PDA

View Full Version : "Diet" Pills

JWL
02-13-2008, 05:51 PM
I know this subject has been asked over and over again, but I need your opinion on what products you guys have used and what did you think of them (ie Did you find them effective? Side effects? etc.)

I have tried Xenadrine before and had friend who tried Hydroxycut, but would want to see what else is out there. The other two products that I have heard of are Tight and Lean System 7. If you used these two products before, it would be helpful if you could give me some info on what you thought about them and how long you have used them.

I need something that is ephedra free since the competition that I'm entering in will test if you've used ephedra.

Thanks for your help!

Gadgetboy
02-13-2008, 07:54 PM
the only real "diet pills" that exist AFAIK are ones that burn more calories doing your normal everyday things by speeding up your heart. With that being said, the best way in my experiences to achieve this is through ephedrine.

Why not do it through cutting weight the day before, or the old fashioned way, cardio?

A790
02-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Phentramin works, but it's a hoodia-based appetite suppressant.

rmk
02-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Hydroxycut = garbage

ChargedLextasy
02-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I Take liquid hoodia and it works great for the cravings

Darkane
02-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Honestly? I bet you're not eating enough.

3 things to drop weight naturally through diet:

1) Eat more
2) Eat more often
3) Eat less carbs

2 of those 3 will almost ALWAYS work for everybody. Of course people will chronic illness etc have to be specialized. It is that simple.

Add cardio and be fit for life.

Kritafo
02-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Best thing I ever took was Fastin, but it along with Phentermine was taken off the market. It was the best. I needed to lose 10 lbs before my wedding....I lost more than that in a week. They were stimulate based.

If you can get your hands on any pills for ADHD they work as well.

Other than that have you tried to use the Wellbetx? I am just going to give them a whirl after Valentines day.

A790
02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
Best thing I ever took was Fastin, but it along with Phentermine was taken off the market. It was the best. I needed to lose 10 lbs before my wedding....I lost more than that in a week. They were stimulate based.

If you can get your hands on any pills for ADHD they work as well.

Other than that have you tried to use the Wellbetx? I am just going to give them a whirl after Valentines day.
LOL fuck diet and exercise, it's all pills for you! People like you make people like me rich.

JAYMEZ
02-14-2008, 01:49 AM
No legal pills EVER work...

Clen
Whinny
DNP

Enough said.

BenC
02-14-2008, 01:53 AM
hydroxycut and xenadrine are garbage since they took out the ephidrine
all they'll end up doing is giving you the runs. ha

JWL
02-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
Honestly? I bet you're not eating enough.

3 things to drop weight naturally through diet:

1) Eat more
2) Eat more often
3) Eat less carbs

2 of those 3 will almost ALWAYS work for everybody. Of course people will chronic illness etc have to be specialized. It is that simple.

Add cardio and be fit for life.

I'm not looking to take the pills anytime soon, not until 3-4 weeks before the competition, but right now I am eating 6 meals a day and it's mostly veggies (spinich, yams, cucumbers, etc.) and protein (mostly chicken breast, fish, bison) and will have some complex carbs, namely oatmeal. As for cardio, the only type of cardio that I'm doing right now is anaerobic exercises for the next 3 weeks before I start doing at least 1 hour of cardio on the treadmill (7 incline 3.6 speed and will increase the speed) 6 days a week for 7 weeks. I'm also lifting 6 days a week right now.

I guess you can say that I'm just temporarily using the pills to "lean out" and to get that cut look. I know Hydroxycut and Xenadrine are not very good products since they put more of their money into marketing.

Originally posted by Kritaof

Let me know how that goes for you.

Originally posted by ChargedLextasy
I Take liquid hoodia and it works great for the cravings.

I will look into that... I've seen the name before... is it a natural by-product?

jay42w8
02-15-2008, 06:40 PM
^ Yes, Hoodia is from a plant and originated in the Africa where tribes would use it on long treks so they wouldn't be hungry and have to eat.

mikestang
02-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by A790

LOL fuck diet and exercise, it's all pills for you! People like you make people like me rich.

you run a supplement store?

=O

and what are you guys tlaking about no legal pills work? I take a certain diet pill that makes me wired for 6 hours... it isnt kidding when they say dont take 6 hours before sleeping... no ephedrine either, or whinny etc.

I like em, not only do they do something for me, the placebo effect helps too :D

JAYMEZ
02-15-2008, 07:08 PM
^^ You could drink 2 redbulls and be wired for 6 hours... Pills are a waste of money , you can do it naturally

mikestang
02-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
^^ You could drink 2 redbulls and be wired for 6 hours... Pills are a waste of money , you can do it naturally

red bull, rockstar, full throttle, bawls, etc.. all dont give me anywhere near the kind of energy that "Hot Rox" does.. I can feel the difference when I take them, and people notice the difference, it's basically like ecstasy.

that and the bottle of pills costs less than all the energy drinks it'd take to give me comparable results in the long run and contains less carbs

Alyssa
02-20-2008, 03:59 AM
I agree with no store bought products really help, by the time you compound diet with magic gnc pills like you're told to do, which makes sense, i bet you'd lose just as much if they were placebo since most people put that much more effort into eating right so they don't 'waste' their money.
I've had good results from clen, t3 not as much but seen men take to it better.

kerry
02-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah OP, no diet pills work unfortunately. The best way to drop weight is to do a cutting diet and take Caffeine pills to keep you energized. It's not healthy though unfortunately, but in short periods you can do it.

Tonnes of cardio (1 hour/day at least) and you'll lean out to where you wanna be.

And I do still want to come work out with you, but I was on 3 hours of sleep Monday hahaha.

JWL
02-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by kerry
Yeah OP, no diet pills work unfortunately. The best way to drop weight is to do a cutting diet and take Caffeine pills to keep you energized. It's not healthy though unfortunately, but in short periods you can do it.

Tonnes of cardio (1 hour/day at least) and you'll lean out to where you wanna be.

And I do still want to come work out with you, but I was on 3 hours of sleep Monday hahaha.

Well, I'm only looking to do the pills for competition. I am actually at a weight I'm happy with off season. I did a little research myself on bb.com and found that a lot of people like using Lipo 6. Have any of you used it or heard anything about it?

I am meeting up with a lady who has been competing for 13 years and she will help me with my diet tonight. I realize that it's too late for me to build muscles before the competition, but she will help me maintain what I have already. She will also help me with my posing and walks.

Anyway, I know cardio is an important factor with losing the extra fat, and I'll be doing my two times a day for six days a week training starting next week (cardio in the morning and weights after work) and I will be doing this until competition time.

So, where are those pics that you said you would post up!? hahaha... Just giving you a hard time.

Well, next training time is Saturday at 9am and I'm hoping to do some legs.

adam c
02-20-2008, 02:55 PM
i was at GNC, and they were saying all the good stuff you hear about Lypo6 is from the American version and not the version they sell here

I took Hydroxycut before and ended up in the hospital, they people thought i was high on crack or cocaine or something.. assholes..

Right now i tried the GNC Cuts, its crap honestly.. the only thing it really does it wake me up in the morning

nismodrifter
02-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Go see your family Dr. There are dieting pills that actually work ($$$$)

one of them makes you feel full quicker (starts with an M, I can't remember the name of it but it was discovered as a derivative of an Anti-Depressant) - costs like $130/month iirc

Another one (starts with an S iirc) prevents the absorption of like 1/3 of the fat in your meal (so you shit it out = diarreah - not exactly nice but it would work).

The key is to go and speak to a liscenced medical professional and not some meat head at the GNC store. :dunno: