PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever seen this?

Graham_A_M
02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp?gclid=CMvI6srrzpECFQEpgwodY3d7Rw

I'm not a vegetarian myself, but this sure kicked at my heart.:eek:
Some of the footage really angered me to say the least

discuss....

JDM¦FC
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I have seen many videos of this sort before, and they are absolutley
appauling. I almost want to throw up at how they treat the chickens
let alone how they treat the cows who to me, seem like they can express emotion, which makes the situation much more sad.
I will not turn vegetarian because of these videos, because i know
we are too far gone in animal-food production industry, that not a single thing in the world could stop it.
Though i am very disgusted with the unruly treatment of these animals
there is nothing we as such a small dent vs the large production industry can do, to counteract what is wrong

bbcustoms
02-18-2008, 05:30 PM
That was quite the vid
And some people like to call me a monster because I hunt
Ill say one thing. The way I kill my animals is way more humane than that

inline6turbo
02-18-2008, 05:37 PM
^^ that's exactly how I feel. As appauling and gutwrenching those videos are, there's absolutely nothing we can do. With hundreds of millions of people to feed, this industry will forever haunt us. Going vegetarian will do nothing. It will not stop the slaughter. The only thing to fight for is making it more humane.

Graham_A_M
02-18-2008, 05:53 PM
^ True. but lets just say that half the people out there went vegan... or even a quarter. Dont you think a 25-50% loss WOULDN'T make a big difference? I'm not saying that in itself would change these practices (of course it wouldn't, it would only downsize their operations) but at least in would be in the manner of making a stand.

Thaco
02-18-2008, 05:55 PM
yeah, I'm sure anybody who sees those videos would be disgusted, but I'm certain that only represents a small percentage of the facilities out there.

inline6turbo
02-18-2008, 06:05 PM
^^ In a different world where seeing a 20% vegetarian rate is feasible, I would fight for that. But that will never happen! PETA has been around for ages and the veagan rate has not changed, only a miniscule amount of people are veagan, and with our population increasing, it's completely unnoticeable. Never, even if every person on the planet was shown these practices, would a 25-50% vegetarian rate be seen. Just think of the videos of foxes and raccoons being skinned alive! Yet people STILL buy fur coats, fur lined gloves, fur lined boots. As much as it hurts, it is life. And we can only fight for their humane deaths. No animal (including humans) should have to suffer these fates.

I understand what you're saying, where IF by some act of God, did the general populus become vegetarian, that yes, these acts would decrease, as the demand for meat would diminish. But as it stands, we can't argue "what ifs"

mikestang
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
thats fucked... but its also propoganda just like anything else... made to seem the worst it possibly can.

ill never stop eating meat, even though that is extremely harsh....

i like the part where he claims being vegan will help our health.. ha.

inline6turbo
02-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
yeah, I'm sure anybody who sees those videos would be disgusted, but I'm certain that only represents a small percentage of the facilities out there.

That's very true. TLC did a show not to long ago on US dairy farms where the cows are treated amazingly well. Sanitized suction cups, baths after every milking, free roaming, the cows actually CHOOSE when they want to be milked, as the utters get filled with milk it becomes uncomfortable and therefore they enjoy being milked! It actually improves the quality of the milk. And more and more farmers will move to these practices. They also did a show on the chickens aspect as well and the new facilities are fantastic. I believe in change on the industries part is far more feasible and responsible then refusing to eat meat.
It's like the petition to not buy gas on some chosen day would lower gas prices? Yea right...

Graham_A_M
02-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by mikestang
i like the part where he claims being vegan will help our health.. ha.
In certain ways it can. When you eat certain foods, the way the body digests it can really have a big impact. When you eat Pork, it turns very acidic. Acids break down the cells, being all of them, that may be why you (might) feel more irritable after a can of coke (acidic).
After a meal of pork (as in pork chops), I feel much more tired then I do if I had a supper/lunch of Chicken or fish.
A study over a number of years ago revealed that if the acidic components are removed from a cells environment early on; it can live indefinately. They were able to take a cell from its normal lifespan of (what was it 30 days) to excell to a lifespan of 30 years by removing the toxins as quickly as absolutely possible. Thats damn incredible. I've been quite a health nut ever since. Some of the best foods that neutralize the blood acidity are cucumbers, radishes and alpalpha sprouts. (amoung a few). Eat a whole cucumber and see how you feel.... honestly try it once.
I dont know about you; but I felt so refreshed and engergized after words, it was incredible.
:dunno:

I just removed Beef & pork (and almost all chicken) from my diet, and I've (not a word of a lie) have never felt so good. :thumbsup:

lint
02-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

In certain ways it can. When you eat certain foods, the way the body digests it can really have a big impact. When you eat Pork, it turns very acidic. Acids break down the cells, being all of them, that may be why you (might) feel more irritable after a can of coke (acidic).

You realize that stomach acid itself has a pH of 1-2? A can of coke is irritable because of the release of dissolved gas, really has nothing to do with it being acidic.

mikestang
02-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

After a meal of pork (as in pork chops), I feel much more tired then I do if I had a supper/lunch of Chicken or fish.
A study over a number of years ago revealed that if the acidic components are removed from a cells environment early on; it can live indefinately. They were able to take a cell from its normal lifespan of (what was it 30 days) to excell to a lifespan of 30 years by removing the toxins as quickly as absolutely possible. Thats damn incredible. I've been quite a health nut ever since. Some of the best foods that neutralize the blood acidity are cucumbers, radishes and alpalpha sprouts. (amoung a few). Eat a whole cucumber and see how you feel.... honestly try it once.
I dont know about you; but I felt so refreshed and engergized after words, it was incredible.
:dunno:

I just removed Beef & pork (and almost all chicken) from my diet, and I've (not a word of a lie) have never felt so good. :thumbsup:

unless you do things right, you can easily become mal-nourished and lose alot of strength from the lack of nutrients requiest to maintain and grow muscles... you ever see a strong vegan?

it just has to do with the point of being malnourished and essentially being weaker - you may feel good, but you body itself will be weaker (if you dont properly supplement yourself and fill in the void)

KRyn
02-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I am hungry for a steak now.

TegLover
02-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
I am hungry for a steak now.

i had steak for dinner haha

Clark-Kent
02-19-2008, 12:37 AM
i dont get how people can be so rude to do that to inocent animals to torture them like that:thumbsdow

Herb
03-15-2008, 07:05 PM
This One Is Better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvPtyh-sDQ

Forcefed
03-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Fuck this, I eat chicken tastes umm ummm good. I dont see it w/e....its ignorant....but thats life:dunno:

sibb
03-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Why do people keep watching these vids? There all the same explicit/sick shit all the time, and its not like all slaughter mills are like this, this vid is pretty biast