PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens congressional hearing

buh_buh
02-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Anybody listening/watching this on TSN? To me, Rog sounds pretty guilty. He's pretty much "forgotten" every single incident or allegation in regards to any story regarding steroids or HGH he's involved in.

Rocky
02-13-2008, 12:10 PM
He seems like the type who would do it to me.

If there's even any question it completely defames these athletes. But that won't take away all the awards and recognition these guys have achieved over the years. It's kind of sad because the hard working REAL athletes that play ethically probably missed a lot of chances while guys like Clemens dominated the leagues while being fed illegal/unethical substances.

Innocent til proven guilty, but there's already enough culpability in my mind -- same goes for Bonds and several others too.

Ajay
02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Just like Bonds, and Palmero (sp?) he's guilty.

Gonna be interesting when they find out he committed perjury to congress after vehemently denying he used any performance enhancing drugs.

dr_jared88
02-13-2008, 01:19 PM
His answers all seemed to run of in random directions and have little to no relevence to the question. Like seriously, just because you walked 2 miles everyday from your condo to school; doesn't mean you didn't take steroids.

I like most say he's guilty. Your head doesn't typically grow like his did with steroids.

bigboom
02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
also the the thing that really hurts is that his "close friend" andy pettitte even came out and said that Clemens was talking about using it.

98type_r
02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I liked this morning when they were asking about the Andy Pettite conversations and all he had to answer was "I think he recalls incorrectly" to every statement made about him using HGH.

It seems to me Clemens is lying, seems like a bunch of the congressmen are out to discredit Mcnamee. It's just a big farce if you ask me...
If it does turn out the Clemens did use HGH/steroids he's in big trouble. He could have just stayed quiet and said nothing, but now he's lied under oath, could go to jail just like Barry Bonds.

ianmcc
02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Sounds he shoulda been injecting ginkgo biloba instead of B-12.
Oh, and before anyone asks...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginkgo#Medicinal_uses

heavyD
02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
These guys have made millions of dollars indirectly from fans walking through the turnstiles and watchnig TV. Why not just come clean and say: "Yes I did it. It was a mistake and I appologise." I would still have respect for him and his accomplishments and he could go on with the rest of his life.

Now I am offended that he (and Bonds) thinks because he's a star athelete he can beat the system and pull the wool over the fans eyes. We're not all sheep and we all know people aren't perfect, own up to your mistakes and be a man.:thumbsdow

buh_buh
02-13-2008, 01:28 PM
they both look like they're lying, and this whole thing just seems like a sham. My favourite part so far, Clemens throwing his wife under the bus. His wife did HGH? :rofl: I guess they have a big house. It takes a lot of muscle to push around that vacuum.

98type_r
02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
These guys have made millions of dollars indirectly from fans walking through the turnstiles and watchnig TV. Why not just come clean and say: "Yes I did it. It was a mistake and I appologise." I would still have respect for him and his accomplishments and he could go on with the rest of his life.

Now I am offended that he (and Bonds) thinks because he's a star athelete he can beat the system and pull the wool over the fans eyes. We're not all sheep and we all know people aren't perfect, own up to your mistakes and be a man.:thumbsdow

I agree, if he did it then just own up to it like Pettitte did. It wasn't against the rules at the time, but I guess he just wants to protect his reputation. But it's ok to drag his wife into this and say it was her HGH.

max_boost
02-13-2008, 01:34 PM

:werd: :werd: :werd:

bobby_lu
02-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
they both look like they're lying, and this whole thing just seems like a sham. My favourite part so far, Clemens throwing his wife under the bus. His wife did HGH? :rofl: I guess they have a big house. It takes a lot of muscle to push around that vacuum.

That was hilarious....

As for the hearing...what a joke, Clemens would be better off just saying he did it, like anyone would care..maybe he might not be a first ballot HOF'er, but I'm sure he would still get there. He has a 9 figure bankroll, its sad but true, people do anything and everything for money, and its not like Clemens will end up suffering any real consequences.

On a lighter note, anyone seen the Seinfeld with the Pigman? That was the guy running the hearing, Henry Waxman haha:rofl:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r257/bobby_lu/070410_waxman4.jpg

Ajay
02-13-2008, 03:46 PM

I agree that he should just fess up and say he used banned substances but in my opinion it's hard to have respect for someone that used said banned substances and then categorically denies using them. Not to mention the fact that if it is found that he did in fact use banned substances his whole career will be looked at under a magnifying glass.

I think this is Clemens obviously trying to save his reputation and have people not second guess what he did for the game. Great pitcher? Sure. But the question will always be asked as how great could he really be if he's using banned substances. Same with Barry Bonds. This is a slap in the face to pure athletes in that game such as Ken Griffey, Ichiro Suzuki, and old timers like Hank Aaron who accomplished what they accomplished by being pure.

pookguy88
02-21-2008, 12:55 PM
a bit off topic but just curious, how much do these banned substances (e.g. steroids and HGH) actually help your game?

does it just add extra strength? I don't see it adding dexterity or finesse

rmk
02-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Shocking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJhu74yBPlQ&feature=related

slick2404
02-26-2008, 08:14 PM
hahaha that was so weak but i still found it funny or some reason

mark4091
02-26-2008, 08:52 PM
ahahaah I agree with the guy above me, it was pathetic yet it was so funny.

D'z Nutz
02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Haha, I think that's hilarious!

Sweet sweet can

Hakkola
02-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
He seems like the type who would do it to me.

If there's even any question it completely defames these athletes. But that won't take away all the awards and recognition these guys have achieved over the years. It's kind of sad because the hard working REAL athletes that play ethically probably missed a lot of chances while guys like Clemens dominated the leagues while being fed illegal/unethical substances.

Innocent til proven guilty, but there's already enough culpability in my mind -- same goes for Bonds and several others too.

Fuck those "REAL" athletes, I'm more interested in the guys who sacrifice their bodies for my entertainment, I'll watch a steroid monkey hit 70 homers over some clean guy who hits 30 any time.

Besides, word is, Babe Ruth was drunk most of the time when he was playing, some of these guys do stupid things, but I don't give a fuck, I just want to be entertained.

Originally posted by buh_buh
Clemens throwing his wife under the bus. His wife did HGH? :rofl: I guess they have a big house. It takes a lot of muscle to push around that vacuum.

My mom takes HGH, she hasn't had heart problems since she started taking it, HGH has a lot of uses.