PDA

View Full Version : I need a job!

Evolize
02-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I quit my job at the shitty autowreckers because everytime I went to work I had physical altercations with the new worker. So, I had a new job lined up. Went to talk to them monday and now I still haven't gotten a call back.

I require $15/hr and up.
I have experience in pretty much everything, i'll list a few though to anybody who is looking
-Mechanics
-Autobody
-Graphic Design
-photography

I'm an all around type of guy, just looking for a good work place with great management and coworkers, and a reason to show up on time. I hate "having" to go to work, I would rather wake up and "get" to go to work!. If anybody has something open that is pretty open as far as qualifications go, please let me know and I'll give you a resume.

anarchy
02-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I suggest editing out the "physical altercations" part. Not exactly a quality employers are looking for in a prospective employee.

Jlude
02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
I quit my job at the shitty autowreckers because everytime I went to work I had physical altercations with the new worker. So, I had a new job lined up. Went to talk to them monday and now I still haven't gotten a call back.

I require $15/hr and up.
I have experience in pretty much everything, i'll list a few though to anybody who is looking
-Mechanics
-Autobody
-Graphic Design
-photography

I'm an all around type of guy, just looking for a good work place with great management and coworkers, and a reason to show up on time. I hate "having" to go to work, I would rather wake up and "get" to go to work!. If anybody has something open that is pretty open as far as qualifications go, please let me know and I'll give you a resume.

Dave... I'll give you a job making 17 - 18/hr... Working in our fab shop. Give me a call if you're interested. You could probably start monday.

Evolize
02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, my physical altercations were his fault. He thought he ran the show and started fights. Who am I to let some little 30 year old piece of trailer trash push me around :P

Evolize
02-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey James, pm me your number and I'll try to make it to tims later if you want to give me a run down of the job details!

leec001
02-20-2008, 04:12 PM

I require $15/hr and up.
-Mechanics
-Autobody
-Graphic Design
-photography

Journeyman 1 Auto Bodyman

Reference:

Job Information
Posting Title: Journeyman 1 Auto Bodyman
Business Unit/Division: Fleet Services/Autobody
Union/Position: ATU Local 583/Establishment #0070540
Compensation: $28.49 - 30.19 - 31.89 per hour

Hours of Work: 2:00 p.m. - 12.00 a.m. Monday to Thursday or 5:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Wednesday to Saturday.
Business Unit Information
Fleet Services keeps the city running and ready to respond. Highly-skilled technicians, mechanics, welders, machinists, trainers, engineers and other support staff ensure The City has the vehicles, equipment and operators ready to serve the citizens of Calgary. From snow ploughs and refuse packers to one ton, half ton trucks and passenger vehicles, Fleet Services provides safe, cost-effective and innovative acquisition and maintenance for our fleet of 2,400 vehicles. This job opportunity offers training and support programs, first-rate working facilities, staff events and excellent benefits. Employees are offered progressive employment opportunities which include internal opportunities for promotion. In addition, the exciting work environment at Fleet Services promotes a work/life balance.
Responsibilities
Perform Journeyman level work in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of cars, light, medium and heavy trucks plus related equipment. This is a skilled Journeyman level auto body position required to work in a full cost recovery and standard time shop.

Duties include:
- automotive painting, finishing and industrial coatings;
- replacement and repair of body components;
- frame straightening, wheel alignment, steering and suspension repair;
- occasional sheet metal fabrication and welding;
- repair and replace components (SMC - Composite plastic);
- heavy truck and equipment repairs;
- major collision repair;
- sandblasting;
- decaling and signage;
- windshield installation and repair;
- air bag and passive restraint system repairs, disable, enable;
- aluminum repairs and painting;
- other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications
Applicant must have High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) and be in possession of a recognized Alberta Journeyman Autobody Mechanics Certificate of Proficiency and hold (or have the ability to obtain) a valid Class 3 Drivers License and "Q" Air Brake Endorsement. The incumbent must be in good health and have the physical ability to carry out strenuous physical labor required in this position. A minimum of three - five years experience in the trade is essential. Desirable specialized training or experience includes: welding, frame and wheel alignment, painting, heavy truck repairs. Third or fourth year Apprentice Auto Bodyman may be considered.

Applicant must be self-motivated to initiate and perform duties with minimal supervision. Demonstrated mechanical skill, manual dexterity and versatility are important considerations.
Note:
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
- More than one position may be filled from this competition.

Please apply on or before:
12/03/2008
Posting Type:
Internal, External

Posting Title:
Jrnyman 1 Hvy Duty Mech

Reference:

Job Information
Job Title: Journeyman 1 Heavy Duty Mechanic
Business Unit/Division: Fleet Services/Fleet Maintenance
Union/Position: ATU Local 583/Established
Compensation: Journeyman 1 Heavy Duty Mechanic
$28.49 - 30.18 - 31.89 per hour
Hours of work: This position works a four day work week based on 10 hours per day.
Business Unit Information
Fleet Services keeps the city running and ready to respond. Highly-skilled technicians, mechanics, welders, machinists, trainers, engineers and other support staff ensure The City has the vehicles, equipment and operators ready to serve the citizens of Calgary. From snow ploughs and refuse packers to one ton, half ton trucks and passenger vehicles, Fleet Services provides safe, cost-effective and innovative acquisition and maintenance for our fleet of 2,400 vehicles. This job opportunity offers training and support programs, first-rate working facilities, staff events and excellent benefits. Employees are offered progressive employment opportunities which include internal opportunities for promotion. In addition, the exciting work environment at Fleet Services promotes a work/life balance.
Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Foreman and on an assigned shift the incumbent will be responsible for the inspection, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of medium/heavy trucks equipped with gas or diesel engines and automatic transmissions. The incumbent will be required to exercise considerable independence of judgement and actions in the technical aspects of the work. Under the direction of the Foreman and working from repair and diagnostic manuals this person will be responsible for trouble shooting, repair and overhaul of various components. The incumbent will also be required to provide closely detailed training and assistance to Apprentices, Pre-apprentices, Servicemen and advice to other trades and must have the ability to write clear, concise reports of work completed on the work order. Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications
Applicants must have completed the recognized standard apprenticeship in accordance with the provisions of the Tradesman's Qualification Act AND possession of the Province of Alberta Certificate of Proficiency OR Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate supplemented by two years experience in maintaining and repairing heavy duty trucks and equipment including engines, drive lines and transmissions. Must have or be able to obtain an Alberta Class 3 driver's license with an air brake endorsement, a City of Calgary Driver's Certificate, and a standard set of mechanic hand tools. Applicants must have the ability to obtain a Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) license. A 3rd or 4th year Heavy Equipment Apprentice will be considered.
Note:
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis before the closing date.
- More than one position will be filled from this competition.
- For more information on this position, you may contact Leslie Slater at [email protected].

Please apply on or before:
07/08/2008
Posting Type:
Internal, External

sputnik
02-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by leec001

Applicant must have High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) and be in possession of a recognized Alberta Journeyman Autobody Mechanics Certificate of Proficiency and hold (or have the ability to obtain) a valid Class 3 Drivers License and "Q" Air Brake Endorsement.

reading > you

If he had his journeyman ticket I dont think he would be looking for a $17/hr job.

Jlude
02-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey James, pm me your number and I'll try to make it to tims later if you want to give me a run down of the job details!
You've got pm.

I won't be going to tims later. You're gonna need to just come in to the shop and do the interview right away. I'm moving to Cali next week and my last day is Friday.

Originally posted by sputnik

reading > you

If he had his journeyman ticket I dont think he would be looking for a $17/hr job.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jay42w8
02-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Well, my physical altercations were his fault. He thought he ran the show and started fights. Who am I to let some little 30 year old piece of trailer trash push me around :P

So you kicked his ass?! :dunno:

icecreamvan
02-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Didn't you badmouth your last few employers too?

Evolize
02-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by icecreamvan
Didn't you badmouth your last few employers too? Hah, mytires. Of course. Absolutely. Anand still owes me vacation pay and my last paycheck! Damn right I am going to ruin the reputation of a company that RIPS ME OFF.