PDA

View Full Version : Car Pricing Websites

honda4us
02-10-2008, 04:30 PM
I came across this website www.dealershipquotes.ca for price quotes. Looked at some others too. Has anyone used this type of service before? We're thinking of trying it. Some charge you but this one is free. Ideas?

gpomp
02-10-2008, 05:20 PM
is this spam?

GoChris
02-10-2008, 05:36 PM
considering he joined just to post that...ya probably spam.

honda4us
02-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Spam? Nice. Thanks alot.

Aleks
02-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I've used www.carcostcanada.com a lot

have saved thousands this way on new cars.

honda4us
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Ya, we looked at them too. So it's for sure worth it then to pay their fee then?

Did they match you with a specific dealer though? or did you find your own dealer?? Kinda nervous about taking something like that into a dealership.

Aleks
02-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by honda4us
Ya, we looked at them too. So it's for sure worth it then to pay their fee then?

Did they match you with a specific dealer though? or did you find your own dealer?? Kinda nervous about taking something like that into a dealership.

Some of them matched me to a specific dealer some didn't. Acura, Subaru and a few others were willing to go cost +500-1000 right off the bat, while others like honda not so much. It really depends on the model and if it's in high demand. It gives you a rough idea of how much room there is to negotiate.

What car are you looking at?

redline
02-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Some of them matched me to a specific dealer some didn't. Acura, Subaru and a few others were willing to go cost +500-1000 right off the bat, while others like honda not so much. It really depends on the model and if it's in high demand. It gives you a rough idea of how much room there is to negotiate.

What car are you looking at?

Using carcostcanada.com I saved 5K on a nissan titan (dealer cost) $2500 on my G35 so well worth the $50 dollar fee. Then i have saved my friends a ton also... 4K on a frontier, 2.5K on a G35, 2k on 335i, 3k on a mdx.

if you want a toyota dont bother they will not deal no matter what

carcostcanada FTW :thumbsup:

blownz
02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
^ but most of those amounts you could have probably negotiated off without carcostcanada. I agree it is good so you have an idea how much you can get off, but someone that is good at negotiating won't need it.

BTW, on the Titan's, Nissan seems to be having trouble moving them lately because they are offering some crazy discounts. 7k off of sticker is pretty easy right now on the 08's.

Euro838
02-12-2008, 09:39 AM
^^^ Agreed, I think if they are willing to sell it for a particular price, then you just have to negotiate it. If they think a car can sell for higher, bringing in cost info isn't going to help. If a car costs $20K and they know they can sell it for $22K, then why would they sell it for $21K? There is a lot of variation in the market right now so discounts will widely vary.

Aleks
02-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by blownz
^ but most of those amounts you could have probably negotiated off without carcostcanada. I agree it is good so you have an idea how much you can get off, but someone that is good at negotiating won't need it.

BTW, on the Titan's, Nissan seems to be having trouble moving them lately because they are offering some crazy discounts. 7k off of sticker is pretty easy right now on the 08's.

But when you come in with this printout they don't waste your time and get right down to it. Some dealers will even refund your carcostcanada fee if you buy from them.

redline
02-12-2008, 09:50 AM
^ but most people can not negotiated there way out of a wet paper bag...

If you go in with something like carcostcanada, it sets the tone for the deal making and makes it way eaiser to get a discount from MSRP. I had my two deals in 10-20 mins total deal time, so it was pain free and well worth the $50 in my world.