PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance

max_boost
08-02-2002, 01:55 AM
Is there anyway to get cheap insurance without being 25 or married/common law?

Ben
08-02-2002, 02:41 AM
25 dude, or get married, drops like 50%

max_boost
08-02-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Benny

Thanks Benny

James
08-02-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Benny

Yeah untill then, your pretty much screwed for high insurance, join the club:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

RCBVtec
08-02-2002, 08:57 AM
you have to be living with the same person for at least 10 years.

redline
08-02-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by RCBVtec
you have to be living with the same person for at least 10 years.

:bullshit:

it is a year! or 6 mouths if the girl want to get half your stuff!

mgravel
08-02-2002, 09:07 AM
you can also get decent rebates if you are a member of a profesionals' association (like APPEGA). Some insurance company also have deals with certain school.

But the biggest difference is always gonna be 25 and getting married...

B17a
08-02-2002, 09:19 AM
Being a UC grad gets you a couple points off but alas, the curse of the under 25, single, male rules the world!:banghead:

RCBVtec
08-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by redline

:bullshit:

it is a year! or 6 mouths if the girl want to get half your stuff!

Not what I heard man... it doesn't make sense. Everyone just living together would be considered common law then. I honestly heard that it's 10 years however my source might be wrong, but it's longer than 6 months for sure... not even sure where to check that out, to get an exact #?

B17a
08-02-2002, 09:50 AM
It's at most 1 year, that I do know.

Rydog
08-02-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by B17a

it is exactly one year, and yes, most people that are living together are common law, they just don't know it, which is too bad for them because your taxes go down a bit as well as insurance rates for both home and vehicular issues. My friends have been legally common law since the first day of the anniversary of living together for a year.

2000impreza
08-02-2002, 10:12 AM
i don't really think there is a way out of high premiums unless you get married or something. fuck. cause $5k per year is just too much.

max_boost
08-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i don't really think there is a way out of high premiums unless you get married or something. fuck. cause $5k per year is just too much.

And that is part time under your parents name right?!?! Yes I know, I am paying $4500 right now :banghead: :banghead:

max_boost
08-02-2002, 10:36 AM
CRXguy is common law, I think he is extra nice to his wifey because she will support his mod/insurance lol:rofl: :thumbsup:

I was thinking of getting the car registered under a relatives name and get them to purchase insurance, I just hope they don't end up screwing me over!!

The reason is, I'm thinking of financing an S2K next year but with insurance be around $10K, I might as well go fcuk myself! LOL

redline
08-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by B17a

for tax etc... a year and the girl can get half your stuff at 6 months sad but true...

redline
08-02-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

The reason is, I'm thinking of financing an S2K next year but with insurance be around $10K, I might as well go fcuk myself! LOL

you better move in with her then :rofl: and next year your insurance will be half.. :bigpimp: :rofl:

HRD2PLZ
08-02-2002, 10:48 AM
I'm actually thinking of insuring/registering my car with a relative in B.C. Gov't insurance is so cheap compared to mine! :thumbsup: But if I get caught...I'm fucked!

CRXguy
08-02-2002, 03:28 PM
CRXguy is common law, I think he is extra nice to his wifey because she will support his mod/insurance lol:rofl: :thumbsup:

It's good stuff man!!!!:rofl:

How many tickets do you have on your insurance record? Shouldn't it be clean now? It's been a while since you got ricer tickets.:D

Masta Dz16
08-02-2002, 03:34 PM
Insurance is a pain in the ass, I wish it wasn't so high, if there was only a way besides being 25 or married, damn it!!!:madred: for a while I had my dad pay the insurance for my car, but then a few tickets came in the mail and the payments stopped :banghead:

DriveOrBeDriven
08-02-2002, 03:43 PM
If you get mad high marks in whatrever school you go to and shit, that also decreases how much you have to pay.

James
08-02-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by redline

for tax etc... a year and the girl can get half your stuff at 6 months sad but true...

Are you speaking from Experience?:rofl:

2000impreza
08-02-2002, 08:16 PM

I was thinking of getting the car registered under a relatives name and get them to purchase insurance, I just hope they don't end up screwing me over!!

fuck man. don't do that. i know someone that did that because they couldn't afford the high insurance premiums. they got into a accident, the insurance company found out, and everyone got fucked over. after that incident most insurance companies refuse to sell them insurance...

CRXguy
08-02-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

fuck man. don't do that. i know someone that did that because they couldn't afford the high insurance premiums. they got into a accident, the insurance company found out, and everyone got fucked over. after that incident most insurance companies refuse to sell them insurance...

I guess it doesn't matter to me, since I really am common-law!:p

Shouldn't piss off the wifey anymore, or else half my stuff will be gone!!:rofl:

4wheeldrift
08-02-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Shouldn't piss off the wifey anymore, or else half my stuff will be gone!!:rofl:
Fun fact, you have to live common-law for a year to gain that status, but your girlfriend gets half your stuff after only 6 months.

max_boost
08-02-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

But what is half of nothing?
NOTHING! HAHA j/k

But yah, its been 4 years since I last got any sort of ticket and 5 years since my last accident and my insurance is going up as we speak! LOL How the hell does that work?!?!?!

4wheeldrift
08-02-2002, 10:54 PM

NOTHING! HAHA j/k

But yah, its been 4 years since I last got any sort of ticket and 5 years since my last accident and my insurance is going up as we speak! LOL How the hell does that work?!?!?!

You didn't see the bonus offer you got when you signed the contract? Complimentary sphincter enlarging at every renewal?

max_boost
08-02-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

You didn't see the bonus offer you got when you signed the contract? Complimentary sphincter enlarging at every renewal?

I must say I am very fortunate to not have to pay for my own car insurance:thumbsup:

redline
08-02-2002, 11:10 PM

NOTHING! HAHA j/k

basicly for the last couple of years the insurance companies have been paying out more then they have been taking in. And over the next year or two insurance rates are going double if not go higher!

CRXguy
08-03-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

Fun fact, you have to live common-law for a year to gain that status, but your girlfriend gets half your stuff after only 6 months.

Well, it's almost 3 years now....:eek::D

TomTom
08-05-2002, 01:26 PM
im paying the same on the prelude as the integra!.
pretty much your put into a group, if you get a pos you pay X amount, you get a nicer newer you pay X amount still, you get a brand new= your screwed.