PDA

View Full Version : What to Eat * Fast Food

Gorilla
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Its really difficult to eat well all the time, so when you do go out whats the best thing to get.

At Wendy's I opt for the Grill Chicken without Mayo and a side salad with French dressing (fat free) and diet coke.

I heard thier chilli is pretty good too.

Subway I get the Roasted chicken with alot of greens and fat free sweet onion sauce

But what else would you opt for when going for fast food.

LadyLuck
02-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Edo- Beef Yakisoba

Subway- Sweet onion chicken terriyaki sub

:drool:

kerry
02-12-2008, 01:52 PM
If you NEED to eat fast food do what I do. Stick away from deepfried food, tonnes of mayo or other sauce (could have lots of sugar) and aim for food that has veggies. Pretty easy and safe guidelines.

Sorry I wasn't more specific.

sputnik
02-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Princess*Precid
Edo- Beef Yakisoba

:werd:

The Yakisoba is relatively low calorie for the amount of food you get.

I usually get the chicken yakisoba with extra vegetables if I am really hungry.

Gorilla
02-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I always got the Sweet Onion Sauce at Subway but never considered how much sugar it had. Thanks

Quinsonaaa
02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
nandos chicken is pretty fast food..
and healthy chicken

Swank
02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Sometimes I hit the grocery store for 'fast food'; pre-made deli sandwich (you can ditch the fatty cheese and scrape off excess sauce if required), cup of yogurt or cottage cheese, piece of fruit/veggie and a diet pop or juice. It'll take you a few more minutes than a drive thru, but it's a nice change of pace.

Archea
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I am gonna agree with everyone on the EDO :P

I just dont get sauce on mine...and generally leave some rice, and ALWAYS get the extra veggies :D

I love Subway wraps...

and actually if you have to eat mcdonalds...I really like getting the grilled chicken meal with the side salad and 2% milk :)

Wendy's has the Taco salad that you can get without the beef...then just dont put much dressing on...:)

My worst bain is sushi...you never realize how many carbs you are injesting because the rice is packed solid opposed to being something I can eye-ball for amount.....I eat endame beans before and lots of green tea....and for the sushi I stick to sashimi, avacado and cucumber rolls and occasionally tofu pieces.

Mostly...just know what you are eating,...and ask for any sauces or additional items to be put on the side...that way its a decision you get to make :)

G-ZUS
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
My Donair:thumbsup:

4lti7ude
02-12-2008, 04:41 PM
NANDOS !!!

FiveFreshFish
02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I like Cedars Deli. Not sure how healthy it is though.

http://cedarsdeli.com/

mikestang
02-12-2008, 06:48 PM
lets see.... wendy's triple with a chicken in it..

http://www.license2cruise.com/pics/triplechicken.jpg

muhahahhahh bulk ftw

toyboy88
02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Jugo Juice :D

3 servings for fruits, 970% DV vit C, and ~20 grams protein!

Kona9
02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by mikestang

muhahahhahh bulk ftw

Little wonder why you are 235 lbs!!

Jesus! The regular double makes me wanna shit my pants (if eaten too fast)

mikestang
02-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey! don't make me eat you kona

:whipped:

Kona9
02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey! don't make me eat you kona

:whipped:

YAWN

I'm no asian side dish son!

grrrouch
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
BK- Veggie burger no mayo

bball2
02-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm usually at the University most of the time I get fast food, and it's usually Opa, Gyros Souvlaki w/ Greek Salad :thumbsup:

Forcefed
02-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Quick trick with subway:

When getting a sub, get them to scrape out some for the bread, there is more then half the subs calories in there. Its your food, dont hesitate to do this, if your paying, they should do what you ask. Also, its a great way to add more veggies, plus you cant even taste the difference, but it will automatically cut down a footlong by over 300 calories, maybe more!! Makes this a great fastfood meal if you cant get anything else:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
02-12-2008, 09:24 PM

muhahahhahh bulk ftw

Why would you use that to bulk?

Theres way healthier ways to bulk man , using juice or not using juice... Yeesh that makes me ill looking at that.

Originally posted by Forcefed
Quick trick with subway:

When getting a sub, get them to scrape out some for the bread, there is more then half the subs calories in there. Its your food, dont hesitate to do this, if your paying, they should do what you ask. Also, its a great way to add more veggies, plus you cant even taste the difference, but it will automatically cut down a footlong by over 300 calories, maybe more!! Makes this a great fastfood meal if you cant get anything else:thumbsup:

FTMFW!!!!

mikestang
02-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

YAWN

I'm no asian side dish son!

my side dish's are sumo wrestlers.. -_-

ps. I like eating good food, and having it as soon as I want it. I don't feel like cooking my food, spending 45 minutes doing so and preparing all my healthy meals.

and dont say well just eat at subway, because i eat at subway and extreme pita almost every day aswell.

rmk
02-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Falafal King is pretty tasty. Chicken Schwarma wrap with everything is amazing.

Herb
02-12-2008, 09:32 PM
"BK- Veggie burger no mayo"

Use Get That All The Time But Then I Went Vegan :D Now Its Just Veggie Sub On Italian No Sauce And Salt & Pepper:thumbsup:

sdiep
02-15-2008, 09:23 AM
If you are going to places, such as Subway, fill up on vegetables, and cut back on the sauces and cheese.

Better yet, just look up the caloric values on their website.

JRSC00LUDE
02-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Herb
"BK- Veggie burger no mayo"

Use Get That All The Time But Then I Went Vegan :D Now Its Just Veggie Sub On Italian No Sauce And Salt & Pepper:thumbsup:

Hang onto something when you're outside today, I heard there's 10 km/hour winds out there! :D (jk)

Darkane
02-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Hands down if absolutely needed..

For clean bulk: whole wheat bread a must, Veggies and double meat. Avoid sauces except hot sauce (0cal). Light Ranch isn't to bad however.

For cutting: No way around it, must be Grilled chicken salad with light sauce or none. Chicken must not be breaded and double portions a must :D

Eat my children!

EDIT: Mikestang if you eat like that and have decent Body composition, you should put some effort into a clean diet. Seems you have some pretty rocking genetics in your corner!

KRyn
02-15-2008, 02:03 PM

muhahahhahh bulk ftw

OMFG YOU ARE A GENIUS THAT IS AMAZING!

Imagine that in a Baconator..

mikestang
02-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

OMFG YOU ARE A GENIUS THAT IS AMAZING!

Imagine that in a Baconator..

dude I hate bacon :P

yeah i have kinda decent genetics... im cursed with a permanent beer belly though, ill never have a 6 pack I swear to god... oh well, im up to 242 today muahha
and benching 245x3 >:D almost time to cut back to 215 and see how close I can get to a stomach forming

edit: i eat tuna salad.. i cant stand how long it takes to cook chicken breast.. tuna + salad and a protein shake to supplement

VWEvo
02-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Mens Fitness Magazine released a book titled "Eat this Not that"

It basically outlines at each fast food joint what is relatively healthy to eat and what to avoid. The book is absolutely fantastic and full of surprising information. There's even a whole section at the end of the book that tell you how to grocery shop (compares different off the shelf product to each other) Also, there's a section comparing beers to one another and Spirit drinks. I bought my book from the US, but i'm sure it is available at chapters, if not on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-This-Not-That-Pounds/dp/1594868549/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203176832&sr=8-1

Kritafo
02-16-2008, 11:02 AM
eating healthy...

Well better skip the buns and sauces and cheese. As far as the veggies you get at any fast food place they probably offer no nutritional value since they use the crappiest lettuce and tomatoes on the market.

I can't believe how many people drink diet pop...might as well have a slurp of toxic waste because of the aspartame.
Get a glass of water. Juice! do you how many calories juice contains?

If we eat fast food I get a grilled chicken skip the bun and get them to put veggies on the side, get a glass of water and a salad if I can get one and eat it plain or if I know we are going I take my own toppings... dried cranberries and nuts. Hungry still ....yes most of the time. But that is why I avoid eating out at crappy restaurants.

It's all the extra crap we put into our mouths.

There are certain things I will never be able to give up..caffeine is one of them.

JNeil
02-17-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm sorry if it's been mentioned guys but it's late and I skipped most of the post...

One place most people wouldn't expect to find fast food is grocery stores, Safeway, Sobeys, whatever. Most of them sell pre-made meals (salads, sandwiches, wraps, etc.). It's faster than fast food in most cases, usually cheaper, and FAR healthier.

Safeway also offers hot lunches for under $5 (most of it's deep-fried but still quick and cheap)

Unknown303
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
I go to Safeway over the weekend and buy a bunch of those 2 minute Uncle Ben's rice, in a bunch of different flavors, and as many cans of tuna as i can cram into my basket and then store those in a drawer at work. When i get hungry i can decide between straight tuna for a meal and tuna on rice for another.

Getting a decent non-fat vinaigrette is kind of nice to from on the tuna from time to time just to mix it up a little.

Kona9
03-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I go to Safeway over the weekend and buy a bunch of those 2 minute Uncle Ben's rice, in a bunch of different flavors, and as many cans of tuna as i can cram into my basket and then store those in a drawer at work. When i get hungry i can decide between straight tuna for a meal and tuna on rice for another.

Getting a decent non-fat vinaigrette is kind of nice to from on the tuna from time to time just to mix it up a little.

Try mixing your tuna with some apple sauce. It takes the dryness away, and adds a small amount of flavor.

For an extra 1.50 you can get your sub turned into a salad at Subway. Pita Pit is good as well!!

I am heading to Mexico in May and want to tone up as much as possible. I am doing it all with healthy eating and only home exercise! (no time for the gym right now)

403Gemini
03-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Flavored tuna *drool* - i love the lemon and pepper or the dill flavored :thumbsup:

Unknown303
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
OH both of those are so good, the cans just need to be for times their size.

4lti7ude
03-03-2008, 06:35 PM

muhahahhahh bulk ftw

I think im going to wendys tonight...

BenC
03-03-2008, 06:36 PM
booster juice ftw!
and tuna sub at subway

Manhattan
03-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by BenC
booster juice ftw!
and tuna sub at subway

Tuna at Subway is TERRIBLE for fat. The reason it tastes so good is because they mix their tuna with a bucket of mayo when theyre preparing the tuna. It's got more calories than burger and fries.

I like Wendy's chili. A large chili weighs more than twice a burger so it'll fill you up but it has way less calories because of the beans. High in protein and fiber and low in fat. It's the most filling healthy fast food IMO.