PDA

View Full Version : Beyond.ca August Photoshop Contest

nismodrifter
08-01-2003, 02:28 AM
Thanks to rage2 for providing the prize for this month's contest. Prizes are still being finalized at the moment.

The contest will run from August 1st until the end of the day on August 17th. Entries must be submitted by 11:59pm August 17th (if it really matters....this is in Mountain Time). Don’t try and make a late submission…..it won’t happen
Voting will begin on August 18th and will run until 11:59pm on August 24th.

PLEASE read the updated rules before proceeding (there are a few changes from last month’s rules):

- The picture MUST remain the same size (800x600) NO EXCEPTIONS. Simply attach the image to your post.

- Picture must be in a format which can be attached to your entry post. If you choose to upload to your own web space make sure that you have a reliable host and after uploading it is still the same quality that the original picture was. Remember that red X’s do not count as entries

- You are permitted to submit only 1 entry per contest

- You are permitted to use any graphic editing program to edit the picture (even use MS paint if you feel like it…)

- You cannot make your picture into any type of animation. This includes having individually animated parts. This is a contest to compare single images, not animations with different slides. Having animations would also slow down page loading times since they are larger in size than a .jpg file and thus take longer to load

- The stock car presented must not be altered to look identical as a stock car of another type. This is to prevent people from pasting large parts of another car (ie..complete body) on top of the original car and then saying they fit it all together themselves. Things like headlight conversions and side vents etc..are alright, just don't paste a whole car overtop of the stock car in the picture.

- Your photo shopped picture cannot include vulgar, nudity, or sexual content. Let's keep this contest about the cars... let's not make this a contest to see who can add the most BS to one pic.

- If your entry has been found to be using parts from another photo shopped car you will be immediately disqualified from the contest. This includes stealing parts from photoshopped images in the comments thread

- You cannot advertise on beyond.ca or other forums to get people to vote for your picture. If you are caught doing this you will be disqualified from the contest.

- You cannot have any writing or text on your entry image. You are however allowed to have decals or pinstripes on the vehicle. This is to prevent people from trying to hide imperfections in their entry. Personal logos of usernames are allowed and should be inserted in one confined area of the entry (preferably in the bottom right corner)

- If you have something to say about a picture or have questions about the contest PLEASE post your comments in the Photoshop Contest Comments thread ONLY.

- Do not post anything other than your picture and modification list in the entry thread, any other type of posts in this thread will be deleted.

- You can win prizes from the photoshop contests a maximum of 4 times per year.

- Administrators and Moderators CAN enter the contests

- Don't even try to cheat the voting system in anyway...you WILL be caught

- If you win a prize and live outside of the Calgary area you will be expected to account for shipping costs. If you decide not to accept the prize it will be forfeitted and given to the user in 2nd place.

- For this month’s contest YOU ARE ALLOWED to change the background....be creative with the car and the background

- VOTES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM USERS WITH 10+ POSTS

Final Interpretation of these rules will be left up to Zephyr and nismodrifter

ANY ENTRY THAT VIOLATES THESE RULES WILL BE DELETED ASAP. THE CONTESTANT WILL BE NOTIFIED IF HIS OR HER ENTRY IS REMOVED. THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ALTER THEIR ENTRY TO MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS AND RESUBMIT THE PICTURE BEFORE THE CONTEST'S END. If the entry was your only copy, we are not responsible for your loss, please keep a backup in your computer.

Judging:
A thread will be created after the contest is over. Judging will be done through voting from beyond members by posting the contestant's name once in the voting thread.

Posting Entries:
1. One entry per member!
2. Do not post more than once, and please no comment posts to avoid clustering up the thread. COMMENT AND EXTRA POSTS WILL BE DELETED. PLEASE POST IN THE COMMENT THREAD IF YOU HAVE A COMMENT TOWARDS A ENTRY.
3. Post entries in this thread.

Best of luck to all contestants:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
08-01-2003, 10:31 PM
well...we took your suggestions from last month and made this month's pic a domestic...here it is:

aussie_chopper
08-02-2003, 02:40 AM
shaved mirrors
rims
front bumper
side scoop
debadged
sparco seats:thumbsup:
converted to a tomy bit char-g!:eek:
http://www.boomspeed.com/hurt_angle/augustcontestac.jpg

MK3HKS
08-02-2003, 06:35 PM
here is my entry:

-changed colour (some kind of nice orange!)
-enlarged gold rims
-fog lights on
-smaller windshield
-shaved mirrors
-cyan headlights
-enlarged bumber/sideskirts
-beyond decal on windshield
-headlight eyelids
-black grill/hoodscoop
- sun shining on the back on top of wheel:D
-1st gen viper headlights:eek:

hope you all like it:thumbsup:

[GaGe]
08-03-2003, 02:00 AM
AMG Bumper
CLK grill
Changed color
Larger wheels
Ferrari Testarossa side intake
Cleared signal lights
AMG Side Skirts
Side mirror signal lights
Fog lights on
Head lights on

hyperwhite
08-04-2003, 01:29 PM
:clap: Heres mine :clap:
DON'T COPY

Illusionsir
08-05-2003, 04:57 AM
Heres my Junk....

Figured i would just keep it plain and simple.

Ryoslide
08-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Well heres all I could do with the background.......I realy didn't want to change the background.....I feel it takes away from the car but Akira just had the right colors in it for my chop.

Dave P
08-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Here is just a rough copy

air_mikey
08-09-2003, 02:09 AM
:thumbsup:

88CRX
08-12-2003, 03:52 PM
first chop ever :D

s2k front end
intercooler
lights & fogs on
rag top
yellow wheels
wing
window tint
lowered

... more to come

962 kid
08-12-2003, 04:54 PM
i think that's about it

-BBS rims
-lowered
-tinted windshield
-blacked out headlights
-yellow fog lights
-altered scoop
-white scoop
-hood pins
-competition coupe sticker
-carbon fibre sideskirt
-carbon fibre front lip
-tow hook
-hoosier decals
-viper decals
-new exhaust
-high performance rubber

TurboCarrera
08-13-2003, 05:06 PM
First chop on beyond, lots done.

viper kid
08-14-2003, 12:42 AM
heres mine :guns: :devil:

nismodrifter
08-17-2003, 11:57 PM
This is Serb's Entry !!!

nismodrifter
08-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Here it is...done in just under 2 hours

Modifications include:
- previous generation viper front end
- mazda 6 headlights
- gts-r roof
- gts-r spoiler
- sideskirts off some car (i forget what car it was)
- competition coupe hood pins
- comp. coupe front fender splitter
- comp. coupe windshield banner
- comp. coupe front lip supports
- carbon fiber lip off some bmw
- comp. coupe wheels
- comp. coupe exhaust
- shaved viper emblem
- shaved door handles

shit load more but I can't remember

Enjoy :thumbsup:

nismodrifter
08-18-2003, 12:06 AM
The entry deadline has now come

Good to see some new comers entering the contest:thumbsup:
Not good to see some usual contestants didn't enter this month (you lazy bums..:D)

Voting will be up sometime later tonight

Best of luck to all contestants :thumbsup:

nismodrifter
08-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Congratulations to to the winner (me :D) for taking 1st place in the Beyond.ca August Photoshop Competition

1st place for the month of August went to nismodrifter who recieved 17 votes

2nd place for the month of August went to Dave P who recieved 12 votes

3rd place for the month of August WAS A TIE between IllusionSIR and [Gage] who both recieved 7 votes