PDA

View Full Version : question about deleted thread.

Graham_A_M
02-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Normally I trust the mods here entirely, and I'm definately not one to complain or whine on these forums; but I have a question in regards to why my thread was deleted.

I started this thread in the general automotive about mentioning this body shop guru.
the title was "Show quality bodywork with Maaco costs... good place to go" or something of that nature.

The thread recieved about 5 replies, and was up there for a few days before later being moved to "Performance & Mechanical discussion". Why there? I honestly dont know. There is nothing performance related about body work in all reality. I can see it being moved to "looks styling & sound" but it wasnt. (okay, but thats not why I posted this)

A day or two ago, now with 1800 views, and 15 replies, the thread gets deleted....... ? why? and why so late?
if I did something wrong, I'm not sure why I wasn't PM'ed to change it. As I would have been happy to... honesty I would have without batting an eye.

I've not received a penny from him for "advertising" (is that why it was deleted?) and that certainly wasn't my intent. If it is, then I apologize, and I'll be happy to pay to get a 'sponsered listing' type ad as I feel that he offers a damn good deal to many people, and many people have already benefited from him. To save fellow beyonders money, I created that thread. If I can continue helping out the fellow beyonders, I'd be happy to pay for an ad... either way please let me know.
This was bought to my attention as one guy had his car fixed by him, and was about to update the thread with rav reviews (which I'm not surprised), only for him to find it deleted. :dunno:

so what gives?

Graham_A_M
02-19-2008, 08:10 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1

^ thats interesting:dunno:

toyboy88
02-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Administrators and Moderators have the right to modify, and delete all posts on the discussion forums for any reason, and without explanation.

finboy
02-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

pwnt!

kerry
02-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by finboy

pwnt!

I was expecting something along those lines from you. Any new material beside "OWNED" and "FAIL" pics?

finboy
02-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by kerry

I was expecting something along those lines from you. Any new material beside "OWNED" and "FAIL" pics?

http://stuff.ubersite.com/1147358879792127957/1/badgerspin.gif

rage2
02-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I initially modified the thread to remove the guy's phone number because he wasn't a sponsor. I see you've edited it back in, that's probably why it was deleted (by another mod).

We're usually pretty good with free advertising even if it conflicts with another company as long as not blatant advertising or spamming and there's no contact information involved. That's why I didn't initially delete your thread and just edited out contact info, even though it broke 2 marketplace rules:

- Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates
- "private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers

If I had to PM every single person's thread I've deleted, beyond would be my full time volunteer job. I'm in a good mood today, so I'm giving you an answer. Usually, I'll just laugh in your face.

Don't bother posting it up again to fit within my guidelines because it'll probably get deleted again. Like I said, it's at our discretion we we want to allow it or not.

Team_Mclaren
02-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I'm in a good mood today, so I'm giving you an answer. Usually, I'll just laugh in your face.

you must have been in a good mood when you edited out the contact info for him, cause i just nuked the entire thing altogether

Graham_A_M
02-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2

- Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates

Alright I'll pay for the ad then. no biggie. :)