PDA

View Full Version : PC Fincancial Mortgage?

aznexec
02-13-2008, 08:45 AM
I am shopping around for a mortgage provider...currently with bmo (for almost everything), but am considering paying the penalty to get back into the variable rates (and bmo's offer to loyal customers is not great).

PC has a great 5yr closed variable - prime -.6! With the option to lock into fixed during the term, as long as it's for a minimum of 3 years.

Anyone going through PC Financial for their mortage? how is the service? good/bad? is there on-line banking to check the mortgage and payments? Any reason to avoid them?

rc2002
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by aznexec
how is the service? good/bad? is there on-line banking to check the mortgage and payments? Any reason to avoid them?

PC Financial is ONLY online banking. They have no bricks and mortar locations.

I've found that their customer service is very good (mind you it's only day to day banking and not a mortgage).

Have you tried a mortgage broker yet? A lot of them can get rates better than any of the posted ones...

sputnik
02-13-2008, 09:53 AM
For 5 year fixed variable rate mortgages prime minus 0.6% is about the best you will do right now.

My broker has me lined up for one starting in March.

bmeier
02-13-2008, 10:12 AM
actually you can get prime -.75 my broker just set it up for me.

el-nino
02-13-2008, 10:16 AM
p-.75 is what I can get you. My question is why would you want your mortgage set up at a grocery store?

Kritafo
02-13-2008, 10:28 AM
We had a PC mortgage. It's all CIBC.. we never had one issue. Plus when we transferred our mortgage we got all the PC points based on the mortgage amount. IT was great. The only reason we switched was the end of term, and our financial guy got us a great deal through Manulife One.

yobi5888
02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I got one through a broker as well, it was from CIBC. Prime - 0.9 variable for 5 yrs.

Mark_Nguyen
02-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by el-nino
p-.75 is what I can get you. My question is why would you want your mortgage set up at a grocery store?

Its backed by CIBC and there are no fees to banking with them. They offer one of the best interest rates for a savings account. So why not

aznexec
02-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by yobi5888
I got one through a broker as well, it was from CIBC. Prime - 0.9 variable for 5 yrs.

How long ago was that?!!

As for a broker, the best i got today was prime - .65 ... pc finacial also pays for appraisals and 100$ of discharge cost which is nice. so far no big red flags...looks like i'll be making the switch as they might be able to do more then .60 if I push them!

three.eighteen.
02-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
Plus when we transferred our mortgage we got all the PC points based on the mortgage amount.

that's crazy, a lot of free groceries?

WiltonKillz
02-13-2008, 05:34 PM
haha nicee groceries !:drool:

whodiman
02-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Is prime -.60 the consensus rate right now? It seems like everyone is able to get this and maybe a tiny bit more. My banker only offered me -.50 but she might have held back in case i come back and negotiate more.

Yobi, how did you get prime -.90?

yobi5888
02-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by whodiman
Yobi, how did you get prime -.90?

Hmm..I've been dealing with the same brokers for years and she just gave me the deal.

If anyone is interested, PM me for a contact and you can talk to her yourself.