PDA

View Full Version : why isnt my N/A VR6 making boost?

CivicTunr
02-13-2008, 06:22 PM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3680797
:rofl:

schocker
02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
If you took your time, almost every thread in the MKIV section on the vortex is like that.

CivicDXR
02-13-2008, 06:29 PM
wow, just.... wow

:banghead: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl:

7thgenvic
02-13-2008, 06:33 PM
HAHAH that just made my day

JRSC00LUDE
02-13-2008, 06:36 PM
My buddy (service advisor at VW) always says you've gotta be stupid to buy a Volkswagon. This pretty much seals it.

Trini
02-13-2008, 06:53 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

sr20s14zenki
02-13-2008, 06:56 PM
i love the other guy if you read down a bit "so what did he plug the sensor into then?"

rofl epic thread.

:thumbsup:

dj_rice
02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
"why would this be a joke post? I'm asking a simple question here...all i have figured out so far is my vacuum leak gauge is working correctly"

finboy
02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
My buddy (service advisor at VW) always says you've gotta be stupid to buy a Volkswagon. This pretty much seals it.

thats why the smart ones upgrade to bmw :rofl:

zipdoa
02-13-2008, 07:12 PM
hahahaha 'i thought VR6 had the turbos'

nismodrifter
02-13-2008, 07:15 PM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3680819

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3680833

You can tell it's a joke/fake thread just by looking at what he drives...."1979 Type II Bus".

honda/teg
02-13-2008, 07:30 PM
holly fuk its a simple fix check your apex seals because the vr6 is rotary engine make sure ur seals are good and check your spark plugs , mybe your plugs are loose so u are leaking boost through there , after u check all that check your self into a automotive course

VWEvo
02-13-2008, 07:45 PM

I guess I must be stupid.

GQBalla
02-13-2008, 08:11 PM
ridiculars

Toms-SC
02-13-2008, 08:13 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/ughmamoru2.gif

phrozen
02-13-2008, 08:13 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAAA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lolz EPIC!!!

Euro_Trash
02-13-2008, 08:56 PM

Volkswagen

adidas
02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo

Yea so am i and a bunch of my friends. We should just create the pool of stupidity for VW drivers.

His friend must be so smart since he works as a Service Advisor for 'VW'

Canmorite
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by honda/teg
holly fuk its a simple fix check your apex seals because the vr6 is rotary engine make sure ur seals are good and check your spark plugs , mybe your plugs are loose so u are leaking boost through there , after u check all that check your self into a automotive course

Ilovelude, is that you? :dunno:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207652&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=1

JRSC00LUDE
02-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

Volkswagen

Haha! Caught me ye Bastard! :rofl:

Originally posted by adidas

Yea so am i and a bunch of my friends. We should just create the pool of stupidity for VW drivers.

His friend must be so smart since he works as a Service Advisor for 'VW'

No need to get your panties in a bunch ladies, there are a few good ones and I'm sure you guys own them. Maybe his opinion is just a little jaded but hey, what does he know? Only been dealing with them daily for 10 years so I'm sure he has no idea what he's talking about. :rolleyes:

Is there some kind of altar to VW fanboys that I could sacrifice a virgin on to atone for my blasphemy or something? :cry:

adidas
02-14-2008, 11:59 AM

No need to get your panties in a bunch ladies, there are a few good ones and I'm sure you guys own them. Maybe his opinion is just a little jaded but hey, what does he know? Only been dealing with them daily for 10 years so I'm sure he has no idea what he's talking about. :rolleyes:

Is there some kind of altar to VW fanboys that I could sacrifice a virgin on to atone for my blasphemy or something? :cry:

It says alot about your friend if hes been working for the same company and only managed to be a Service Advisor in the 10 years that he has been there. But since your friend is such an icon and knows everything about vw's then it would be best if they promoted him to the receptionist position.

JRSC00LUDE
02-14-2008, 12:59 PM
^

Wow, not sure what your problem is. Don't like opinions? I wasn't personally calling you stupid with that comment but I am starting to think about doing so now after reading that moronic response.

I'll be sure to tell him that you don't think he's successful since he's only second in command under the actual service manager (who also doesn't drive a VW). By extension of your brilliant argument, would the service manager also be a failure since he's in his late 40's and doesn't own the dealership? He's been there awhile as well so I guess that says a lot about him too? Would you like to put your resume out for critique so those two losers can take some pointers from you Mr. Trump? Pull your head out of your ass buddy, if you don't like opinions don't come to the internet.

Also, you may want to pick your battles. Nobody in their right mind is going to argue that the reliability of the modern volkswagen is above par. Head down to your local dealer and check how many technicians actual drive VW's, I'm guessing the percentage is somewhere below 50 and those that do likely drive older, better models (with the exception of the new GTI).

All that being said, the comment was made in jest as a response to an idiotic thread (much like this post is a response to an idiotic comment) and there are actually quite a few VW's that I like a lot regardless of their problems.

:)

Euro_Trash
02-14-2008, 01:11 PM

Catching a spelling mistake by you is like calling a teacher on a mistake in class. :D

asp integra
02-14-2008, 03:07 PM

me too

Mr_ET
02-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
ridiculars

You bastard I wanted to post that.

maybe someone be robbin his boost?

JRSC00LUDE
02-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by asp integra

me too

Nope, you have a 1.8T. Pretty good drivetrain.

Euro_Trash
02-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Plus 1.8T nevAr loses

VWEvo
02-14-2008, 09:53 PM

Nope, you have a 1.8T. Pretty good drivetrain.

Seriously,

The main reason I miss owning a VW is not only because of the car, but because of the VW culture. I really enjoyed hangin out with what you call "VW Fanboys", maybe I was one of them. I've gone to a few BMW meets, i've met some great guys, but honestly, I made some great friends in the VW circle. Its just a matter of time before I buy another VW, and I'm definately looking forward to modding it (for a far more reasonable price than my BMW), and being part of the VW culture again.

JRSC00LUDE
02-14-2008, 10:05 PM
^

Honestly, I wasn't maliciously bashing VW's at all man! :rofl:
If you read my retort to little miss overreaction adidas I finish with the sentiment that there are several VW's I like. I'm really not sure why shitbricks had to get so ignorant and defensive about my post but hey, whatever. Maybe bashing someone's career path made him feel like a big man for 5 minutes. Sad thing is that it likely did.

To this day the corrado (sp?), despite all it's problems, is one of my all-time fav's and the only new compact sport car I would consider buying from the import side right now is the GTI because it looks and rides so nice even though it's a tank on the scales. Dollars to donuts say that one day I'll likely own a VW too. That doesn't change the fact they aren't any more reliable than a hooker giving you change from a hundred for a $90 blowjob but hey, neither is a dodge/chevy/ford and people love them too. :dunno:

Aleks
02-14-2008, 10:11 PM

Seriously,

The main reason I miss owning a VW is not only because of the car, but because of the VW culture. I really enjoyed hangin out with what you call "VW Fanboys", maybe I was one of them. I've gone to a few BMW meets, i've met some great guys, but honestly, I made some great friends in the VW circle. Its just a matter of time before I buy another VW, and I'm definately looking forward to modding it (for a far more reasonable price than my BMW), and being part of the VW culture again.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/207827/f-s-2004-5-platinum-grey-jetta-gli/

I hear it calling your name :bigpimp:

Spoons
02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Won't let me view it anymore :(

962 kid
02-14-2008, 10:14 PM

:werd:

VWEvo
02-14-2008, 10:31 PM
^

Honestly, I wasn't maliciously bashing VW's at all man! :rofl:
If you read my retort to little miss overreaction adidas I finish with the sentiment that there are several VW's I like. I'm really not sure why shitbricks had to get so ignorant and defensive about my post but hey, whatever. Maybe bashing someone's career path made him feel like a big man for 5 minutes. Sad thing is that it likely did.

To this day the corrado (sp?), despite all it's problems, is one of my all-time fav's and the only new compact sport car I would consider buying from the import side right now is the GTI because it looks and rides so nice even though it's a tank on the scales. Dollars to donuts say that one day I'll likely own a VW too. That doesn't change the fact they aren't any more reliable than a hooker giving you change from a hundred for a $90 blowjob but hey, neither is a dodge/chevy/ford and people love them too. :dunno:

Hey no worries, I'm not offended by what you said. Don't feel the need to defend yourself. Seriously, I'm not even disagreeing with you. What I was pointing out was there is more to VW's than just the car.

VWEvo
02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/207827/f-s-2004-5-platinum-grey-jetta-gli/

I hear it calling your name :bigpimp:

I know dude, I already drooled when I saw it. Unfortunately, gotta get rid of the 330i first. Not as easy to sell as I thought

ricefarmer
02-14-2008, 10:36 PM

Basically that statement apply's to any manufacturer. If he's been on the job as long as you say it's probably just burned into his mind that VW's are crap. What has he been dealing with for 10 years? VW's with problems.

One of my friends hates nissans and thinks most of the new ones are crap, guess what he does for a living--- Nissan technician

Barlow
02-17-2008, 04:48 PM

well you don't "drive a BMW" so you might be...

Jokes....

:D

euro_racer
02-17-2008, 06:42 PM
holy shit storm batman ahha some people take things way out of proportion, but this is beyond so what more can you expect :P

^

Head down to your local dealer and check how many technicians actual drive VW's, I'm guessing the percentage is somewhere below 50 and those that do likely drive older, better models (with the exception of the new GTI).
:)
.....this can be said about any other car manufacturer and its employees. at Infiniti maybe 5% of employees drive an infiniti, honda like 20% if that (and those would be receptionists and lot boys)...honestly though most service advisors and managers i have met/worked with love oldschool muscle cars more than the brand they work for, for them it is just a job, a car is a car. besides, if you work at the service department (tech, advisor, manager) for a long period of time, all you get to see is broken down cars or else you would not have a job so therefore after a while you start to call the cars shit :P

Seriously,

:werd: :werd: :werd: this man has it right, that is exactly why people, myself included, have such great passion for these cars. head out to one of the local meetings/events in the summer and see for yourself (check out das folks), it is pretty much a large community where people all get along and actually interact with each other, enjoy live dj music, bbq etc.... and i feel bad for saying this but the euro meets and cruises are actually way more fun than beyond events.

....anyways, as for that vortex thread: that is the mkIV forum and it is pretty much the norm there. the majority of the guys there are your "fanboy" peeps....makes me wonder why i have owned 4 mkIv's in the past and just bought another :dunno: ....guess i must be stupid :poosie:

ExOz
02-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Lol, tell him it IS making boost : 1,013 millibars of it!!

mk4jetta
02-25-2008, 11:51 PM
haha just found this thread, pretty entertaining