PDA

View Full Version : Good buy for speakers

Bean
08-01-2003, 07:09 PM
I need new speakers for my 92 civic. I have stock ones now.

What are the cheapest decent speakers I should get.

engineclueless
08-02-2003, 01:39 AM
how much you lookin to spend......

2 ways are gonna get you decent sound for the price, better than stock anyways

3 ways are gonna be a lil better for the money

4 ways are gonna sound the best but gonna set you back 100-150 a pair

im runnin 4 pioneer 2 ways in my car, it sounds alright, but they could always be better

Pioneers are gonna be your best buy, kenwoods, rockfordfosgates, then all the really high quality brands......

i spent 50 a pair on my pioneers

Ajay
08-02-2003, 09:59 AM
You can get a set of Sony's for HELLA cheap or you can buy a set of Infinity's for more money. Depends on what "cheap" means to you and what kind of sound you're after.

sxtasy
08-03-2003, 01:33 AM
I've had really bad experiences with sony speakers

Bean
08-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Well I want to spend as least as possible. Under $100 CND. I don't need high quality speakers, just something decent (that work basically and don't sound like crap). I only need 2. Anybody know good places to buy in Canada?

88CRX
08-04-2003, 05:31 PM
please dont buy sony speakers.....

Bean
08-05-2003, 08:33 PM
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10013235&catid=11043&logon=&langid=EN&dept=9&WLBS=fsweb9

Are these speakers alright?

Would they fit in a 92 honda civic?

Team_Mclaren
08-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
please dont buy sony speakers.....

I always wonder, whats so bad about sony car audio stuff????

)v(ortal
08-06-2003, 11:32 AM
it wrecks soo fast and the sound quality sucksorz...

-danny

Ben
08-06-2003, 11:43 AM
I have some MB Quartz Ti Tweater jobbies and they sound alright, FOCAL ownz also but you pay for that owning...

My advice, dont buy Sony, sont buy Alpine. Alpine makes good decks and amps, but their speaks suck.

You want cheap? A&B sound and Visions were whoring out some nice kickers....

)v(ortal
08-07-2003, 08:03 PM
id say buy ALPINE they have good decks bad amps GOOD SPEAKERS and there good quality dont buy focal cuz they dont look nore sound decent...and theree over priced for NOT owning becouse PG owns j00!

-danny

KoukiS14
08-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by )v(ortal
dont buy focal cuz they dont look nore sound decent...and theree over priced for NOT owning becouse PG owns j00!

-danny

You sir are an idiot!!!

Focal ownz

jdmakkord
08-08-2003, 11:43 PM
id say buy ALPINE they have good decks bad amps GOOD SPEAKERS and there good quality dont buy focal cuz they dont look nore sound decent...and theree over priced for NOT owning becouse PG owns j00!

-danny

You obviously know soooooo much about car audio!:rolleyes: How many iasca comps are won by cars with alpine speakers? Now tally up focal's totals. Phoenix gold hasn't had fuck all for quality since about 5 years ago when they werent mainstream. I used to run a full PG setup until better came out. Now it sucks ass too. I'll put my focal components up against anything alpine offers for speakers and we'll see who gets owned. Now as for how focals look....they look hella better than any alpine or pg speakers by far....and if all you're after are pretty speakers....:rofl:

Soulis
08-09-2003, 01:49 AM
Indeed,

Go to Audio Concepts. Go listen to the Alpines that 'own'. Then listen to Focals. Even the lowest model. Then we'll see whose ass gets handed what. In terms of SQ (which is sound quality, for our car audio gura friend here) focal has much cleaner sound and makes sounds that are inaudible when played in many other speakers, hence enhanceing ones listening experiance, which is what one should be going for when upgrading audio equipment (as opposed to 'bling bling' or 'getting a ticket for distrubing the peace.......10 blocks away') In terms of price, I can find Focal Utopia's (the highest end model and OH SO good sounding) for a fraction of the infamous 'TYPE R's'. If you want to talk about pricing, Alpine is the best at charging waaay too much for their gear! If you want to talk ghetto, go find some LPG Tweeters and some Peerless, Vifa(which i believe(not sure) makes or is in conjunction with alpine), or Seas Midbass drivers. For a fraction of the price, you can get stuff that make alpine look and sound like an ordinary, less-than-spectacular speaker. But don't take my word for it, just go and ACTUALLY LISTEN sometime! :):guns: And if you go to the car audio forums, which have people with incredible amounts of knowledge and the ear of audiophiles, you'll see that PG isn't mentioned at all. i.e. not a contender in the competative car audio world! MB Quart: not bad, can be good shiz! Kicker isn't too bad either

)v(ortal
08-09-2003, 02:16 AM
ahahha k u guys r really soo good.. how much does focal cost? how much does alpine cost... thx for coming out... i hate focal cuz they gay pg is amazing and all the way i didnt say that alpine is the best out... yes best for price and wat u get for it... duh... u guys please dont think with ur heads...

-danny

)v(ortal
08-09-2003, 02:17 AM
i havent looked into focal from wat i have herd and seen of them wasnt as good as ppl talk... they sounded shit to me wen i herd them and looked retarded... but then again i only seen a set and didnt want to see another...

-danny

)v(ortal
08-09-2003, 02:19 AM
its more or less a personal thing... i prolly should go listen to them before talkin but ya its more personall i dont like the looks and didnt get a good listen to them

-danny

Weapon_R
08-09-2003, 06:35 AM
It's hard to defend your argument when you are stating that Focal sucks...they are one of the best speakers money can buy.

Alpine is over rated, but I don't think PG is. They do make very good quality components, regardless of whether they are mainstream of not. There is better, which is why everyone rags on PG, since they used to be the top dogs of car audio.

Soulis
08-09-2003, 08:18 AM
....mmm... ok... i'll take you on that one weapon_r

what conditions did you listen to these focals in? was in some guys car who didn't know what they were doing? or maybe the person who showed them to you had them running off a deck....there are many possbilities to why they "sucked" to you. But i'm sure that if you have a listen from a set that was setup properly, and tuned by someone whose knows more than "this is what my manager tells me is good!" then i'm sure you'd see the difference!

You'd shouldn't walk around with such a set biased attitude you know. I used think Alpine was the shiz too (belieiving all the hype from ppl.), until i took a good listen from equally good setups and same conditions (comparing alpine with various other comp. sets)

But again, don't take my word for it. ACTUALLY LISTEM to them!

:)

Don

)v(ortal
08-09-2003, 11:30 AM
i hr3d the foclas in the 2001 mustang convertable/// with the 2 10s in the back seat molded next ur head .. the red stang at worl of wheels

-danny

KoukiS14
08-09-2003, 03:50 PM
i hr3d the foclas in the 2001 mustang convertable/// with the 2 10s in the back seat molded next ur head .. the red stang at worl of wheels

-danny

Ok well that explains it....:banghead:

That car doesnt have the best audio environment. Convertibles never do. The top was probably down and you were standing next to it right? That mustang was more of a show install than anything. I can see how your opinion is based from that experience. I can agree with you that the Mustang wasn't the greatest sounding car. But that is one car out of many. Different car, different setup will yield different results. My setup sounds better than that mustang. Way bettter :thumbsup:

I urge you to go into Audio Concepts when you have time and listen to them. Bring a CD with you. Listen to Focal's entry level components, they are called Access. They are under $500. Let us know what you think.

Soulis
08-10-2003, 02:34 AM
So, i did a little research and talked to some people,

Apparently, alpine is dope. There is a model of speaker set which is higher than the Type r's. It comes with a MASSIVE crossover and is supposed to sound amazing. They were made in conjuction with Vifa (to confirm what i said earlier) which makes really nice midbass drivers.

Now if i ever heard a set, i'll let you all know what they are like!

See..... open mind.... works wonders!

anyone have their car at Import Showoff Calgary?

Don

That.Guy.S30
08-12-2003, 01:50 AM
those are called the type x. fuckin cost a million bucks. hahaha jokes.
i agree with you soulis alot of ppl think alpine and pg is "the shit" but those ppl are usually the ones with rattling cars you can hear down the street and half deaf that they dont even know what sq is becuz they have been listening to music wayyyyyy too loud. and there is no way in hell that you can say focals suck. you may be biased but you cant say they suck. fuck focals, fuck alpine. go infinity! or jbl. decently priced.

)v(ortal
08-12-2003, 08:19 PM
i say alpine for price thats all!! :P and for there quality for there pricing!

-danny

That.Guy.S30
08-12-2003, 08:30 PM
actaully i have a pair of 4 inch alpines the sws series and a pair of jbl gto series and by far the jbl sounds better, is louder and is cheaper. this is just from my experience tho.