PDA

View Full Version : I got away!

technohustla
07-31-2003, 09:05 AM
:burnout: ok so last night I am on my way home and stop at the lights on 14st and 17ave sw when this guy and his whitetrash girlfreind rollup next to me and ask if I'm turning. I say no, and she immediately says " well do you wanna fuckin' go or what?"
I looked at his car for a sec and notice that his 1990 5.0 mustang had a cowl induction hood on it. So I ask "is that hood just for show or do you really have a motor that big under there? She responds "oh there's a bit done" So I think about it for a sec and tell him ok let's go but he has to light em up. Light goes green and my legend jumps out front by half a car length until about half way through third gear when this guy started to pull on me.
This was about the same time that I happened to see this cop light up the disco lights all for us. So right then I was going by a side street so I tuned off at speed and parked for a second behind another car. Looked back and there went calgary's finest chasing the 5.0. So I drove up a few more blocks and parked in an alley, got out of my car and walked back up to 14st to see what else but the guy in the mustang pulled over getting written up. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :poosie:

t"raver1"smith
07-31-2003, 09:52 AM
nice move jackass, isn't your ins already high enough B? your a lucky s.o.b. nice one though

littledan
07-31-2003, 09:56 AM
you sir, are retarded.

mad_psyentist
07-31-2003, 09:57 AM
Hn. Half a victory, I suppose. Technically you both were in the wrong but hey, you're right, you didn't get caught. 50-50 chance. I know how many people are gonna be all "What, you want a medal?" but ya know, I think that was pretty cool. I'd never do it myself, but still pretty cool. Cops probably figured Mustang vs. Legend is totally one-sided and went after the Mustang on history alone.

EstoMax
07-31-2003, 10:03 AM
did u ever think they got your plate? maybe you will b getting a letter n the mail.. i would not be so happy yet
max

Khyron
07-31-2003, 10:36 AM
They don't know who was driving. That "get a letter in the mail" crap is bs. Unless he blew thru a multinova of course. :P

Khyron

rage2
07-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
They don't know who was driving. That "get a letter in the mail" crap is bs. Unless he blew thru a multinova of course. :P
You'll still get charged, even if they don't know who was driving. I know a certain someone on the forums (hehe) who ran from the cops like 8 years ago, his plates were recorded, and there were lots of big $ registered owner tickets, back when tickets were cheap.

The good news is, no demerits! :)

ScCab
07-31-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by rage2

You'll still get charged, even if they don't know who was driving. I know a certain someone on the forums (hehe) who ran from the cops like 8 years ago, his plates were recorded, and there were lots of big $ registered owner tickets, back when tickets were cheap.

oh man....
cops came to my house and wrote me up 3 tickets. 1 for failing to stop for a P.O. 2nd for stunting and 3rd for speeding. I was selling my rx7 tt and let some guy test drive it:confused: dude drops off the keys and says he'll call me. I drive the car back home thinking nothing of it then Bam next day the cop arrest me gving me shit for drving like an ass. I told him it wasn't me driving but the car registration was under my name. he asked who it was and i told him my story. I had no clue who it was. he was like I dont give a shit and told me he'll see me in court. all in all the ticket and fines were about 2g. it doesnt really matter who was driving cause the car was under my name....live and learn:(

Khyron
07-31-2003, 11:02 AM
Holy crap I'd go postal - did you get a lawyer and fight?

Khyron

/////AMG
07-31-2003, 11:04 AM
I'm suprised this thread is still open

| | | | | |
| | | | | |
\/ \/ \/ \/

rage2
07-31-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ScCab
I was selling my rx7 tt and let some guy test drive it:confused:
Originally posted by ScCab
I had no clue who it was.:rofl:

How can you trust "a guy you don't know" with your car? Good story/excuse though! :rofl:

ScCab
07-31-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
Holy crap I'd go postal - did you get a lawyer and fight?

Khyron

talked to a lawyer and he told me I needed to find out who was driving:dunno:

:rofl:

How can you trust "a guy you don't know" with your car? Good story/excuse though! :rofl:
:guns:

ryder_23
07-31-2003, 11:39 AM
People run and get away from the police everyday, especially with the rcmp. They clock people going like 160 the other way on the hwy, they go to turn around, by then the guy steps on it, takes first exit and hides. cop never had a chance, i wouldnt know from experience tho :rolleyes:

benyl
07-31-2003, 01:18 PM
why would you come on a public forum and admit what you did... :dunno: :dunno:

tommy1223
07-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by benyl
why would you come on a public forum and admit what you did... :dunno: :dunno:

HAHAH!! and why would u stop and get out to look?

i'd just keep going and wish that the cop didnt see my plate.

bosa
07-31-2003, 02:27 PM
In a way it was a smart move, but in another way it wasn't.. :dunno:

Khyron
07-31-2003, 02:38 PM
My cop friend told me that on the highway they'll try and catch you first before flipping on the lights for just that reason. You blast past the cop going 160, he keeps going - you think "Hrm, is he on speed duty or just going to a call, should I just slow down and keep driving or pull over and hide". Most people do the first and the cop catches up a few mins later - by then its too late.

Khyron

Speed_Dreams
07-31-2003, 08:31 PM
I did it once...kinda. Back in the day when i had my '82 Supra. the battery went dead so I got a boost and was heading into Rocky mountain house to buy a new one (my cousin and I were camping) and I was keeping the RPM's up and i was in 5th gear at about 4800-5000 RPM's in 5th Gear , and I didn't know how fast i was going cuz the Speedo was broke. anywyas Goign up a hill i fly by this cop and my cousin pops his head out the sun roof and says of shit hes turning around. so I pull off into this other little camp ground area and wait and see if he finds me. well he did...and i had my fun. but the good thing was. he couldn't clock me he just "knew i was speeding" so he gave me an $87 ticket for Unreasonable rate of speed :D hehe i got off BIG time

DonJuan
08-01-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
but the good thing was. he couldn't clock me he just "knew i was speeding" so he gave me an $87 ticket for Unreasonable rate of speed :D hehe i got off BIG time Same thing happened to me when I used to drive my bro's 82 BMW 320is, comin home from work at the Crowfoot YMCA at like 1:30 AM i was just flyin down John Laurie and when passin the 14th st merge was a Cop on the off ramp merging onto John laurie. when the cop (a foxy lady cop) finally caught up to me and stopped me by 4th st, she said that she doesn't know how fast I was goin but she had to do 190 just to catch up. I told her "my car doesn't go that fast though" (LIES ALL LIES!!!) and expalined that I just was tryin to get home cuz I had to be at school early the next day (that was the truth). She let me off, without a ticket and just a warning. Nice cop:clap: The next night I was only doin about 140 down john laurie and keepin a good eye out.

Scat
08-01-2003, 02:46 AM
Note to self: When letting someone else test drive your car, ensure you are sitting shotgun for the ride.

LUDELVR
08-01-2003, 02:56 AM

This is true!! I got one a while back in Lethbridge, I was "driving spiritedly...very spiritedly and some jackass tried to box me in so I ended up having to cut in front of him and next thing you know, I get a call from the police and they said they were charging me and I had to pay the ticket....Little did I know that the guy I had cut off was an off duty cop on his way to work!! hahaha So yes they can get your plate and give you a registered owners offence which will not affect your insurance. Oh yah, BTW, I took it to court and ended up winning!! hahahah

technohustla
08-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Hey guys, believe me I wasn't thinking that I was the shit after that experience. To tell the truth I was scared shitless thinking about the consequenses and I may never have the balls to illegally race agian. It is really unsafe, I think that I am a victim of my own immaturity and testosterone. So I am really hoping that this was my one chance to learn and NEVER do it again.

jdmakkord
08-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
I did it once...kinda. Back in the day when i had my '82 Supra. the battery went dead so I got a boost and was heading into Rocky mountain house to buy a new one (my cousin and I were camping) and I was keeping the RPM's up and i was in 5th gear at about 4800-5000 RPM's in 5th Gear , and I didn't know how fast i was going cuz the Speedo was broke. anywyas Goign up a hill i fly by this cop and my cousin pops his head out the sun roof and says of shit hes turning around. so I pull off into this other little camp ground area and wait and see if he finds me. well he did...and i had my fun. but the good thing was. he couldn't clock me he just "knew i was speeding" so he gave me an $87 ticket for Unreasonable rate of speed :D hehe i got off BIG time

Last time I got an unreasonable rate of speed it was 4 or 5 demerits. I hardly call that getting off easy.

RSRT-4
08-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Well If You don't want the tickets or the demerits don't brake the law, And I Don't think this forum supports street racing and certainly not running from the cops :dunno: that's the stupidest thing you can do

rice_eater
08-01-2003, 04:01 PM

I did the exact same thing a few months back and i never got anything in the mail! The cops got my licence plate and CALLED my house and were supposed to come down the next day to talk to me! Well i made sure that i wasn't home the next day and that was it. I honestly doubt they ever bothered to even call again, let alone show up at my house. I think pulling over in a back alley and going for a walk is the thing to do. They are gonna be looking for you on the street and if there are other cars in the area they could all look in the general direction you were heading...I doubt they would be able to recognize you from walking on the street. The only difference between when i almost got busted for racing was that i shut it down after raping the other car and the guy in the civic decided to do a fly by and kept going fast...i didnt even notice the cops were behind us. As soon as i slowed down they blew by me...

rice_eater
08-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Last time I got an unreasonable rate of speed it was 4 or 5 demerits. I hardly call that getting off easy.

back when i drove like a retard i got caught doing 100 in a 50 zone and i got a $287 with 5 demerits if i remember corectly, ticket and the cop told me that had i gone 1 more km over the speed limit i would have been in court the next day explaining to the judge why i had to go that fast and my car would have got impounded...Went to the crown prosecutor and he reduced the fine by half and gave me 2 demerits, and for the insurance it shows up as a minor speed ticket!!! I call that luckying out BIG TIME!

DJ Lazy
08-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
I'm suprised this thread is still open

| | | | | |
| | | | | |
\/ \/ \/ \/

Yea, we even got the moderators posting up in this mutha-f*cker.. LOL what up wit dat.. :dunno: :rofl:

rage2
08-01-2003, 09:12 PM
We're just answering questions based on experience... :)