PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?..

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
So I kind of need some advice...
Last semester I would workout every lunch and/or on my spare.
I would go on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes everyday, and depending on the day I work on either my legs or my arms. Light weights..more reps.
I was watching what I was eating.
and I was gaining weight. :banghead:

I have gym this semester and when were in the fitness center I definately go full out. I do cardio for about half the class to get my heart up and then I work on my legs or arms. And then I stretch for about the last 10 minutes of class. [I sometimes do yoga or pilates]

I weigh 151 and I`m attempting to get to 136
[clearly i`m a female]

any ideas...

JRSC00LUDE
02-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by eur0.doll.
I weigh 151 and I`m attempting to get to 136
[clearly i`m a female]

any ideas...

Don't get all caught up with weight, worry about body fat % and staying fit. They really aren't that closely related. Besides, a fit girl at 150 will always be hotter than a fat one at 136.

EDIT - Guys like kerry, darkane and jaymez seem to know a LOT about workouts/fitness/diet/nutrition etc. I'm sure they'll chime in. Better yet, just look for threads they have made.

Kona9
02-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Besides, a fit girl at 150 will always be hotter than a fat one at 136.

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

PS: Ignore half the shit you are about to read. Unless for once in Beyonds History the douche pile doesn't break itself down and come and post in this thread.

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Hhahah.
I`m fit in some places..but I really want to tone up more..
And it just doesnt seem to be working.:dunno:

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah I`m definately ready for some of the replies that will be posted.

/puts flame suit on.
:(

JRSC00LUDE
02-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
PS: Ignore half the shit you are about to read. Unless for once in Beyonds History the douche pile doesn't break itself down and come and post in this thread.

Too late, I already did! :rofl:

But seriously, to the OP again, talk to someone in the know about proven workout plans and nutrition and I'm sure with discipline and a years time you'll see the results that you wanted and likely more. How old are you?

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Haha.
Alright. Thank-you!

Kloubek
02-19-2008, 12:48 PM
I agree with JRS. It's common to gain weight after working out, as you are building muscle. Who cares about your weight - you're doing this to look good and to be healthy right?

If you're gaining FAT, then there is a problem. 20-30 minutes isn't really a lot. You have to ensure you're maintaining a high heart rate. Most machines have a "fat burning mode" which can help you maintain optimum loss. And I would suggest 30-45 minutes if you can.

Lifting weights isn't going to do much for your cardio and fat burning, but will build muscle. Again, who cares if you gain weight from that; it's good weight. :)

Why 136? Is that what BMI claims is "optimal"? Throw that out the window. According to BMI I'm obsese because I'm 225 pounds. But I have more muscle mass than most, and although I'm a bit overweight I'm hardly obese. :)

Good luck!

Jlude
02-19-2008, 12:51 PM
no one said it yet? Slackin' guys!!

Pics?

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah I know muscle weighs more then fat, but I just wasn't sure because I wasn't noticing much changes after 3 months.
But I these things do take time. :whipped:

I did the cardio mode with incline and I ran til I pretty much couldnt breath haha. Sometimes I would feel extremely dizzy so I`d have to stop.

One of the teachers at my school said its best if you walk..for a couple minutes..and then go full out for a couple minutes and alternate back and forth. Is that true?

And yeah 136 is the border line on like eat more food and healthy weight.

My moms family is quite obese..Well the girls are. And my dad was big but he went on a grapefruit diet and walked to and from work everyday and he lost it all. My dads family is all average size. My doctor said my body shape is different then my mom's so I shouldn't have to worry about being obese as long as I stay healthy. So that makes me want to push myself that much harder.

adam c
02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Pics?

just for you buddy
http://www.jumbougg.com.au/oscommerce/images/roxy%20chestnut%20uggs%20nomad%20style%20copy.jpg

anyways to the OP..

i gained weight after i started working out again. no biggie..

make sure after your done with the weights to hit up the cardio for another 10-15 minutes to get ur heart rate going again, it helps to keep burning fat. try not to eat after your session if you really want to lose fat faster

eur0.doll.

Pics?

Haha. I dont have any head to toe ones.
Just face.:nut:

Kona9

Pics?

:rofl:

I already hit on her once in another thread. EK was out of town and left me in charge of new female sign ups. (or at least I have to convince him I did a good job in his absence.)

adam c
02-19-2008, 12:59 PM

face is a good start

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 12:59 PM
i was warned about the whole pic dealio too.
"if your a girl its pics or gtfo"

Kona9
02-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Stop typing and get on the fuckin treadmill DAMMIT!! :rofl:

Jlude
02-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by adam c

just for you buddy
http://www.jumbougg.com.au/oscommerce/images/roxy%20chestnut%20uggs%20nomad%20style%20copy.jpg

anyways to the OP..

i gained weight after i started working out again. no biggie..

make sure after your done with the weights to hit up the cardio for another 10-15 minutes to get ur heart rate going again, it helps to keep burning fat. try not to eat after your session if you really want to lose fat faster

I have the exact same pair!!!

It's a start!

Originally posted by Kona9

I already hit on her once in another thread. EK was out of town and left me in charge of new female sign ups. (or at least I have to convince him I did a good job in his absence.)

I'm sure you did a fine job my friend!

i was warned about the whole pic dealio too.
"if your a girl its pics or gtfo"

Here at Beyond.ca we're all very compassionate and sensitive to the female members of this forum. We encourage you to post pics so that we might have a chance to compliment you!

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 01:12 PM

ercchry
02-19-2008, 01:18 PM
so i take it you are in highschool?

right here is the best advice.... ask this on a different forum, maybe one with more than 5 active female members

but that being said, tell us a average day for you and be honest, include when you wake up and go to bed activities, what and when you eat etc.

now if you are the average highschool girl then you are probably drinking every weekend, stop doing that. and that normally tranfers into late night unhealthy eatting and sleeping in and eatting something like mcdicks to recover from your hangover. all bad if you do it stop doing it and you will have a huge change in weight

oh and what is probably adding weight is your leg workout, if you run why work your legs out again its just going to add weight

and remember you cant lose fat in just one spot, it comes off you whole body

ralliart_girl
02-19-2008, 01:33 PM
It sounds like you are on the right track. Don't just change the speed...also change the level as well. Walking at a higher level is better than running fast (so I have read)..hehhe It is best to alternate.

I also read Women's Health alot, I like the workouts that they have in there. Plus, by changing your routines, you will have better results.

kerry
02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Alright I'll chime in as Jackson Racing Supercharged 2000 Prelude said I would.

The first thing I'd like to say is I'd MUCH rather have a girl that was 150lbs and had a nice toned back and little triceps than a skinny little 105lb girl that had zero muscle/definition. Skinny girls are gross IMO. Lots of girls think little skinny dudes are sick, I think the same about little skinny girls. I'm not Mr. Universe but come on...

Anyways, this will be in no particular order as my brain is fucking fried from the weekend so I apologize in advance for that.

Your teacher that said walking for a min then running is on to something, but you want to give yourself less "downtime" if possible.

For example if you're running try running at a slower pace (5mph) and then doing incline intervals. So you'd up the incline to 50% of total (10 out of 20, 6 out of 12 etc) and run at that same pace, for 1 minute. Then go back down to zero incline. Run at zero incline for 1 minute. Repeat. You can do the same thing with speeds. Like walk at 3.5mph (pretty quick walk) for a minute then run for 3 at oh.... 7mph. I'm pulling these numbers out of my ass just so you know. You can use whatever you're comfortable with. Basically you want the "hard" part of the cardio to be around 80-90% of your all-out. This shocks your heart from being at a lower hr to a high hr (say from 120bpm to 170bpm). It'll help you gain endurance etc but will also help with burning fat and killing off calories as you'll be averaging a fairly high hr.

This can also be accomplished by biking or using elliptical trainers and stair climbers. Now some people will hate on ellipticals and bikes but hear me out for a sec. You're a girl. So you probably want "nicer legs" and a "nicer bum" as most girls cannot deny they want. For cardio at the gym on weight days I use the elliptical trainer for a half hour on the random setting set at 12 out of 20. This will basically change resistance from 0 to 12 randomly throughout the workout. 12 is pretty fucking hard and I try to keep a pace of 8-9mph according to the stupid machine. Now not letting this pace drop means when the machine is at 12, I'm working my legs HARD and my HR is cruising up. This is a good combine leg workout and cardio. I have REDICULARS looking quads and calves. They're toned, and hard but not huge. If you did something like this you probably would get similar results. Again, my legs aren't huge in proportion to my body. They're actually, for once, the right size for me.

Oh yeah. Stair climbers are a wicked workout. By keeping your body up straight you're tightening your core (lower back and abs mainly). You can feel it. It's like flexing for a half hour straight. And as you may know, walking up stairs fast will raise your heart rate so it'll be pretty easy to regulate your heart rate at a nice high level that you want based on how fast you walk etc etc. Girls that walk on stair climbers have wicked asses. I'm not trying to be a pig, I'm simply telling you things you probably would want to know seeing as how you're a girl and... come on every girl wants a nicer looking bum even if they have a perfect ass. Hey guys do it to only usually with their arms/chest.

Biking, stairclimbers and elliptical trainers all can tone up your legs (calves, quads, glutes) when done with higher resistance is my point. Do the intervals with resistance and you should get results. Everyone that I've suggested this to, including myself have. So those are good compound exercises for cardio/legs.

Now on to other parts.... jesus this is a monster of a post.

Lifting weights will actually HELP you lose fat AS LONG AS YOU do cardio as well. Think about it. You're burning calories. It does make a difference. So don't cut out lifting weights just because you want to "lose weight".

But do it the smart way for what you want. The lighter weights and less reps is good. One thing I'd suggest is doing everything with free weights. The girls I've seen that had the most "healthy" look did work with free weights. Cable machines are great but really doing everything with light dumb bells works best, because you get all of those little stabilizer muscles that get neglected.

So try an easy full body workout like this... (this is simply an idea not what you should follow if you don't want)
Use weights you can complete the routine with and try to keep the reps up and sets up as well. If you have to do 10 reps x 2 sets for now, then fine. You want to work up to more for endurance.

Dumb Bell Press on Anderson/Swiss Ball 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Bent over row 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Dumb Bell Fly on Anderson/Swiss Ball 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Delt Machine (the fly machine backwards) 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Squats with hands straight out on a Bosu Ball (this is tough and will take practice) Try doing 10 x 2 sets. Do however many you can but this will give you wicked balance and help tighten your core.
Lunges with Dumb Bells in hands around the track. As many laps as you feel comfortable with. You can always do half a lap, put down weights, walk half a lap, then pick up the weights where you left them.
Do bicep curls with small dumbbells. 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Crunches. Try variations (anderson/swiss ball, decline, oblique) If you want lots of variations pm me and I can write more but there's so many I do it'd be just retarded to post in this already huge ass post. I don't have abs, but I have a strong core mainly because at BJJ we do anywhere between 400-600 crunches. So that means I'm doing 1200-1800 crunches a week. This is a fucking lot. But I'm trying to get a point across. Strong core is very important and you should take the baby steps necessary to get to a stronger core.
Use the assisted dip/chinup machine to do dips and chinups.

When I lost most of my weight (probably 40 out of the 50lbs) I was doing a full body workout 4 times a week. No splitting days, no super sets. Just similar to what I've told you do do. I never did weights that would make me just bagged and sore the day after, because I'd often have to work out mon, wed, fri and sat. So you'd end up having to go two days in a row. THIS WORKED FOR ME and before anyone flames, it didn't take overly long to notice results. Try adding different things, and ask other girls at the gym if you want. If you really want to not go to the gym alone, then PM me and we can go together (no this is not an emack attempt I just like to help out and offer gym trips to ALL beyonders) You just have to send pics first for approval (gotta be a dick sometimes ;))

The stretching you're doing is good. It's super important to stretch after a workout and I'm glad to hear you're doing the right things to keep your body safe after working out.

Now with eating, just be smart about what you eat. For example, just because apples are good for you, it doesn't mean you can eat 10 a day. Try and eat 5 small meals a day and if you end up eating shitty gross deep fried food once or twice a week, fuck it. Who cares? Why be miserable all the time with not eating? Fat is good for you (in moderation) and sadly, will keep you sane. So let yourself indulge every now and again, just try to stick with eating healthy smaller meals. As you've heard, 5 small meals will boost your metabolism. Don't worry about weight. Scales don't mean shit. I weight 240 and am 6'0 but I'm not a fat beast. I'm not over weight. My BMI say I'm obese, but my training regimen says otherwise.

And at the end of the day, be stoked about being healthy and tell the rest of beyond to go suck a cock when they start flaming :thumbsup:

Hope that helps!

kerry
02-19-2008, 01:48 PM
P.S. woo woo first useful post! ;) JK

Actually what Ralliart Girl said is a not bad idea. I love Men's Health Magazine so try reading Women's Health Mag. Great articles about diet, training, meal ideas etc etc.

EDIT: highschool girl? definitely PM me :devil:

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
so i take it you are in highschool?

right here is the best advice.... ask this on a different forum, maybe one with more than 5 active female members

but that being said, tell us a average day for you and be honest, include when you wake up and go to bed activities, what and when you eat etc.

now if you are the average highschool girl then you are probably drinking every weekend, stop doing that. and that normally tranfers into late night unhealthy eatting and sleeping in and eatting something like mcdicks to recover from your hangover. all bad if you do it stop doing it and you will have a huge change in weight

oh and what is probably adding weight is your leg workout, if you run why work your legs out again its just going to add weight

and remember you cant lose fat in just one spot, it comes off you whole body

Haha. I`m definately not a normal high school girl then. I dont drink..and i dont do drugs. I dont do any of that stuff. I think its dumb. You feel better without any of it. Uhm. K.
Well my days are different if I have school or not.

If I have school ..
Wake up around 8 - 8:30 ish.
Get ready and if I have time I have cereal. [it has like cranberry and oatmeal pieces]
Go to schoool.
Workout in gym..and if I have the time [no homework] i`ll go workout for our whole 20 minute gym :eek: i know such a long workout but its better then nothing.
I usually eat a wrap with genoa and lettuce and some sort of fruit or just red/yellow/orange peppers cut up. No juice or pop. Just water.
When I finish school I go home..and do chores.
Then I go to my boyfriends..which it all depends what is for supper.
It varies from chicken - cabbage rolls - fish ..with potatoes. I always eat salad and veggies.
I`m a huge fruit person so if it's there i`ll eat it:dunno:
not like huge amounts where I`m over doing it. But I definately get my fruit and veggie servings every day.
I never really eat past 8 unless its like something small.
and it varies on when I go to bed.

If I dont have school
I wake up ..Roughly around 10 ..Eat breakfast..
Either 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast..or honey combs. [<probably a bad choice but its not everyday]
Then I work on homework, go driving, watch tv, etc.
For lunch I usually eat soup and grilled cheese....or If I`m at home I`ll make a tuna sandwich /wrap with celery.
Uhm usually weekends are my only time I eat candy or chips.
Usually when I do ..Its like ...2 dollars worth 5 cent candys and a bag of chips...or i`ll munch on my boyfriends chocolate he buys.
Weekends are kind of laid back for me to be completely honest.
If I`m at home I`ll do some pilates for half hour.

So yeah.

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 01:56 PM
And I do eat fast food on weekends. Not like EVERY meal.
But I do. If i go to mcdonalds I get a snack wrap and depending on the fries..a medium or large.
:dunno:

I dont get the drinks..because I really hate the drinks but if I get a combo I get the mcchicken..and i take of 80 percent of the stupid mayo they put on..and get iced tea.

Oh. And sometimes my weekends consist of just chillin at home. in bed. Watching TV, movies, playing ps3..

JRSC00LUDE
02-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by kerry

Hey, stop trying to tell everyone what my name means! :nut:

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 01:59 PM

The first thing I'd like to say is I'd MUCH rather have a girl that was 150lbs and had a nice toned back and little triceps than a skinny little 105lb girl that had zero muscle/definition. Skinny girls are gross IMO. Lots of girls think little skinny dudes are sick, I think the same about little skinny girls. I'm not Mr. Universe but come on...

Anyways, this will be in no particular order as my brain is fucking fried from the weekend so I apologize in advance for that.

Your teacher that said walking for a min then running is on to something, but you want to give yourself less &quot;downtime&quot; if possible.

For example if you're running try running at a slower pace (5mph) and then doing incline intervals. So you'd up the incline to 50% of total (10 out of 20, 6 out of 12 etc) and run at that same pace, for 1 minute. Then go back down to zero incline. Run at zero incline for 1 minute. Repeat. You can do the same thing with speeds. Like walk at 3.5mph (pretty quick walk) for a minute then run for 3 at oh.... 7mph. I'm pulling these numbers out of my ass just so you know. You can use whatever you're comfortable with. Basically you want the &quot;hard&quot; part of the cardio to be around 80-90% of your all-out. This shocks your heart from being at a lower hr to a high hr (say from 120bpm to 170bpm). It'll help you gain endurance etc but will also help with burning fat and killing off calories as you'll be averaging a fairly high hr.

This can also be accomplished by biking or using elliptical trainers and stair climbers. Now some people will hate on ellipticals and bikes but hear me out for a sec. You're a girl. So you probably want &quot;nicer legs&quot; and a &quot;nicer bum&quot; as most girls cannot deny they want. For cardio at the gym on weight days I use the elliptical trainer for a half hour on the random setting set at 12 out of 20. This will basically change resistance from 0 to 12 randomly throughout the workout. 12 is pretty fucking hard and I try to keep a pace of 8-9mph according to the stupid machine. Now not letting this pace drop means when the machine is at 12, I'm working my legs HARD and my HR is cruising up. This is a good combine leg workout and cardio. I have REDICULARS looking quads and calves. They're toned, and hard but not huge. If you did something like this you probably would get similar results. Again, my legs aren't huge in proportion to my body. They're actually, for once, the right size for me.

Oh yeah. Stair climbers are a wicked workout. By keeping your body up straight you're tightening your core (lower back and abs mainly). You can feel it. It's like flexing for a half hour straight. And as you may know, walking up stairs fast will raise your heart rate so it'll be pretty easy to regulate your heart rate at a nice high level that you want based on how fast you walk etc etc. Girls that walk on stair climbers have wicked asses. I'm not trying to be a pig, I'm simply telling you things you probably would want to know seeing as how you're a girl and... come on every girl wants a nicer looking bum even if they have a perfect ass. Hey guys do it to only usually with their arms/chest.

Biking, stairclimbers and elliptical trainers all can tone up your legs (calves, quads, glutes) when done with higher resistance is my point. Do the intervals with resistance and you should get results. Everyone that I've suggested this to, including myself have. So those are good compound exercises for cardio/legs.

Now on to other parts.... jesus this is a monster of a post.

Lifting weights will actually HELP you lose fat AS LONG AS YOU do cardio as well. Think about it. You're burning calories. It does make a difference. So don't cut out lifting weights just because you want to &quot;lose weight&quot;.

But do it the smart way for what you want. The lighter weights and less reps is good. One thing I'd suggest is doing everything with free weights. The girls I've seen that had the most &quot;healthy&quot; look did work with free weights. Cable machines are great but really doing everything with light dumb bells works best, because you get all of those little stabilizer muscles that get neglected.

So try an easy full body workout like this... (this is simply an idea not what you should follow if you don't want)
Use weights you can complete the routine with and try to keep the reps up and sets up as well. If you have to do 10 reps x 2 sets for now, then fine. You want to work up to more for endurance.

Dumb Bell Press on Anderson/Swiss Ball 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Bent over row 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Dumb Bell Fly on Anderson/Swiss Ball 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Delt Machine (the fly machine backwards) 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Squats with hands straight out on a Bosu Ball (this is tough and will take practice) Try doing 10 x 2 sets. Do however many you can but this will give you wicked balance and help tighten your core.
Lunges with Dumb Bells in hands around the track. As many laps as you feel comfortable with. You can always do half a lap, put down weights, walk half a lap, then pick up the weights where you left them.
Do bicep curls with small dumbbells. 12-15 reps x 2-3 sets
Crunches. Try variations (anderson/swiss ball, decline, oblique) If you want lots of variations pm me and I can write more but there's so many I do it'd be just retarded to post in this already huge ass post. I don't have abs, but I have a strong core mainly because at BJJ we do anywhere between 400-600 crunches. So that means I'm doing 1200-1800 crunches a week. This is a fucking lot. But I'm trying to get a point across. Strong core is very important and you should take the baby steps necessary to get to a stronger core.
Use the assisted dip/chinup machine to do dips and chinups.

When I lost most of my weight (probably 40 out of the 50lbs) I was doing a full body workout 4 times a week. No splitting days, no super sets. Just similar to what I've told you do do. I never did weights that would make me just bagged and sore the day after, because I'd often have to work out mon, wed, fri and sat. So you'd end up having to go two days in a row. THIS WORKED FOR ME and before anyone flames, it didn't take overly long to notice results. Try adding different things, and ask other girls at the gym if you want. If you really want to not go to the gym alone, then PM me and we can go together (no this is not an emack attempt I just like to help out and offer gym trips to ALL beyonders) You just have to send pics first for approval (gotta be a dick sometimes ;))

The stretching you're doing is good. It's super important to stretch after a workout and I'm glad to hear you're doing the right things to keep your body safe after working out.

Now with eating, just be smart about what you eat. For example, just because apples are good for you, it doesn't mean you can eat 10 a day. Try and eat 5 small meals a day and if you end up eating shitty gross deep fried food once or twice a week, fuck it. Who cares? Why be miserable all the time with not eating? Fat is good for you (in moderation) and sadly, will keep you sane. So let yourself indulge every now and again, just try to stick with eating healthy smaller meals. As you've heard, 5 small meals will boost your metabolism. Don't worry about weight. Scales don't mean shit. I weight 240 and am 6'0 but I'm not a fat beast. I'm not over weight. My BMI say I'm obese, but my training regimen says otherwise.

And at the end of the day, be stoked about being healthy and tell the rest of beyond to go suck a cock when they start flaming :thumbsup:

Hope that helps!

wow. :clap:

definately copy paste. modify into point form and going in gym locker.

thankyou!!!!

eur0
02-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I thought u were my gf for a moment, or my feminine alter ego. lol

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
bahaa.

kerry
02-19-2008, 04:21 PM

wow. :clap:

definately copy paste. modify into point form and going in gym locker.

thankyou!!!!

Hey no problem. If you really want more ideas pm me and I'll think up some better ones at school tomorrow. Brain is just a little on the broken side from the long weekend partying LOL. I obviously take this shit seriously hahaha.

Or I could even write out a good "point form" workout for you if you'd like. And again, not e-macking. I just never got much help from people when I wanted to get in better shape. Just a few pointers, so I like to give back as much as possible!

kerry
02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Hey, stop trying to tell everyone what my name means! :nut:

HAHAH sorry I'll stop. Wanted to see if anyone else figured that out... probably not though. And besides, not many beyonders voyage over to this section ;)

adam c
02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
:clap: :clap:

eur0.doll.
02-19-2008, 11:18 PM

Hey no problem. If you really want more ideas pm me and I'll think up some better ones at school tomorrow. Brain is just a little on the broken side from the long weekend partying LOL. I obviously take this shit seriously hahaha.

Or I could even write out a good &quot;point form&quot; workout for you if you'd like. And again, not e-macking. I just never got much help from people when I wanted to get in better shape. Just a few pointers, so I like to give back as much as possible!

I really appreciate it.
ill try that for a while and see how it goes energy wise.
Thanks!