PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Taken Art 235 - Introduction to Photography

clutch
02-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Has anyone taken this ART 235 before?
Is it any easy course? I am taking GRST 211 and looking
for another easy course in summer semester to finish off my degree.

Hit me back if anyone has some advice.

Thanks
Vince

Canmorite
02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
It's Photography...not Statistics. Should be pretty simple.

clutch
02-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the advice jerk off!

02-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by clutch

Spoken like a true jerk-off.

infected
02-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Whoa. Way to over react...

CLiVE
02-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I took it back in 2000 or 2001. Great course, and learned a lot. Not difficult, and a great introduction to photography. However it still requires quite a time commitment, both lab time and time to complete photography assignments. You still need to complete the assignments and lab work, and the instructor does not just hand out easy A's for any picture taken.

If you have an interest, I say go for it. Otherwise you will find the work tedious and not enjoy it.

Canmorite
02-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by clutch

:dunno:

You can learn more from a couple talented photogs, plus some photography textbooks and a lot of practice then you can in a classroom. I haven't seen a lot of great photos from the artists I've seen come out of ACAD or SAIT. I find artistic skill can't be taught, you either have an eye and a passion for it, or you don't.

CLiVE
02-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

:dunno:

You can learn more from a couple talented photogs, plus some photography textbooks and a lot of practice then you can in a classroom. I haven't seen a lot of great photos from the artists I've seen come out of ACAD or SAIT. I find artistic skill can't be taught, you either have an eye and a passion for it, or you don't.

I think a formal course is always beneficial. You may pick up a lot of things, and the theory behind it that you wouldn't get from more casual instruction. Especially when the prof is a talented photographer. Just my 2 bits...

clutch
02-21-2008, 03:00 PM
kewl kewl...thanks for the tips ppl.

Canmorite
02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by CLiVE

I think a formal course is always beneficial. You may pick up a lot of things, and the theory behind it that you wouldn't get from more casual instruction. Especially when the prof is a talented photographer. Just my 2 bits...

True enough.