PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 CDN price cut..

modded46
02-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Canadian Xbox 360 Price Cut Confirmed
>> From reuters.com:
[QUOTE]
Microsoft said in a statement it would cut the price of the Xbox 360 console to C$349 from C$399, while the premium Elite model with a larger hard drive would drop to C$449 from C$499. The more basic Arcade model is dropping to $279 from C$299.

But prices in the United States will not change, Microsoft spokesman David Dennis said, adding that each market makes its own decision on the matter.

heavyD
02-21-2008, 10:39 AM
They should have dropped the premium models to $399 if they are serious about catching up to the Wii. Microsoft has had enough time to reduce manufacturing costs.

modded46
02-21-2008, 10:39 AM
And secondly..

Blu-ray Xbox 360 Planned By Microsoft as Early as May?
>> From smarthouse.com.au:
[QUOTE]
Rumours were circulating today that Microsoft is set to dump HD DVD and bring out a Blu ray Xbox 360 by as early as May 2008.

Insiders at Microsoft in the USA have told SmartHouse that Microsoft have already configured a standalone Blu ray player that can be connected into an Xbox 360 and that subject to internal marketing and sales approvals the model could be on sale within 3 months.

The Company has also been working on a built in Blu ray player however insiders are claiming that Microsoft see the HD format battle moving online with consumers offered 1080p movie and content files as a download as opposed to having to buy a HD or Blu ray DVD.

modded46
02-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
They should have dropped the premium models to $399 if they are serious about catching up to the Wii. Microsoft has had enough time to reduce manufacturing costs.

I don't think the 360 will ever be positioned to compete with the Wii.. It's all about the PS3 and this definitely blows away PS3 pricing.. I can only hope that Sony will follow suite and drop the price of the PS3..

Also, Arcade version would compete with Wii if anything.. Wii does not have a HDD.

Stine
02-21-2008, 01:19 PM
when does the price cut take affect?

rage2
02-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Right away.

The price cuts were done because of exchange rate, not because they wanted to catch Wii (won't happen haha).

Thaco
02-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Stine
when does the price cut take affect? some places are already in effect, places like futureshop and bestbuy are tomorrow.

i would certainly buy an external BD if it came for 360, i was considering buying a ps3 just for that purpose, but if i can adapt something i've already got, even better.

Thaco
02-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Right away.

The price cuts were done because of exchange rate, not because they wanted to catch Wii (won't happen haha).

The price is only $10 difference, if they were after the same market as the Wii, they'd certainly be competitive.