PDA

View Full Version : BMW rant....

ICEBERG
02-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi guy's

I was about to purchase a 535i for the wife but ran into difficulties with the pricing. By my calculation I can purchase the same car in the U.S., with the options adjusted, ensuring compliance with Canadian regulations paying all taxes etc and saving $15,000.00 Cdn. I emailed BMW and they simply told me that when our dollar was lower than the U.S. no one asked to pay higher prices so why should they now reduce them now that the dollar is at par! What an attitude. I am now wondering if this company is worth dealing with. If they could sell the cars and make a profit when our dollar was worth 70% of the U.S. dollar they must really be making a killing now !

NOW, I don’t think I will be trading in my wifes X3 for the 535i. The fact that BMW forbids US dealers from selling to Canadians while hiking Canadian prices almost 30% above that of US ought be considered as price fixing. All Canadians should boycott BMW or better still, sue BMW’s ass for illegal price fixing.

Just a weekend rant,:)

Destinova403
02-17-2008, 06:13 PM
... i hate to say it though, they have a point... everyone is complaining now because its cheaper down there... but where was everyone when it was much more expensive in the states?

TegLover
02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
So why don't you go and get one from the US and make it compliant with Canadian regulations. Don't expect to save $15K without doing any work.

ICEBERG
02-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by TegLover
So why don't you go and get one from the US and make it compliant with Canadian regulations. Don't expect to save $15K without doing any work.

If you read my thread you would know that BMW in U.S won't sell to Canadians... We are talking new not used.

max_boost
02-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Maybe they will follow all the other manufacturers and lower their prices. You never know!

Hakkola
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Maybe they will follow all the other manufacturers and lower their prices. You never know!

:rofl: Look forward to saving hundreds!

canuckcarguy
02-17-2008, 08:35 PM
If you're paying cash it's a pretty big savings going south, and you can buy a barely-used model and save the money. But if you're financing, there's not much point going to the US, since they won't finance Canadians, and the Canadian financing is way cheaper than bank financing.

sgouki
02-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Also expect to keep the vehicle. If you plan on trading it in for another vehicle in the future, it will be worth significantly less.

HondaRice
02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
i miss 1999 -2002 i would import no questions no hassels. even canadian tire was nicer back then.

i still do not understand, bmw is the only car company that they are only allowed to install the DRL module? cant you do it yourself?

cloud7
02-18-2008, 12:23 PM
I knew a long time ago that this company isn't worth my business. They do make good cars most of the time, but their attitude is just very bad. All my friends who have owned BMWs have had bad experiences with the dealer and/or BMW Canada. That's why I have overlooked BMW when I bought my car last year.

Reap
03-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
I knew a long time ago that this company isn't worth my business. They do make good cars most of the time, but their attitude is just very bad. All my friends who have owned BMWs have had bad experiences with the dealer and/or BMW Canada. That's why I have overlooked BMW when I bought my car last year.

fair enough. With the BMW's I've had, I've just taken it into a private European shop and had it looked at. Much better than the pitiful service at the stealership.

Aleks
03-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
Hi guy's

I was about to purchase a 535i for the wife but ran into difficulties with the pricing. By my calculation I can purchase the same car in the U.S., with the options adjusted, ensuring compliance with Canadian regulations paying all taxes etc and saving $15,000.00 Cdn. I emailed BMW and they simply told me that when our dollar was lower than the U.S. no one asked to pay higher prices so why should they now reduce them now that the dollar is at par! What an attitude. I am now wondering if this company is worth dealing with. If they could sell the cars and make a profit when our dollar was worth 70% of the U.S. dollar they must really be making a killing now !

NOW, I don’t think I will be trading in my wifes X3 for the 535i. The fact that BMW forbids US dealers from selling to Canadians while hiking Canadian prices almost 30% above that of US ought be considered as price fixing. All Canadians should boycott BMW or better still, sue BMW’s ass for illegal price fixing.

Just a weekend rant,:)

Didn't you just buy a new 335i from a dealer in town? Did they give you US pricing on that one?

Destinova403
03-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Didn't you just buy a new 335i from a dealer in town? Did they give you US pricing on that one?

this is an old thread... OP date is before his new car thread...

ICEBERG
03-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Yep... Even though i rant and complain about BMW's pricing in Canada i go and buy a brand new BMW 335i.... And NO, i didn't get US pricing on the 335i. The 535 was going to be for my wife. She still has the X3. Might traded in for the X5.

boxer23
03-03-2008, 02:02 AM
hey iceberg if your gonna trade in the X3, post it on beyond first for what the dealer gives you, I might be interested:D

ICEBERG
03-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by boxer23
hey iceberg if your gonna trade in the X3, post it on beyond first for what the dealer gives you, I might be interested:D

I'll send you a PM.:)

Crymson
03-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I've heard of some hilarious warantee refusals on the X5, read the owner's manual carefully.

Bimmer88
03-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeh BMW is being gay lately....

They stopped parts shipment from MD, and the parts guy there had to personally ship it for me in order to get around BMW's stupid policy. This is how uptight it is about pricing, like go to Calgary BMW, and something that may be worth $30 bucks is marked up to like 65$!!! it's ridiculous!

This shit drives me bonkers, and BMW Canada will not do anything about it! Their just trying to deterre us from buying cheaper cars.

funkedelic
03-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88
Yeh BMW is being gay lately....

They stopped parts shipment from MD, and the parts guy there had to personally ship it for me in order to get around BMW's stupid policy. This is how uptight it is about pricing, like go to Calgary BMW, and something that may be worth $30 bucks is marked up to like 65$!!! it's ridiculous!

This shit drives me bonkers, and BMW Canada will not do anything about it! Their just trying to deterre us from buying cheaper cars.

yup bmw canada is by far the gayest company i have ever had the pleasure of dealing with, they will rape you in the ass at any given chance.

rage2
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic
yup bmw canada is by far the gayest company i have ever had the pleasure of dealing with, they will rape you in the ass at any given chance.
And after they're done, GTS Jeff will call YOU gay! :rofl: