PDA

View Full Version : New Ford Falcons

tentacles
02-18-2008, 09:55 AM
New Falcon (http://jalopnik.com/357579/2008-ford-fg-falcons-are-here-holden-to-your-seats)

New FPV Falcon (http://jalopnik.com/357593/fpv-announces-next-generation-of-hoontasitc-falcons)

97'Scort
02-18-2008, 11:42 AM
People wonder why Ford and GM are having better sales overseas than domestically. It's because overseas, they HAVE BETTER CARS FOR SALE. GM took a step in the right direction bringing the Astra over and not changing it, but Ford missed the boat by not bringing over the Euro Focus.

I think people would buy the Falcon. Loads of horsepower, clean lines.

Destinova403
02-18-2008, 12:50 PM
ford... if you are listening... BRING THIS TO NORTH AMERICA!

they even did the engines right, v6 turbos...

Xtrema
02-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Aussie love their El Camino

Eleanor
02-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

:werd: x2

Soren1989
02-18-2008, 11:17 PM
maaan now they gotta make another mad max
that would be illlllll

blownz
02-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
People wonder why Ford and GM are having better sales overseas than domestically. It's because overseas, they HAVE BETTER CARS FOR SALE. GM took a step in the right direction bringing the Astra over and not changing it, but Ford missed the boat by not bringing over the Euro Focus.

I totally agree. I don't know why they think Americans still like boring cars.

b_t
02-19-2008, 10:28 AM
I would so rock one of these... a sporty car with enough room to haul all my gear! Fuck yes!

jdm_eg6
02-21-2008, 08:53 PM
i have been wondering why they dont bring the falcon here since they began making it. such a nice car... im kind of ashamed to say i like that ford...

boxer23
02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

They cant really bring over cars because since the Falcons are made in aussieland lol. it would be way to expensive considering the weak US dollar. Another reason is probably because they are way too entrenched into contracts with unions, so if GM started bring all their cars into North America, they would be breaching contract.

jsn
02-21-2008, 09:07 PM
the Ford Falcon XRS is actually pretty nice. Never thought I'd say this about a ford...

treg50
02-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Okay that FPV version looks frigging hot. :eek:

"the new round of models will include tuned versions of the I6 turbo and a V8, which is probably the Boss 5.4-liter V8." Sweet.

ryanallan
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403
they even did the engines right, v6 turbos...

at least the engines (biturbo V6) are here, but in Lincolns . . .

i really hope the Pontiac G8 sells well so we can have more ausi / euro cars .

blownz
02-25-2008, 05:03 PM
^ unfortunately with the 35mpg cafe rules we probably won't get many of the cars from Austrailia. GM has already said the G8 may not be in the Pontiac lineup for long. :thumbsdow

tentacles
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
at least the engines (biturbo V6) are here, but in Lincolns . . .

Falcons use a single turbo iron block I6.

dezinr
02-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm going to Oz in a week hope to get a chance to see some of the new models at the dealerships. I remember the the first time I heard a Falcon rip by us in Perth. Heard it coming and thought it was a tuned Stang.....then I see this family car tear by.

+1 for Ford and Holden Australia!!!!

finboy
02-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6
i have been wondering why they dont bring the falcon here since they began making it. such a nice car... im kind of ashamed to say i like that ford...

good cars are good cars, regardless of the badge on the front, don't be a ricer :thumbsdow

ryanallan
02-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by blownz
^ unfortunately with the 35mpg cafe rules we probably won't get many of the cars from Austrailia. GM has already said the G8 may not be in the Pontiac lineup for long. :thumbsdow

hopefully not. if GM can sell lots of Volts, and small efficient econo boxes, then it leaves room for cars like the G8 playing through the ethanol / flex-fuel loop hole.

Originally posted by tentacles
Falcons use a single turbo iron block I6.

ahh. I think the new biturbo direct injection V6 Ford has is a better engine anywase.