PDA

View Full Version : Honda Code Reader

Ashers
02-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Hey there Beyond!

I was bored tonight, and I quickly whipped together this little application in REALBasic. It displays the cause of a 88-91 Civic or CRX error code (the one that blinks out in the ECM). Covers some accord, prelude, and integra codes. Its a little rough, but it only took 15 minutes. Thought I'd give back to the community. If people like it, I may add-on other codes for integra, prelude and accord.

Its also built as a 3 in 1 download, works on os x, windows, and linux with gtk2.2 or higher.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EO4ADPB7

Thanks,
Ashley

eur0
02-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Pretty neat, I threw it up on my server if you don't like waiting for the countdown. If you want me to remove it Ashers just let me know.

I can see something like this being handy, especially if you do some more vehicles (I think you should!).

http://leighmcd.com/upload/2008/beyond/hondacode.zip

adam c
02-19-2008, 09:27 AM
safety pin has always worked for me

4lti7ude
03-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Can someone tell me how this thing works?
Lol kinda new to this thing.
I Got a engine light on but no idea what it is.

Ashers
03-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Pull back the passenger carpet footwell area of your CRX. There will be a metal plate there. The plate will have a hole in it. Turn the ignition on and count the flashes. There are long and short pauses. So a code 8, 12, and 16 would look like this.

--------(long pause) - (short pause) -- (long pause) - (short) ------

They repeat once it gets to the end of the codes.

Ashley

4lti7ude
03-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Ashers
Pull back the passenger carpet footwell area of your CRX. There will be a metal plate there. The plate will have a hole in it. Turn the ignition on and count the flashes. There are long and short pauses. So a code 8, 12, and 16 would look like this.

--------(long pause) - (short pause) -- (long pause) - (short) ------

They repeat once it gets to the end of the codes.

Ashley

And then do i put that in the program i just got from this thread? :D