PDA

View Full Version : Paypal, Ebay auction (problems, situations)

TomcoPDR
02-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Mods, this is the best section for the topic but please move if it's not.

Basics:
- I'm selling same multi $12 items on Ebay
- Item is pretty small, but thicker that is can't go as letter, so small packet parcel as per dumb ass Canada Post. (i.e. 2-3 packs hockey cards, packs of gum, wallet, etc...)
- Didn't want to bother with trips to post office. Offered free shipping within North America straight across (stated: shipped within bubble envelope through regular letter mail; snail mail)
- Mostly US clients
- Items can only make profits if shipped through Canada Post's "small packet" either $5.05 or $6.45 surface or air respectively. (as it's deemed too thick for $1.92 as oversized letter)

Story:
- Sold a unit to some jackass US anus
- Buyer emails after I went to bed in concerns of non-received item, when I got back from work, he's already applied for dispute for non-receive on paypal.
- Items shipped Feb 5 or 6, buyer complained Feb 15 (paypal filing Feb 16)... so bitching about 10 days, and only gave me 1 night-next morning work day before he filed paypal dispute from emailing his concern.

Result:
- I just basically gave him a full refund as I wasn't hurting for the $$$
- Responded to his email and explained the nature of postal and travel time, the mail needs to get thawed out from our igloo homes once it gets to the Canadian post office, then it travels to US customs where the parcels gets taxed; items such as playboy, elicit drugs, weapons or anything worth resellable values will be stolen, I mean confiscated by US customs officers (which will be later listed on Ebay)... and anything without real values will past through to the US postal service... from then, his parcel will be directed to the mail processing plant closest to his trailer park... then pending on mental state of mind, his local postal worker will deliver his item.

Question:
- In regards to stupid paypal, what are the ways to combat these stay at home basement star-trek fans from prematurely filing a non-receive item complaint?
- Seeing that Canada Post doesn't offer much in terms of tracking number in the cheaper service lines (the next line of postage would be $21.50, lol, for a $12 auction)
- In that paypal dispute system (where the seller has to prove that whole tracking number bullshit)... does anyone know if that applies to refunds on shipping fees?
- Such as listing the auction at $0.01 (most likely end at 0.01), but the shipping charges listed will be $12 (so if they're complaining, they'll only get $0.01 and not the $12 shipping; or does pay-in-the-ass-pal make you refund everything?)

Thanks.

Kobe
02-17-2008, 02:41 AM
Dont they have to wait like 30days? or something before fileing one

badatusrnames
02-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Yeah I think they have to wait 30 days until filing a dispute. But I've found most US buyer to be impatient assholes. They win an item on a Saturday and expect it to arrive Sunday morning, even though regular mail won't move on weekends. They also don't seem to understand that there is a border between our two countries and customs sometimes holds things up.

I had someone accuse me of stealing from them and threatening to sue me because their $6.00 Xbox game didn't show up within 3 days.

Canadians and Europeans are for the most part easy to deal with as they understand that I cannot personally charter a plane in order to deliver their order withing 24 hours, Americans on the other hand, do not.

infected
02-17-2008, 03:11 AM
It's strange he filed the complaint so soon because when I tried to open a dispute with paypal/ebay/credit card I was told to wait 30 days MINIMUM.
As for s&h refund, it depends on the terms stated in the original auction. If you clearly stated s&h to be non-refundable then there is nothing they can do about it.
I guess the best thing to do now would be to scan the receipt from CanadaPost as proof you actually shipped the item and see where it goes from there. I'm sure if they see you've actually made an effort to prove yourself honest then the case could be in your favor.
Perhaps you SHOULD list whatever you're selling for $0.01 next time? :D