PDA

View Full Version : Speeding in construction zone!!!!

Rui M
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok first off let me say i know how important it is to obey the speed limit in work zones, i drive a gravel truck and work in construction.

So my second day driving gravel on the job, i get a radar doing 82 in a 50 construction zone. The cop absolutely screwed me over, he got me way before the actual construction zone. He was parked aprox 30 feet in front of the 50 sign, i was driving a truck with a full load and still had time to slow down for him.

I am fighting this of course, i am curious if the cop made a mistake on the ticket i could somehow get off.

He wrote me for 115 (2) (p) speeding 82 in a 50

I did some reasearch and that appears to be speeding greater than posted. the posted limit for that road is 80 or a 100, i will have to double check.

The actual speeding in construction zone ticket should be 115 (2) (p.1)

So basically this ticket says i was speeding 82 in an 80 zone, if not i think the limit on that road is 100. Can someone help me out.

dj_rice
02-09-2008, 05:18 PM
How are we supposed to help you out when u didnt even let us know what road it is?

I'll help you..by giving you a cookie

Rui M
02-09-2008, 05:25 PM
ummm, there is no road on the ticket, i'm new to the city so i don't remember it off hand but i did write it down on papers...it's in my truck. Regardless i gave enough imformation ...

adidas
02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Enough information for what? For us to acknowledge that you got a ticket?

Delta
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
You should find out the location of where you got the ticket and the actual speed limit of the road. Is it 80 or 100? They can't give you a ticket for doing 82 in a 50 when you weren't even in a 50 zone. You just gotta prove you were in the 80 zone. Good luck.

dj_rice
02-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Rui M
ummm, there is no road on the ticket, i'm new to the city so i don't remember it off hand but i did write it down on papers...it's in my truck. Regardless i gave enough imformation ...

Ha guys, like I got this speeding ticket in a construction zone on this road, and the cop said I was doin like 82 in a 50 zone but like I dunno, like it could be 80KM/H speed limit there or like it could be 100KM/H speed limit there, so like maybe the cop screwed up...so like can you guys help me out?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/djrice123/AB.jpg

DayGlow
02-10-2008, 11:26 AM
in his notes the cop will have where he was, how far away the signs are and the distance you were when he lasered you. When they get a speed reading on the gun, it also gives the distance. That is used to show where you were in relation to the sign.

wiggaplz
02-10-2008, 03:39 PM
NVMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

wiggaplz
02-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Ha guys, like I got this speeding ticket in a construction zone on this road, and the cop said I was doin like 82 in a 50 zone but like I dunno, like it could be 80KM/H speed limit there or like it could be 100KM/H speed limit there, so like maybe the cop screwed up...so like can you guys help me out?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/djrice123/AB.jpg

LMAO, you're a joker man.

:whocares:

Someone's a little uptight, aren't we?

rmk
02-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Was it on Glenmore? They are fuckin' Nazis that way. I am sure they could have paid for the whole construction project from ticket revenue.

modded46
02-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Was it on Glenmore? They are fuckin' Nazis that way. I am sure they could have paid for the whole construction project from ticket revenue.

No Glenmore is typically only photo radar.. I would say this is probably Crowchild.. The construction zone there goes forever so I'm sure this guy was in a 50 zone and got the ticket he deserved.. There is nowhere in the city that is 100km/h other than Deerfoot and I don't believe there is any construction there right now..

I see people flying through construction zones all the time.. I don't agree with giving ridiculous tickets out because I think it's a cash grab for the city anyway.. But with that being said, I NEVER speed through construction zones.. I don't care what time of day it is or whatever.. just not worth giving a cop an excuse to make money.

Rui M
02-18-2008, 09:56 AM
it was on crowchild, the speed limit is 80 there.

Rui M
02-18-2008, 10:00 AM
also i gave enough imformation related,i believe the ticket i received was for regular speeding and not "speeding in construction zone. half you idiots that replied need to read the facts i gave you

"He wrote me for (115 (2) (p) speeding) 82 in a 50

I did some research and that appears to be speeding greater than posted. the posted limit for that road is 80 or a 100, i will have to double check.

The actual speeding in construction zone ticket should be (115 (2) (p.1)")

I just wanted to confirm if the cop made a mistake on the ticket, i know spelling mistakes of the drivers name and etc don't matter, but this would be a major mistake.

Toma
02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Go RIGHT now, and take pictures where this happened, the speed limit sign, approximately where the cop was, and where you were pulled over.

Then, got and get "disclosure" which are the cops notes.

With those 3 things, you have enough to probably get it tossed byt the first appearance prosecutor. If not, just take it to court, you wonthav a problem, unless the cop is a douche and lise about where he was.

In court, stick to your story, and do NOT waiver or say maybe. Be polite, don't accuse the douche of being a douche...play humble and say shit like... "well, I cannot explain what happened, but I was definitely doing 80, and the speed limit was 80."

DayGlow
02-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Rui M
also i gave enough imformation related,i believe the ticket i received was for regular speeding and not "speeding in construction zone. half you idiots that replied need to read the facts i gave you

"He wrote me for (115 (2) (p) speeding) 82 in a 50

I did some research and that appears to be speeding greater than posted. the posted limit for that road is 80 or a 100, i will have to double check.

The actual speeding in construction zone ticket should be (115 (2) (p.1)")

I just wanted to confirm if the cop made a mistake on the ticket, i know spelling mistakes of the drivers name and etc don't matter, but this would be a major mistake.

115(2)(p) is all inclusive. It can be used for any speeding violations because as you stated, it is speeding greater than posted. It can apply any speed restrictive zone, so if a construction speed limit sign was there, then you are speeding against that sign. Take a playground or school zone. A ticket can be issued under (p) or (r) and it will stand in court.

The p.1 is a subset of the (p) and is used when the speeding fine is doubled, ie when workers are present.