PDA

View Full Version : question about new car warranty.

spikerS
02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
As the above states, I noticed something on the new ride.

on the front driver's side fender, there seems to be cracks in the paint. they are horizontal in nature, with no dings in the paint or anything and minus the cracks, the paint is scratch free. The jeep is still under the manufacturers warranty, and in my opinion, for what it is worth, seems that this is a defect in the paint, probably brought about by that wicked cold snap we had.

anyone know if things like this is covered under warranty and how to approach the dealership regarding this? We all know they are gonna say something hit it or some such, but the location does not lend itself to be hit by gravel and such.

sr20s14zenki
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I think they will take care of it, that cracking will most likely turn into chipping eventually. It could have been the cold snap, contracting the metal , and thusly causing the paint to crack. Sounds like a paint defect to me.

canuckcarguy
02-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Yep, ask the dealer. Unless the paint cracked because it was stressed by a small bump, you should be covered. Is the cracking on a metal part or a plastic one? I would suspect that the plastic wheel opening moldings on some newer Jeeps are more likely to exhibit paint problems, the same way a minor fender-bender can often leave cracks in a plastic bumper cover.

Tik-Tok
02-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Take photo's now, and take it in to the dealership quick, if you accidentally get a rock chip in the meantime, their gonna blame it on that.