006lancer
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
i work at Visions in the SW and i just tried to look up modules that you need for your car and i dont think you can do a starter yet without losing a key that would go into a box and then up under your dash, so when you go to remotly start the car it stays running.

if that was okay visions would charge 120$ for basic install and 50$ for the module you need(lose a key) and 60$ to install the module.

thats just for install. 230$ and its just basic. keyless entry and power trunk is extra 75 for the doors 40 for the trunk.

starters right now start at 88$ and up for 1 way systems and 202$ and up for a 2 way system.

thats from Visions in the SW but all our stores should be the same.

The Cosworth
02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 2006lancer
i work at Visions in the SW and i just tried to look up modules that you need for your car and i dont think you can do a starter yet without losing a key that would go into a box and then up under your dash, so when you go to remotly start the car it stays running.

if that was okay visions would charge 120$ for basic install and 50$ for the module you need(lose a key) and 60$ to install the module.

thats just for install. 230$ and its just basic. keyless entry and power trunk is extra 75 for the doors 40 for the trunk.

starters right now start at 88$ and up for 1 way systems and 202$ and up for a 2 way system.

thats from Visions in the SW but all our stores should be the same.

are you a sales man or installer?

88CRXGUY
02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Go and talk to Will at Speedtech he'll hook you up right.

The Cosworth
02-08-2008, 11:37 PM
speedtech does starter/alarms?

I didnt know that

Kavy
02-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Brendan you need to cut a key, the 08's dont have a bypass released yet.

If you wait a few months im sure there will be one.

97'Scort
02-09-2008, 12:22 AM
If you make the trip up here, we'll gladly do it :) You will lose a key, like it has been said.

futurecivic
02-09-2008, 12:29 AM
2006lancer is in sales i work at the same store and im a installer there

Ihatetowait
02-09-2008, 03:54 AM
No offense to speed tech, they're good guys, but I had an alarm starter installed in my civic 2 years ago, and once I started doing installs for a living I was shocked when I saw under my dash.

Theres a difference between quality and a good deal - a good deal doesnt get you securley soldered connections, well prepped brains, clean wiring and unconitional lifetime warranty.

556UW - lose a key - 100 installed most places
Basic nordic 2 way - 250 installed
Keyless - 50
Trunk - 50

Viper or compustar 2 way will increase the cost.

Expect any remote starter + 100 for the lose-a-key-module/.

silvercivicsir
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
More like all the mitsubishi's that have a transponder need to "lose a Key" idatalink doesn't support any of them.. unless you want a fortin unit..

Originally posted by Kavy
Brendan you need to cut a key, the 08's dont have a bypass released yet.

If you wait a few months im sure there will be one.

The Cosworth
02-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Got one at A&B in the NE, adrian was great guy to go with, would recommend him.

Thanks for the offer scort, I work about 5 minutes from this shop so it is so easy.

Yeah I am going to loose my key for now, but when the new modules come out I will get them to install it and give me my key back. It is cheaper than getting a new key cut and programmed.

Thanks for the help.