PDA

View Full Version : Hit by rental car

core_upt
02-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi,

I was skiing at Lake Louise on Sunday and when I returned to my car at the end of the day, I found that some douche in a rental car had HIT my car while parallel parking behind me. How did I know, because he left his car parked against mine!

I took photos, including his lic. plate, and would like to inform the rental company of the incident. I do not THINK there was any damage to my car, but haven't had a chance to wash it off and see if there was any paint scrapes as I had to get back to Calgary pretty quick.

As such, I did not file a police report with the RCMP, but can I go back and do so?

How can I find out what rental company the car belongs to? I didn't have any stickers aside from a barcode on the rear window and a fleet plate.

Once I wash my car I will see about the dmaage and go from there.

Any advise??

Here are the pics:

core_upt
02-10-2008, 09:20 PM
more:

core_upt
02-10-2008, 09:21 PM
last one:

mikestang
02-10-2008, 09:22 PM
that was nice of him to leave his car there - he accepted fault most likely... instead of hit and run... or he was just hammered lol.

doesnt look like there'd be much damage at all.. just call the cops and say you're wondering which rental company this car belongs to (give them the license plate number)

Weapon_R
02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Did you get pics of his whole car (inc. the plate) and your car ?

core_upt
02-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah ,but didn't want to post them up as they have both our plates on them and I'm too lazy to photoshop them out.

n1zm0
02-17-2008, 01:18 PM
this exact thing has happened to me, get the vin if you can, licence plate for sure and call police and make a statement, in my case her rental company settled everything and i had the choice of body work or $.

tom_9109
02-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Did you leave your contact info on his vehicle??

I'd imagine any damage there may be would buff and polish away in minutes.

Maybe just let it go since you didn't stick around. Not to mention its gonna be your word over his as to who hit who and a lot of fuck around over something thats probably not damaged and will buff. (unless the bumper is cracked or warped)

Kloubek
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
This happened to me once too a few years back. A brand new Ford truck decided to park nose-to-nose to my car. When I pulled my car back, I found that his license plate holder had embedded itself into my bumper, leaving a pretty nice impression of the corner of it.

Let's just say that immaturity took over, and his truck was no longer 100% brand new.

phrozen
02-17-2008, 04:09 PM
i dont see any damage:dunno:

CRXguy
02-17-2008, 04:17 PM
was it a mazda 6? i've only seen them from Enterprise. Budget might carry them as well.

crazedmodder
02-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Looks like a Mazda 3 IMO. The best thing would to just pass the information on to the police. At least they can check the plates and stuff.

DonJuan
02-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Yeah, looks like a Mazda 3. Hertz has em too. I don't think they have any beige ones though. If you want post a pic of the back window where there is usually the rental unit number and I can tell you what company it is with just by the type of sticker. Or just give the plate number to the cops and they can pull it up immediately.

Bushy
02-18-2008, 03:26 PM
I had something similar to this happen to me a few years ago. I parked at school, and a teacher ran into the back of my car and left it there. There was just under $1000 damage. I backed up my car with several witnesses and checked for damage. Once I saw there was I looked in her car and got the name and talked to her. She said, sorry she would payfor it. The next day I called her with estimate, she said she didnt know what I was talking about, she never hit me. So I went to the cops, they investigated and evenwith 5 witnesses, they said they didnt believe me :dunno:
So If im ever in an accident again, I will call the cops to the scene, even if there are no injuries.

Jettaman01
02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
If you have a picture of the unit number sticker that is on one of the windows I can probably tell you which company it is. Enterprise and Budget cars usually have company bumper stickers, so if you didn't notice one it's probably one of the other companies. I know National/Alamo has Mazda3's as well.

If there is damage, its probably better to call the cops and let them handle it.