PDA

View Full Version : Should Canada Recognize Independence of Kosovo?

Konj
02-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Canada has not announced it's decision. Is Canada in the same position as Serbia with Quebec?

Canmorite
02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Kosovo is a province within Serbia, and all the other Serbs are pretty damn angry. I've seen talk about cutting off supplies and water to Kosovo.

Why does Canada have to say anything on the matter?

Kloubek
02-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Because we have to take a political stance. It's standard practice for countries to either have diplomatic relations, or not.

Personally, as much as it might upset Canadian Serbs, we have always been open to countries which detach from their original country. I don't think this case is any different.

Xtrema
02-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Why does Canada have to say anything on the matter?

UN will probably have to take a stance, so will Canada.

If Canada recognize it, Quebec will use it for its independence.

If Canada don't recognize it, it will seem to side with russkies.

Tough position to be in.

A790
02-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Tough position to be in.
Good for Quebec. It will be a long, hard road for them. But, at the very least, it will make getting a western-focused government in power that much easier.

Konj
02-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Tough position to be in.

Correct. if Canada doesn't recognize it how will this affect the relationship between US and Canada? Canada will be on the side with Russia and China.

kertejud2
02-19-2008, 12:43 PM
No we shouldn't recognize it, we shouldn't do anything if we can help it.

Quebec is a non-issue. If Quebec is to seperate it is to be from a referendum not from a legislative vote. Considering the results of the last two and the fact that they're going to have to ask a question with a real yes or no answer, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

The issue is the fact that a region cannot unilaterally secede. It could be a dangerous precident to allow Kosovo to gain full independence like this. If the EU and even the US wants to recognize them as a way of entering a proper political process for the independence of Kosovo they are welcome to, but I'd rather we stay away from this issue entirely.

Toma
02-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Of course they shouldn't. Kosovo has always been Serb.

When my parents were there, every month a chunk was deducted off their paychecks for development of Kosovo.

Albania is and was one of the worst, backwards ass, drug smuggling, poor, slime ball countries in Europe. We welcomed refugees from there into Kosovo, funded them, built schools, roads, hospitals.... And now they want it for themselves?

Go the fuck home then!

The whole break up of Yugoslavia was engineered by the west. What saddens me the most is 50% of th people over there are too fucking stupid and greedy to see it.... and perhaps even welcome it.

Tough one for sure.

But no one has ANY right to dictate what is and what isn't. It is a internal matter, and the US bombing was criminal to begin with and cause of this.

If I was President, the UN troops would get notice that they are being replaced with Russian and Serbian troops. The KLA or whatever those slime call themselves today would be disarmed and either jailed (including their current president) or deported.

ICEBERG
02-19-2008, 12:47 PM
hey Toma, why do i see lot of Turkish Flags waving in Kosovo ;) Damn turks. Never liked those serbs...:D ;)

Toma
02-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
hey Toma, why do i see lot of Turkish Flags waving in Kosovo ;) Damn turks. Never liked those serbs...:D ;)
It's funny.... you guys have a similar problem with the Kurds.... yet you can bomb em, burn them, arrest them, and the US helps lol....

We do it, and they bomb us lol

ICEBERG
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Toma

:D :D :rofl: :rofl:

kertejud2
02-19-2008, 12:52 PM
What I find interesting Toma is that several of the EU countries that support this unilateral seperation are nations with their own shaky regions (Northern Ireland in the UK, the Basques in France and Spain for example).

A790
02-19-2008, 12:52 PM

It's funny.... you guys have a similar problem with the Kurds.... yet you can bomb em, burn them, arrest them, and the US helps lol....

Edited.

Konj
02-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2
What I find interesting Toma is that several of the EU countries that support this unilateral seperation are nations with their own shaky regions (Northern Ireland in the UK, the Basques in France and Spain for example).

Me too. Turkey is supporting independence of Kosovo, but at the same time they are killing kurds for trying to establish there own state on Turkish and Iraqi territory. Like Arkan once said, when they are in favor of the American government they are considered Liberals, when they are against the American will they consider them as terrorists. For example KLA are considered Liberals to Americans but terrorists to Serbs. At the same time America considers kurds as terrorists because they are trying to create there own state within Turkey which is an American ally.

Aleks
02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Canada should NOT recognize Kosovo, they will though and no one will care.

This, I believe will send a msg to ethnic Albanians that they can take away land from Macedonia and Montenegro next and I doubt there could be much either country could do to stop it.

01RedDX
02-19-2008, 01:30 PM

DNSRadio
02-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Canada & The World Doesnt Recognize Khalistan as an Independent State, why should Kosovo be any different?

Konj
02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DNSRadio
Canada & The World Doesnt Recognize Khalistan as an Independent State, why should Kosovo be any different?

Because America and it's ally's dont have any interest in Khalistan. The Balkans are a hot spot right now and once again the world is going to be divided because of the Balkans. American's need presents in the Balkans because of the oil in middle east and what is happening in Afghanistan, Iraq, Isreal/Palestine. This is what the American's did after they bombed Serbia: http://canadawatch.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=608&Itemid=58
Another reason why the American's are supporting Independence of Kosovo is because Serbia signed a treaty with Russia to setup a pipeline going from Russia through black sea into the balkans.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44365000/gif/_44365946_nabucco_pipe416x220.gif

DNSRadio
02-19-2008, 01:43 PM
ahhh...
good old oil
the driving force of the world.

Originally posted by Konj

Because America and it's ally's dont have any interest in Khalistan. The Balkans are a hot spot right now and once again the world is going to be divided because of the Balkans. American's need presents in the Balkans because of the oil in middle east and what is happening in Afghanistan, Iraq, Isreal/Palestine. This is what the American's did after they bombed Serbia: http://canadawatch.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=608&Itemid=58
Another reason why the American's are supporting Independence of Kosovo is because Serbia signed a treaty with Russia to setup a pipeline going from Russia through black sea into the balkans.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44365000/gif/_44365946_nabucco_pipe416x220.gif

finboy
02-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by DNSRadio
ahhh...
good old oil
the driving force of the world.

:thumbsup:

ICEBERG
02-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Instability already started....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7252874.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7252512.stm

honda/teg
02-19-2008, 02:38 PM
noone should recognize kosovos independance it was always serbian and it was built by the serbs and if they do recognize no good will come from this besides another huge war

euro_racer
02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
what i love the most is in a BBC broadcast they show young adult albanian people speaking in english (clearly educated students) thanking the UN and USA. and then on the other side there is an old serbian village man angry that he may lose his home and is talking about fighting....hmmm i wonder what they are trying to make people see, serbs bad people?

propaganda at it's best :thumbsup:

97'Scort
02-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't think it's fair to compare Kosovo and Serbia to Canada and Quebec. Our history with seperatist militants starts and ends with the PLQ. We're not some war-torn region of the world. You could compare it with the Spanish and the Basque conflict if you wish. Canada recognizing Kosovo can't realistically be used in a Quebec independence debate.

The US has recognized Kosovo so this is a moot point now. If Serbia invades Kosovo, the international community will react with force, military or economic, even if it's just the Americans.

I'm not in a position to comment on whether Kosovo should have seperated, but they have and we'll just have to see how it turns out.

Toma
02-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by honda/teg
noone should recognize kosovos independance it was always serbian and it was built by the serbs and if they do recognize no good will come from this besides another huge war

I was hoping it would not come to war, but the west has their own agenda and is clearly pushing for war.... nothing else explains their criminal actions since 1990, and '99 in that specific region...

The US could not beat the Serbs in 99 when they stood alone.... scary to think what might happen today with Russia's support.

honda/teg
02-19-2008, 05:58 PM

I was hoping it would not come to war, but the west has their own agenda and is clearly pushing for war.... nothing else explains their criminal actions since 1990, and '99 in that specific region...

The US could not beat the Serbs in 99 when they stood alone.... scary to think what might happen today with Russia's support.

i hope the us burns in hell and after all this time they have been sticking their noses in other peoples buisness and trying to control other countiries their day will come when they fall and it might be soon with the help of the russians and china on our serbian side we should just fuk shite up , they just keep pusing us serbs and pusing but this time we need to stand up for our selfs and fuk them back ,fuking american cocksucers, example for the fellow beyonders would u let someone take your car and give it to someone else for no reason

G-ZUS
02-19-2008, 06:11 PM
fuking american cocksucers, example for the fellow beyonders would u let someone take your car and give it to someone else for no reason

:werd::werd:

mark4091
02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I actually agree with toma on this one. Canada should not recognize Kosovo, it's illegal.

97'Scort
02-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by mark4091
I actually agree with toma on this one. Canada should not recognize Kosovo, it's illegal.

I'm curious now :) Do you mean it is against Canadian law to acknowledge them, or that they broke some international law by declaring independence? I'm not up on my laws enough to know.

Daan
02-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Quebec should separate if Canada recognizes Kosovo. Reasons are socio-economical and cultural, and some of those reasons are listed below:

2 million people on Kosovo ... 90% (majority) Albanian

God knows how many frenchies with a bad english accent in Quebec - they are the majority. same scenario.

Great Britain / Northern Ireland ... majority Irish, I do not see England leaving occupied territory

Belgium / flemmish people (people of dutch speaking origin - majority in northern part) - separation based on same scenario

Spain with the bascs occupated lands (since Middle Ages - still bascs are the majority) - same scenario.

France - enclaves of Algerians / Moroccans being the majority all over France - would they follow same examples ?

Germany - towns overrun by Turks, would they do the same ?

Now RUSSIA and China. I would go on, but most cannot even point them on the map and I would be wasting my breath.

Daan
02-20-2008, 01:27 AM
your comments are as ignorant as those of any americans unfortunately. I still repsect you though, due to the fact that my country has been an ally of yours for generations and we did not recognize Kosovo as a state ... and I will overlook it.

the "cocksuckers" you so vehemently hate are the ones who buy 80-90% of our exports. the same "cocksuckers" are whether we like it or not our biggest trade partners; they exercises their military influence over Canada cause ... they are our Southern bully

So, my point restated is : US is beneficial to Canada due to trade and defense programs. US is NOT beneficial to the rest of the world due to the fact that it plays a dangerous game of external politics. A mediator needs to be respected to be listened, not feared.

i hope the us burns in hell and after all this time they have been sticking their noses in other peoples buisness and trying to control other countiries their day will come when they fall and it might be [...]

mark4091
02-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

I'm curious now :) Do you mean it is against Canadian law to acknowledge them, or that they broke some international law by declaring independence? I'm not up on my laws enough to know.

Maybe I jumped the gun a bit when I said that, but the way I see it, how out of nowhere they declared independence from the rest of the country that owns the land seems that way to me. I think Serbia has every right to go to war with them and get the land back.

kertejud2
02-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

Its illegal internationally. A region cannot unilaterally secede. Canada's law on the matter merely states that if a significant majority (not specified) votes in favor of separation would open up talks, but this doesn't apply internationally.

Toma
02-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Boy oh boy....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7256158.stm

BigMass
02-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Of course they shouldn't. Kosovo has always been Serb.

When my parents were there, every month a chunk was deducted off their paychecks for development of Kosovo.

Albania is and was one of the worst, backwards ass, drug smuggling, poor, slime ball countries in Europe. We welcomed refugees from there into Kosovo, funded them, built schools, roads, hospitals.... And now they want it for themselves?

Go the fuck home then!

The whole break up of Yugoslavia was engineered by the west. What saddens me the most is 50% of th people over there are too fucking stupid and greedy to see it.... and perhaps even welcome it.

Tough one for sure.

But no one has ANY right to dictate what is and what isn't. It is a internal matter, and the US bombing was criminal to begin with and cause of this.

If I was President, the UN troops would get notice that they are being replaced with Russian and Serbian troops. The KLA or whatever those slime call themselves today would be disarmed and either jailed (including their current president) or deported.

wow, someone with a brain in here on the matter. It's like all the illegal Mexicans in the US wanting to tear off a chunk of California for themselves. The US wouldn’t like it would they? Then why would they support a group of non-Serbian Albanians to take a chunk of Serbia? Oh wait, because they've been orchestrating all of this since the 90s with Clinton. The US made up bullshit about the Albanian "genocide" and then sat on the sidelines after they left while the Albanians committed genocide against the Serbs.

The US is so funny and hypocritical bullshitting about "Muslim extremism” while at the same time supporting Muslim mafia taking over part of Serbia. Oh wait, lets not forget about the Trans Balkan oil pipeline deal US has already made with Albania and these mafia thugs.

And no, if anything Canada should renounce what is currently going on in Serbia and renounce US and British involvement in the region. But of course they wont because Canada is a lap dog of the US and Britain.

I wish the Serbians luck in their revolt.

01RedDX
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM

honda/teg
02-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Serbs can thank criminals like Milosevic and Arkan the Terrorist for bringing this on themselves. Even Serbs from other parts of Yugoslavia don't like to identify themselves as Serbs. Ironic that out of a fight for a 'Greater Serbia' we see what is happening now, an ever shrinking country breaking up region by region. Even Serbia doesn't want to be a part of Serbia anymore. Watch as Belgrade becomes a city-state.

u are the bigest fukin idiot that has no knowledge ever to post anything in here , serbs are proud of what they are and they are not and never will be ashamed of what they are

Toma
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM

u are the bigest fukin idiot that has no knowledge ever to post anything in here , serbs are proud of what they are and they are not and never will be ashamed of what they are
Don't worry about 01redRX.... just a dumb ass. Guys like Milo and Arkan, though not ideal, are worlds better then the US government that CAUSED EVERYTHING that happened in Yugoslavia.

Any Serb KNOWS this. Any intelligent human that followed the conflict KNOWS this. Any Serb that is "ashamed" is a corrupt stupid dumb ass.

They couldn't even find Milo guilty after YEARS, so they had to kill the bastard instead.

honda/teg
02-21-2008, 09:00 PM

Don't worry about 01redRX.... just a dumb ass. Guys like Milo and Arkan, though not ideal, are worlds better then the US government that CAUSED EVERYTHING that happened in Yugoslavia.

Any Serb KNOWS this. Any intelligent human that followed the conflict KNOWS this. Any Serb that is "ashamed" is a corrupt stupid dumb ass.

They couldn't even find Milo guilty after YEARS, so they had to kill the bastard instead.

so true they killed him to keep the truth out and they killed another one of our genrals in hauge to keep the serbs from telling the truth , and they said they overdossed on meds by accident in a max security prison "year right" the US is at fault for everything not just us the middle east too but the middle east fought back and showed them they cant fuk with them.even though i am not a big fan of middle east i give them respect for fighting back those US bitches who call the self soldiers , and thanks TOMA us serbs gotta stick together no matter what

honda/teg
02-21-2008, 09:03 PM
toma check this out http://video.aol.com/video-detail/oj-kosovo-srpska-pesma/484005208

01RedDX
02-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Konj
02-21-2008, 09:17 PM
As a Serb I am proud of Arkan. Not proud on what he did during the war, looting houses, supporting greater Serbia, but proud the fact that he stood up to America and brought sovereignty, identity, and pride to the Serbian people. The west sees him as an evil warlord we see him as a hero. If Arkan was still alive today Kosovo would still be part of Serbia.. It's ironic to me how America is fighting "War on terrorism" but at the same time is supporting Independence of Kosovo. The government is organized and ran by KLA( a terrorist group organization who's income comes from drugs, prostitution, and money laundering ) which was trained by AL-QAEDA them selves. If anything I build up more hatred towards American's rather then Albanians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M5ELxedHnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGNPj-PGMa0&feature=related

01RedDX
02-21-2008, 09:38 PM

TheOneAndOnly
02-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Hell yes Canada shoudl recognize this. The right to self determination is the right of every man.

And of the Kosovians deemed that to exist, or even to make more product of their unique cultural identity they must become autonomous then be it.

dimi
02-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Every time I read about this Kosovo issue, I get angry.

I can't believe that the US would support a KLA muslim terrorist who traffics drugs, weapons, pillages, rapes and has been involved in genocide. I watched the CNN propaganda machine at work today portraying Serbs as savages for attacking the US embassy...How the fuck would you feel if someone stole a piece of your heart and soul-your country.

And then we have those in Kosovo, or how do they call it KOSOVA, who are calling for a "Greater Albania." I think a member got it bang on by calling them the most backwards fucked up nation in Europe. I'm not a Serb, but I do feel for them as these new US presidential candidates seem to be more fucked up than ever.

Toms-SC
02-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Cliff notes on the past 10 years of this .... revolution? :dunno: I'm out of the loop.