PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren F1?!?!?!?!?!

davidI
07-30-2003, 08:01 PM
I might be completely full of shit cause I only caught a glance of it but I could swear I saw a white Mclaren going north on deerfoot today!!!
I never thought there would be one in Calgary or Edmonton or anything....

it might have been a kit car or something....I only did catch a quick glance but the spoiler and shape of it was all Mclaren... :drool: :drool: :drool:

ACS-e36
07-30-2003, 08:14 PM
stop dreaming... not a chance

Ekliptix
07-30-2003, 08:40 PM
I saw it too.............Then my alarm went off.

davidI
07-30-2003, 09:32 PM
I dont' know what else it could have been...

maybe I was just day dreaming...who knows. Like I said I kinda thought I might be full of shit but I was hoping someone else saw it....unless it was a mirage :D

Ekliptix
07-30-2003, 09:36 PM
was it a dae woo maybe?

92 Teg-B18A
07-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I saw it too.............Then my alarm went off.

See a Mclaren close enough to touch it and wake up.

Priceless

:burnout: :rofl:

Ekliptix
07-30-2003, 10:06 PM
When did you get the RSX?!!

I missed that post if you did one.

Fluidic
07-30-2003, 11:34 PM

He stole it from Maxboost! lol ;)

Peter

MK3HKS
07-31-2003, 01:03 AM
mclaren f1 in calgary?? , there is even one in canada:rofl:

rice_eater
07-31-2003, 01:07 AM
did it look like this? I highly doubt it! There are 17 in North America!!! Why anyone would drive one up to cowtown is beyond me...anyways as you can see it doesn't come with a spoiler! So let this show all you ricers out there with parkbenches for spoilers: if an F1 doesn't need one, neother does your ricemobile!

tommy1223
07-31-2003, 02:55 AM
maybe u passed my house and saw it parked on my driveway.... :P

ZorroAMG
07-31-2003, 04:08 AM
Actually, Rice Eater, the Mclaren comes with a small adjustable spoiler lip on the regular version and th Mclaren LM comes with an aluminum rice platter....but ummm..it does over 230MPH, so it actually needs it.

4wheeldrift
07-31-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
So let this show all you ricers out there with parkbenches for spoilers: if an F1 doesn't need one, neother does your ricemobile! Its not an F1 machine BTW, its a homologation model to allow them to run the GT series at Le Mans. As was pointed out before, the race models come with a sizable spoiler, at 230mph you need all the downforce you can get.

Ekliptix
07-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Its not an F1 machine BTW, its a homologation model to allow them to run the GT series at Le Mans. As was pointed out before, the race models come with a sizable spoiler, at 230mph you need all the downforce you can get.

The new Enzo's spoiler retracts slightly from ~140mph to top speed for less drag. It makes max DF from ~50-140.

something like 1700lbs of DF at 140mph
and 1200lbs at 200mph

rice_eater
07-31-2003, 08:43 AM
ok i might have been wrong...but when the rice mobiles hit LeMans they can get ginormous wings too :D untill then...

James
07-31-2003, 09:39 AM
refer to this thread!....last few posts ;)

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20363&highlight=spotted

mad_psyentist
07-31-2003, 10:05 AM
:werd:

was it a dae woo maybe?

Are those things still on the road?

/////AMG
07-31-2003, 11:14 AM
what colour was it?
Shoulda snapped a pic or something

YCB
07-31-2003, 11:29 AM
i think paul tracey or patrick carpatiearhehahhh has one.. or some indy car racer.. :dunno:

syeve
07-31-2003, 12:13 PM
I donno...its possible...I saw a F-50 a year ago in Calgary... you'd be surprised at some of the high rollers that live here and come here from time to time...
BUT, I've heard similar stats th that of the CLK GTR...there was about 10 in the world and most are gone because the owners cant drive for shit...I believe the stats are similar to the F1...if there "were" 17 in north america, I bet that number is cut in half today...

DonJuan
08-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Ok I have a pic of the McLaren, I have to dig around and find it tho but I do have one, actually two pics of it with me in the pic too. Tommorow i'll find it and post

rice_eater
08-01-2003, 04:08 PM
in the dupont registry i saw one for sale once i think it was last winter...thats when they said in the add it's ONE of the SEVENTEEN in north america...but yeah...i wouldnt doubt if some fool crashed his since then :D

bosa
08-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
what colour was it?
Shoulda snapped a pic or something

White.

He said he only got a glance of it, so I'm assuming no time for a picture.. :dunno:

[GaGe]
08-01-2003, 06:43 PM
you probably spotted a lambo or ferrari or something else.. there's like, one mclaren F1 in canada..

92 Teg-B18A
08-01-2003, 11:23 PM

Had it for two weeks now! It's a blast to drive, it's so easy to speed by accident :burnout:

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

He stole it from Maxboost! lol ;)

Peter

lol, nah but him and RSeXy have a twin now ;)

Hey, didn't Rowan Atkinson have a Mclaren and he crashed it?

Pennzoil GT-R
08-02-2003, 12:09 AM
CLK-GTR's - There was 25 Coupe's built, one of which has become the 7.3 litre SuperSport, and an extra 5 2003 model year roadsters. As far as i know all are still intact.

And Rowan Atkinson's McLaren was repaired i believe.

DonJuan
08-02-2003, 01:11 AM
K here goes: the pic isn't that great, but it is of a Mclaren that I saw in person, the dude with the grin is me. you'd be grinnin' stupidly too!:drool: mmmmmmMclaren

ExtremeSi
08-02-2003, 11:13 AM
where did you see that Kevin?:drool:

DonJuan
08-05-2003, 07:50 PM
that was in London england, a couple years ago on out summer vacation. went to germany too and saw a bunch of lambos, ferraris and prosches on the autobahn (most of em being driven how they were ment to be) but alas the pics were taken with my aunts camera and she still has them.

itsnotaDUB
08-06-2003, 03:01 PM
it was prob a white lambo cruisin around town ive seen it a few times

itsnotaDUB
08-06-2003, 03:01 PM
it was prob a white lambo cruisin around town ive seen it a few times

Dope Dealer
08-06-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
K here goes: the pic isn't that great, but it is of a Mclaren that I saw in person, the dude with the grin is me. you'd be grinnin' stupidly too!:drool: mmmmmmMclaren

Is it on display? Why is it behind glass?

rage2
08-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Actually, Rice Eater, the Mclaren comes with a small adjustable spoiler lip on the regular version and th Mclaren LM comes with an aluminum rice platter....but ummm..it does over 230MPH, so it actually needs it.
Actually, the McLaren F1 race car can not do 230mph (even with the big wing) because of intake restrictors severly lowering power output. The street version is faster in a straight line because it has no wing, and makes more power. When Mario Andretti drove a stock McLaren F1, he said the car needed a wing BAD because it was highly unstable at anything over 200mph. With the wing on the street car, top speed drops from 231mph to 210mph, but it's stable.

As for why the race version has that big wing, it's because the stock McLaren F1 was seriously lacking in downforce, and it needed it to be competitive when turning. And if I remember right, the race version can barely nudge 200mph.

rage2
08-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
And Rowan Atkinson's McLaren was repaired i believe.
Yep. The "accident" was actually very minor, he rear ended some old lady in traffic at fairly slow speeds and cracked the nose. The replacement nose was like $100,000 or something, and the british tabloids made it sound like it was a huge accident. He sold the car like 2 years ago.

Hakkola
08-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by rage2

He sold the car like 2 years ago.
I read his new favorite cars are Aston Martins and he has a few of them now.

BigMass
08-07-2003, 07:07 AM
lol the Vanquish blows. Why would he ditch the McLaren for that POS? Get a Zonda or something jeeeze. Damn Brits and their Martins :p

core_upt
08-08-2003, 01:05 AM
i don't think it would be impossible to see an F1 in town. Calgary is, per capita, one of the richest cities in North America, the richest in Canada and also has the highest per capita rate of millionaires in North America. With all the oil and tech companies here, it would come as too much of a shock to see one here. Think of all the other sweet rides that are in town. Do you know a better way to get to Banff then at 300KM/H? I'm just saying that demographically, it's possible.

rage2
08-08-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by core_upt
i don't think it would be impossible to see an F1 in town. Calgary is, per capita, one of the richest cities in North America, the richest in Canada and also has the highest per capita rate of millionaires in North America. With all the oil and tech companies here, it would come as too much of a shock to see one here. Think of all the other sweet rides that are in town. Do you know a better way to get to Banff then at 300KM/H? I'm just saying that demographically, it's possible.
Unfortunately, Transport Canada doesn't feel the same way, and won't allow the car here.

BigMass
08-08-2003, 07:08 AM
There are very few supercars that are legal in Canada. The McLaren is not one of them. Also, you would have to be an idiot to drive it around this city. The roads suck so much ass here and riddled with potholes that the car would be in pieces by the time you got from point A to point B. I have a hard enough time driving my "normal" car on Calgary roads. Every time i take it across 16th ave i feel like i've taken 2 years off the chassy

DonJuan
08-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Is it on display? Why is it behind glass?
Yeah it was on some street and on this street is the expenisve car dealerships, Bentley, Rolls, BMW, Benz Porsche etc. All my favorite cars were on display, behind plate glass and probably a HUGE alarm system, oh and what the picture doesn't get is the 2 or 3 guards with automatics colsely watching! But it was like 11pm so i guess i understand. Very cool though!