PDA

View Full Version : Capo Restaurant

89coupe
02-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Had a Valentines dinner there last night.

If I used a five star rating it would go like so.

Food/Taste 4 out 5
Plating 5 out 5
Service 4 out 5
Decor 4 out 5
Cleanliness 4 out 5
Price 4 out 5

Food was good but not over the top wow or anything, I was hoping for wow.

The plating was very nice but got downplayed by the flavors of the food.

The service was decent, but there was a couple of times I had to refill my own wine glass.

Decor was nice but because it was so small it gave the restaurant a bit of a cheap feel.

Cleanliness was good except for the washroom, the washroom needs a definite flace lift for a restaurant that wants to be known as fine dining.

Overall price seemed fare enough but again I found it a little tacky that they automatically included gratuity, a little presumptuous in my opinion. It was 18% which was more then fair.

icecreamvan
02-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Damnit. I was really going to try them out this weekend too. Back to Brava Bistro it is then. Thanks for the review.

finediner
02-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I thought Capo was great. It definitely doesn't have the big bucks of other places behind it as its owned by the chef, but thats its charm. It doesnt advertise itself as fine dining, but upscale modern italian, others label it as fine dining, but the chef (if you speak to him) is the first one to say that he couldn't possibly have a fine dining restaurant as there are a number of things that fall short (according to him) about his place. I am a frequent diner there and a self confessed fan, and I would much rather hand over my money to a talented chef/small business owner than some big box/vickers girlie place that couldn't care less.

anhsicun
02-20-2008, 10:44 PM
i ate thier with my g/f last time food was okay not the best or any thing sepcail. was expecting more as thier was soo much hype abt it last yr maybe cuz im asian and use to eatting asian food. also felt out of place when i ate thier soo many old people and for drinks they only had mostly wine for drink which i can't get aroudn drinking wine, taste like crap. don't understand why they got soo many type of water too but yah form my experience i didn't like it won't ever go back. i also agree with 89cuope with teh decor thing thought the resturant would be bigger. the gratuity thing they didn't have that before or maybe i just didn't notice it on my bill.

t-im
02-20-2008, 10:58 PM
The waiter we had was slow, inattentive and arrogant - walked out after waiting 45 minutes to get our drinks.

indorock
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by finediner
I thought Capo was great. It definitely doesn't have the big bucks of other places behind it as its owned by the chef, but thats its charm. It doesnt advertise itself as fine dining, but upscale modern italian, others label it as fine dining, but the chef (if you speak to him) is the first one to say that he couldn't possibly have a fine dining restaurant as there are a number of things that fall short (according to him) about his place. I am a frequent diner there and a self confessed fan, and I would much rather hand over my money to a talented chef/small business owner than some big box/vickers girlie place that couldn't care less.

Gee thanks Mrs. Di Gennaro for letting us know you think your own restaurant is "great". You are a "frequent diner" and a "self-confessed fan", hmm no kidding?!

Kavy
06-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by indorock

Gee thanks Mrs. Di Gennaro for letting us know you think your own restaurant is "great". You are a "frequent diner" and a "self-confessed fan", hmm no kidding?!

If your goal in bumping a thread thats over a year old just to jump on the bandwagon was to look like a total douche, congrats you succeeded.
Hope you enjoyed joining up to post that too. :facepalm:

indorock
06-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

If your goal in bumping a thread thats over a year old just to jump on the bandwagon was to look like a total douche, congrats you succeeded.
Hope you enjoyed joining up to post that too. :facepalm:

No my goal was someting else, but I succeeded all the same. I enjoy success.

I enjoyed it immensely! Thankss! :werd: :whocares: :bigpimp:

Proyecto2000
06-10-2009, 09:03 AM