PDA

View Full Version : HID question

da9integ
02-17-2008, 02:22 PM
does anyone know if 8000K hids are legal? and if not whats the limit you can use?

infected
02-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't HID's illegal on any vehicle that did not come with them from the factory?
Unless you upgrade to OEM BiXenons afterwards... :bigpimp:

dj_rice
02-17-2008, 02:32 PM
HID's in non-equipped HID cars are illegal...8000K is highly illegal....if you dont want to be pulled over by the cops all the time, go with 4300K

Kaos
02-17-2008, 03:38 PM
But a "non-oem reflective, hid housing" give you such better lighting on the road! :rolleyes:

Kloubek
02-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Why go with 8000k anyway? I have 6000k on my car, and they are too blue for my own liking.

funkedelic
02-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by da9integ
does anyone know if 8000K hids are legal? and if not whats the limit you can use?

your going to blind people, i can't stand when people do them without having the proper headlights. I had 4300k stock bulbs in my car and now im running 6000k and their perfect, 8k is intense blue

da9integ
02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
yea maybe ill go with 6000k then

buh_buh
02-17-2008, 07:47 PM
There's more usable light in 4300k than 6000k than 8000k. Please don't get hids if your putting them in a stock headlight housing. I hate seeing these cars on the road whether its behind me or going the other way.

dizzle
02-17-2008, 07:49 PM
oh well, everyone has hids now it doesnt even make a diff. i see green to purple damn.

da9integ
02-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
There's more usable light in 4300k than 6000k than 8000k. Please don't get hids if your putting them in a stock headlight housing. I hate seeing these cars on the road whether its behind me or going the other way.

no i have aftermarket headlights

Wraith
02-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by da9integ

no i have aftermarket headlights

it doesn't matter if you have aftermarket headlights, what does matter is that you have the proper projectors in those headlights that are made for HIDs

dj_rice
02-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Search for retrofit to see what above poster is talking about

rusich
02-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
HID's in non-equipped HID cars are illegal...8000K is highly illegal....if you dont want to be pulled over by the cops all the time, go with 4300K

So if I call on some asshole with HID's in halogen housing will cops wright him a ticket??

TegLover
02-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

NO, if you don't want to be pulled over by the cops all the time, go with HALOGEN BULBS.

Fusion
02-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Got pull over on 8000k HID hahahahahahahahahah

ZorroAMG
02-19-2008, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
Are your head lights going to be worth more than your car?

I cant believe all the 15 year old cars and beaters Im seeing with HID installed.

What?

I guarantee my 18yr old HID projector retro-fitted car is a much cooler car than whatever you push, Burrito boy.

Don't knock the older cars.

jdm_eg6
02-19-2008, 09:02 PM
i have had my HID's for over a year and a half now. 8000k closer to 6000k though... and i RARELY get a flash from another driver and NEVER once have i had a cop pull me over or even look at me for it.

i like how everyone began with bashing people for buying replacement bulbs coated with blue/yellow/ or light blue to mimic regular HID's and now that kids are finally buying high quality HID kits you still bash them. NOT only that many after market headlamps with so called "projector style" housings aren't even MADE for hid's (it will say right on the product) so before you go on bashing other peoples rides or decisions im sure we can pin point your crapppy little add ons on your car and ruin a whole thread with pointless crap.

... typical beyond...

EDIT: get what ever you want, it is "Illegal" to have after market bulbs on your later model vehicles but i haven't had many problems nor have others i have met.

not only that HID bulbs/kits illuminate things such as police vests, road signs, runners outfits, runners shoes, (all those styles of reflective materials) A LOT more!! and are brighter, for sharper visibility... So if anything they are safer than traditionally.

EK 2.0
02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6
i have had my HID's for over a year and a half now. 8000k closer to 6000k though... and i RARELY get a flash from another driver and NEVER once have i had a cop pull me over or even look at me for it.

i like how everyone began with bashing people for buying replacement bulbs coated with blue/yellow/ or light blue to mimic regular HID's and now that kids are finally buying high quality HID kits you still bash them. NOT only that many after market headlamps with so called "projector style" housings aren't even MADE for hid's (it will say right on the product) so before you go on bashing other peoples rides or decisions im sure we can pin point your crapppy little add ons on your car and ruin a whole thread with pointless crap.

... typical beyond...

And then you get one user who chimes in defending the OP...and ranting about how beyond has become the capital of bashdom...

...typical beyond...:rolleyes:

buh_buh
02-19-2008, 09:12 PM
just because you don't get pulled over, doesnt mean it doesnt annoy people. I see these people all the time driving beside and behind me and I think the glare is too bad for them to even notice they're annoying the shit out of people around them. Ditch your shitty HID kit yesterday.

jdm_eg6
02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
^ check the edit.. :thumbsup:

if people input random crap that has no defense or really no concrete development to the thread then why add it.. kinda like your post...

just because you don't get pulled over, doesnt mean it doesnt annoy people. I see these people all the time driving beside and behind me and I think the glare is too bad for them to even notice they're annoying the shit out of people around them. Ditch your shitty HID kit yesterday.

i agree that they can often time be too strong, but also daytime lights on a F-350 in my mirrors can be as well.. and newer model cars with their HID's... there is a reason those vehicles were engineered with those bulbs though..

engineers don't usually just say " hey HID bulbs would be worth the millions it will cost to research systems and and installations for all our new models to make em real cool and blue... and shiney.... lets do it!!!..."

TegLover
02-20-2008, 11:32 PM

i agree that they can often time be too strong, but also daytime lights on a F-350 in my mirrors can be as well.. and newer model cars with their HID's... there is a reason those vehicles were engineered with those bulbs though..

engineers don't usually just say " hey HID bulbs would be worth the millions it will cost to research systems and and installations for all our new models to make em real cool and blue... and shiney.... lets do it!!!..."

So you are admitting that your 1 and a half year old "high quality"(ROFL) 8000K hids, that look more like 6000K, are basically useless then?

They weren't engineered for your car and sure as hell no engineer would design hids for your old ass pos, i guess you're the one that thinks "hey HID bulbs...make em real cool and blue... and shiney.... lets do it!!!"

Way to contradict yourself in a matter of 11 mins from your last post numb nuts

HID kits FTMFL, there is not such thing as a high quality after market hid kit and if you buy anything over 4000K, not only are you a huge loser but you are also a ricer (yes like the ones who buy blue coated bulbs).

Go take off your hid kit promptly or end yourself please. :thumbsup:

Chester
02-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

...if you buy anything over 4000K, not only are you a huge loser but you are also a ricer (yes like the ones who buy blue coated bulbs).

Go take off your hid kit promptly or end yourself please. :thumbsup:

That would make 80% of the guys on e46fanatics (BMW forum) ricers. None of their cars look rice to me.:rolleyes:

buh_buh
02-20-2008, 11:54 PM

if people input random crap that has no defense or really no concrete development to the thread then why add it.. kinda like your post...
Because I'm trying to get you and all your ricer buddies to stop blinding me on the roads. I'm not trying to add concrete development to the thread, I'm trying to add concrete development to society.

GTS Jeff
02-21-2008, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by buh_buh
[B] Because I'm trying to get you and all your ricer buddies to stop blinding me on the roads. I'm not trying to add concrete development to the thread, I'm trying to add concrete development to society.

Yeah muthafucka, didn't you heard, buh_buh is a fucking concrete mixer, he'll go masonry on your ass...blaaaam bitch.

ZorroAMG
02-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Buh-Buh lays bricks.

And pipe.

He's the asian super mario.

buh_buh
02-21-2008, 01:09 AM
I've got the moustache to back that shit up too so Super Mario says get rid of your shitty HIDs.

ZorroAMG
02-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Its'a Meeee....MARRRRRIO!

TegLover
02-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Chester

That would make 80% of the guys on e46fanatics (BMW forum) ricers. None of their cars look rice to me.:rolleyes:

ummm yeah bud! i go on e46fanatics and i will tell off any of those guys that they are a ricer for putting those nasty ass 8000K bulbs in their rides, what waste of a car, they drive bmw's for fuck sakes not hondas. What's funny is that these are rich ricers that can actually afford more expensive shit cause you know expensive=non rice right? thats how they hide their ricer image. Well e46fanatics is also exactly the place where you will find people saying how "sick" it is to tint the windshield.

You my friend probably roll around in 8000K bulbs too and let me guess you also have your windshield tinted? :rolleyes:

Don't be pathetic! :devil:

ZorroAMG
02-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Tegloser:

STFU.

I am REALLY getting tired of your stupid, nonsensical posts.

Seriars. EFF off.

TegLover
02-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Tegloser:

STFU.

I am REALLY getting tired of your stupid, nonsensical posts.

Seriars. EFF off.

Sorry that i didn't give a name to my car, i have better things to do in my life than to name cars that already have a name and troll on beyond with useless posts that have nothing to do with the topic. Or maybe you are just mad cause you got some super blue ricey foglights haha LOSER. Go fuck yourself douchebag.:guns:

ZorroAMG
02-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Stop posting.

clem24
02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Honestly I don't really see much of an issue with HID retros as long as a.) you've done your research and b.) they don't glare, meaning you have the proper shields in place and aligned properly and c.) you recognize that your HID setup might be absolute SHIT and consider reverting back to halogen.

Most installs glare because the cheap kits don't come with proper shields. These make all the difference. Beam pattern and hot spots aside... And then there are some housings that are just not meant for HIDs. Again, research is key here. And then there's the 6000k and 8000k, whereby the color temp itself just causes glare by default because of our perception of blue light.

I've seen some really really bad installs and some really poor third party light housings.. Like this one Jetta I think in the NW driving on Crowchild one night that has an aftermarket projector (i.e. some made in China piece of shit I assume). The guy's headlights seriously illuminated about 2 feet in front of the car. It was that bad. People need to recognize when there are benefits to HIDs (i.e. installing them for the rice factor vs. actually getting better light output without glare) and when it looks like shit.

And finally, even 6000k is too blue. Ricers want the blue look (bi-product of good reflector/projector cut off designs), which does shit for lighting the road. 6000k was made because cars with 4300k bulbs tended to color shift towards blue towards the end of their life. So if one bulb went and was replaced, that bulb would be very yellow compared to the aging 4300k bulb, hence the 6000k to color match.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

garyb
02-21-2008, 07:20 PM
deep down everyone knows they love HID's in a regular housing, its :bigpimp:

:angel:

blownz
02-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Anyone here have HID brake lights?? :bigpimp: :drama:

Seriously though I would rather look at tacky blue bulbs on someones car than some of the other stupid looking spoilers/bodykits/etc people put on their cars. If the headlights look really stupid at night though I will gladly flash my highbeams at the idiot. My preference though is people stick to 6k and under and decent quality.

92_VTEC_lude
02-22-2008, 09:48 AM
I have to admit all my cars have HID in OEM housing but I take extra steps to make sure that I do not blinding anyone with my HID by adjust the head light to lower the beam and put on eye lids on all my cars, I never get any highbeam flash from the 2 years I have them HID on and I did take the cars to various trips throughout Canada and USA.
There is a dude driving a gold color Acura MDX in the SE area with an HID that really blind everyone eyes every morning, and I swear I really want to take a baseball bat to his headlight everytime he is behind or next to me on the road. If you are the drive of that gold color Acura MDX and reading this (I think you may) then do yourself and everyone a huge favor by taking off your crap ass HID in your OEM housing, it is not cool at all to blind everyone on the road....:thumbsdow
I have seen more and more CHEVY and FORD bigger full size truck sticking the HID into their OEM housing and it really blinding everyone on the road. SUV and full size trucks with HID in OEM housing really annoy the hell out of me than cars. For cars 94+ Acura Integra and Honda Civic (older model) are the worst cars that blind me every time they near me.
If you must have HID in OEM housing (I know some people can not live without HID) then aim your head light to lower position, it should take you only 5 minutes or so to do that and everyone will be happy...:thumbsup:
Warning next time one of you with that blinding piece of HID in OEM housing crap going opposite direction with me, I swear you will get blinded by my highbeam (also HID) and fog light (also HID) and see how you feel....:poosie:

Anyone here have HID brake lights??
I do not have HID in my brake light but in the summer I am going to fit a HID bulbs into my back up light just because my car is really dark tinted and I can not see jack nothing out the windows with a regular back up light or even LED backup light. I may even throw in a switch so I can turn it ON and OFF at anytime....:thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
02-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 92_VTEC_lude
I have to admit all my cars have HID in OEM housing but I take extra steps to make sure that I do not blinding anyone with my HID by adjust the head light to lower the beam and put on eye lids on all my cars, I never get any highbeam flash from the 2 years I have them HID on and I did take the cars to various trips throughout Canada and USA.[/i]

LMAO! So you point your headlights at the ground, reducing your output to less than halogens? THAT is the definition of ricer. At least the blinding people are getting use and distance out of THEIR lights. YOU have pretty blue lights that don't light shit. Eyelids?? What do you think those do on halogen housings?? Nothing.

LOL @ n00bs

92_VTEC_lude
02-22-2008, 01:36 PM
at least I take that extra steps to make sure I do not blind everyone on the road with my HID in my OEM housing, there is still plenty of light out put infront of my car with my hig beam aim about 1 inch or 2 lower and the eye lids help a lot,
do you want to see a picture for prove?
because I will take off the eye lids then aim my highbeam back up and take a before and after picture and you will see there is still plenty of light output even with the higbeam aim lower and eye lids on and then stuff those pictures IN UR FACE call you a NOOB then....:D
I would like to dissapoint you with the blue ricer light comment but none of my HID kits are higher than 5000K (4300K for all cars high beam and 5000K only for the low beam) and my HID in my OEM housing will light up plenty of shit really good as well... :rofl:
:rofl: @ people with name calling and do not know wth they are talking about.... I really hope you get blinded everyday by people with HID in OEM housing (especially big full size truck or SUV) and they do not want to do anything about it...:rofl: :rofl:

ZorroAMG
02-22-2008, 03:02 PM
It's spelled "proof"

Ridiculars.

PS YOU don't know what you are talking about since you obviously know nothing about direction and dispersion of light. Eyelids will NOT control the output of light on ghetto rigged halogen reflector housings. Ever.

92_VTEC_lude
02-22-2008, 03:53 PM
and you know it all....:rofl:
who the hell care about your theory shit, I care about what I see with my own eyes and I have put HID on all my 3 cars with highbeam aim lower and eyelids on all of them to know that I do not blind other people because I tested it out myself (sitting in a car infront of my HID headlight)... My eye lids help to cut out the freaking glare on the top part of the OEM housing which is the worst glare ever to anyone driving toward me. Every little bit help to stop the glare in your face.
I have seen worst glare than my own kick ass HID in OEM housing from cars with projectors in them (BMW, Mini, Infinity to name a few I seen) and they are suppose to be good and not to blind people.
Do you want "PROOF" that my eye lids help to cut most of the glare you bitching and bashing everyone about?
before you call people name, get yourself a first hand experience... :rofl:
maybe you should meet the guy who drive that gold color MDX in the SE area and teach him a lesson about HID theory shit.... Do not get blinded by his HID b4 you give him a lesson because I am so sure you will be blinded before you even open your mouth....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I am done with this thread.....:nut:

ZorroAMG
02-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Good, at least now that you've left this thread, you can stop perpetuating the crappy glaring HID problem in this world.

Thanks for not knowing.

Schwa
02-22-2008, 04:22 PM
This topic has been beaten to death so many times.

If you're not going to RETROFIT an OEM projector then don't "upgrade" at all. Every plug and play HID kit is crap compared to the real deal.

benyl
02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 92_VTEC_lude
and you know it all....:rofl:
who the hell care about your theory shit, I care about what I see with my own eyes and I have put HID on all my 3 cars with highbeam aim lower and eyelids on all of them to know that I do not blind other people because I tested it out myself (sitting in a car infront of my HID headlight)... My eye lids help to cut out the freaking glare on the top part of the OEM housing which is the worst glare ever to anyone driving toward me. Every little bit help to stop the glare in your face.
I have seen worst glare than my own kick ass HID in OEM housing from cars with projectors in them (BMW, Mini, Infinity to name a few I seen) and they are suppose to be good and not to blind people.
Do you want "PROOF" that my eye lids help to cut most of the glare you bitching and bashing everyone about?
before you call people name, get yourself a first hand experience... :rofl:
maybe you should meet the guy who drive that gold color MDX in the SE area and teach him a lesson about HID theory shit.... Do not get blinded by his HID b4 you give him a lesson because I am so sure you will be blinded before you even open your mouth....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I am done with this thread.....:nut:

Sorry, but you eyelids will do shit to block glare.

All shields on a reflector or projector are on the bottom of the bulb, not the top. The light coming from the lower half of your headlight is what illuminates the signs. The light from the top half is what illumiates the road.

By putting on Eye lids, you are effective reducing the amount of usable light you have with no affect of the glare to other drivers.

Simple physics really.

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/images/audiA6-fully-assemlied.jpg
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/HID-shield-turkey.jpg
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/9006-hid-lower-shield-example.jpg

Notice how the shields are all on the bottom of the bulb?

ZorroAMG
02-23-2008, 11:34 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Mebe he'll get it eventually.

dj_rice
02-23-2008, 02:54 PM
I want prove damn it, prove!

ZorroAMG
02-23-2008, 04:07 PM
proove to me, then mebe I wont think you are so ridiculars

white90
02-23-2008, 04:29 PM
lol, i love this forum, anytime someone has their own opinion about anything, they get slammed by everyone. apparently everyone should think alike:dunno:

ZorroAMG
02-23-2008, 04:47 PM
When your opinion is wrong/stupid/ricey/lame, you WILL get riddyculed.

benyl
02-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by white90
lol, i love this forum, anytime someone has their own opinion about anything, they get slammed by everyone. apparently everyone should think alike:dunno:

I didn't slam him with my opinion. I slammed him with FACT. I could care less if he thinks like me.

GTS Jeff
02-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by white90
lol, i love this forum, anytime someone has their own opinion about anything, they get slammed by everyone. apparently everyone should think alike:dunno: Since when is basic math and physics a matter of opinion?

2+2=5 IMO...:rofl:

ZorroAMG
02-24-2008, 03:21 AM
LMAO, have you lost weight Jeff, you look GOOOOOOD!

diggity
02-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Just drive around with your high beams on, it's pretty much just like HID.

ZorroAMG
02-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Nice posting the same dumbass comment in BOTH HID threads.

diggity
02-26-2008, 07:41 PM
It's not dumb, it's the truth.

I drive a semi to and from Golden, BC every day -- weather permitting -- and they're too bright.

dj_rice
02-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Nice posting the same dumbass comment in BOTH HID threads.

Originally posted by diggity
It's not dumb, it's the truth.

http://cache.bordom.net/images/f9cc829ae0b529241778cbc6134fbbcc.jpg