PDA

View Full Version : Sheesha Making You Sick?

analbumcover
02-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Last night i got a real nice hookah, i set everything up and myself and a couple of friends were smoking some melon flavoured tobacco, after about 10 minutes, 2 of us started to get real sick, long story short i ended up throwing up suicide hot wings and burning my insides all over again :cry:

Am i doing something wrong here or am i just new to this?

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
While I haven't smoked sheesha before, I would assume you are experiencing the equivalent of someone who doesn't smoke inhaling off a big cigar. :dunno:

Ben
02-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Do you smoke cigarettes?

I remember my first shisha experience I got pretty light headed, half because I'd never experienced a Nicotine rush (there's hardly any in it but if you've never had it, it can be a good one) and partially due to the Constant inhaling.

If you have bad coals you can get nauseous if it didnt completely light and then it sparks up and you inhale the quicklight shit in them. The best smoking experience is with high quality shisha (no, not Nakhla, thats trash) and coals you have to light on the stove (not the round pucks that self light with a lighter).

I've never gotten sick tho, I cant wait for my lb and a half of ROMMAN to arrive with Lemon wood coals.

Also, did you pack the bowl properly? there are complete morons out there that put the shisha ON TOP of the coal. rofl.

Did you wash the hookah before using it including the hoses?

BenC
02-22-2008, 09:46 AM
sheesha used to make me sick before.
just keep trying it. if you're new to smoking it you'll feel sick
and its not hard to set up a hookah so.. doubt you did something wrong

analbumcover
02-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Do you smoke cigarettes?

I remember my first shisha experience I got pretty light headed, half because I'd never experienced a Nicotine rush (there's hardly any in it but if you've never had it, it can be a good one) and partially due to the Constant inhaling.

If you have bad coals you can get nauseous if it didnt completely light and then it sparks up and you inhale the quicklight shit in them. The best smoking experience is with high quality shisha (no, not Nakhla, thats trash) and coals you have to light on the stove (not the round pucks that self light with a lighter).

I've never gotten sick tho, I cant wait for my lb and a half of ROMMAN to arrive with Lemon wood coals.

Also, did you pack the bowl properly? there are complete morons out there that put the shisha ON TOP of the coal. rofl.

Did you wash the hookah before using it including the hoses?
i was feeling pretty light headed, which was tight, but its the puking after and stomach ache that fucking pissed me off..im thinking it might be the coals which are the stupid pucks, (now im stuck with 100 of them lol) they were pretty chalked by the time we started enhaling, i put them on the stove because the torch lighter i bought decided it didnt want to work and instead leak fluid all over my hands lol wtf? Where can i get some good coals and good shisha?, also wood coals? where at?

aram1000
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I've puked from sheesha before, not pleasant, i think it was from the constant inhaling though, done it a few more times and have been fine

adam c
02-22-2008, 09:57 AM
i smoke, but sheesha burns my throat and makes me feel not so good. i've only done it the once, don't really plan on doing it again

teggypimp95
02-22-2008, 10:00 AM
I got kinda sick the first time i did it. I think i did it way to much the first time. Try doing it again with smaller amounts or doing it slower. Also helps if your water is super cold so put lots of ice in it.

Ben
02-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by adam c
i smoke, but sheesha burns my throat and makes me feel not so good. i've only done it the once, don't really plan on doing it again

It should never ever ever burn your throat, a good shisha experience is like inhaling a flavored humidifier. Cool thick smooth smoke. Either you were overheating the shisha, you had shitty coals, you had dry shisha, or all of the above for a real lovely experience.

analbumcover
02-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Ben

It should never ever ever burn your throat, a good shisha experience is like inhaling a flavored humidifier. Cool thick smooth smoke. Either you were overheating the shisha, you had shitty coals, you had dry shisha, or all of the above for a real lovely experience.

i got 6 different flavours, and the two i opened seemed a little dry, is there anyway to make it more sticky icky oohwiee?

Ben
02-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Add a little more honey or molasses to it?

swak
02-22-2008, 10:36 AM
mix a little ganja in with it... Should work better

haunt
02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
have a couple bottles of water around when smoking. when I have a few friends over to smoke, we drink wine, that really balances out the buzz.

l/l/rX
02-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ben

you seem to be the smoke master, shisha, cigars. HAHA
sorry it was just an observation.

89coupe
02-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Nothing like inhaling Carcinogens

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Nothing like inhaling Carcinogens

Sure there is, flavored carcinogens!

I used to be worried about shit like that and then I figured "who cares anymore?". If you wanted to avoid daily intake of carcinogens you basically couldn't go outside or eat so fuck it. I'm going to drink, smoke when I feel like it (not that often except for some herbs haha) and just eat decently healthy and excercise a lot and let the chips fall where they may.

cycosis
02-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Make sure the water level is high enough in the base. Also, make sure you arnt packing the sheesha too tightly. That causes alot of problems for people. Remember to puncture enough holes in the tin foil and make sure you dont have crappy uber thin foil. You want to buy nice thick foil. And always make sure the coal has finished sparking before hauling or yeah, youll puke.

Neil4Speed
02-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Hey Brain's, did you ever think that it might be the suicide wings that made you sick?

ashee
02-23-2008, 01:00 AM
When you aren't used to it of course you're not going to feel so hot if you smoke a bunch...
First time I smoked sheesha I was so light headed I tripped down the stairs at Cafe Med haha.

analbumcover
02-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Hey Brain's, did you ever think that it might be the suicide wings that made you sick?

No sir, i get them all the time, and i didnt feel sick until i smoked...

Originally posted by ashee
When you aren't used to it of course you're not going to feel so hot if you smoke a bunch...
First time I smoked sheesha I was so light headed I tripped down the stairs at Cafe Med haha.

I think i might have been there that night, we all thought it was an earthquake though

____

anyways, i think we got sick because we were enhaling the "quick light" chemicals from the coal, i let the coals burn on the stove until they ashed a bit and let it sit on top of the bowl for about 5 minutes and it was a perfect smoke, now i need to find some real high quality sheesha

89coupe
02-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Sure there is, flavored carcinogens!

I used to be worried about shit like that and then I figured "who cares anymore?". If you wanted to avoid daily intake of carcinogens you basically couldn't go outside or eat so fuck it. I'm going to drink, smoke when I feel like it (not that often except for some herbs haha) and just eat decently healthy and excercise a lot and let the chips fall where they may.

How old are you right now?

I use to think like you, but the older you get, the less you will think like that.

JRSC00LUDE
02-26-2008, 03:31 PM
^

haha, the older I get the less worried I am about shit (in some ways. In others, like eating healthier foods and exercise, I am more attentive than before). All in all though, I'm a lot more relaxed about things than when I was 25. I don't know if that's an appropriate way to think (not likely I guess), but the older you get the less time you have to enjoy is how I see it.

31 though to answer your question. :)

jdmakkord
02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

How old are you right now?

I use to think like you, but the older you get, the less you will think like that.

Brad, the older I get, the more cigars I smoke and the more scotch I drink.... to each their own.

89coupe
02-26-2008, 03:50 PM
^

haha, the older I get the less worried I am about shit (in some ways. In others, like eating healthier foods and exercise, I am more attentive than before). All in all though, I'm a lot more relaxed about things than when I was 25. I don't know if that's an appropriate way to think (not likely I guess), but the older you get the less time you have to enjoy is how I see it.

31 though to answer your question. :)

Maybe you need something bad to happen to get the wake up call.

For me it was a kidney stone over the Christmas Holidays. I thought I was dying...LOL.

So I have cut out the Red Bull from my diet, stopped taking protein powders and drink twice as much water.

I've also quit smoking.

Now my only bad habbit is drinking...LOL

Oh, I'm 35

JRSC00LUDE
02-26-2008, 03:54 PM
haha, maybe! I don't do red bull unless it's a jag-bomb or take protein powders/supplements. I always have avg'd about 2 lites of water a day and now I'm trying to add 2 litres of green tea to that as per Darkane's advice but it's hard!

My major bad habit is drinking, we'll see how the blood tests think my liver is doing. Maybe I'll have a change of tune in a few weeks! :eek:

analbumcover
02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
haha, maybe! I don't do red bull unless it's a jag-bomb or take protein powders/supplements. I always have avg'd about 2 lites of water a day and now I'm trying to add 2 litres of green tea to that as per Darkane's advice but it's hard!

My major bad habit is drinking, we'll see how the blood tests think my liver is doing. Maybe I'll have a change of tune in a few weeks! :eek:

and to think i called you a role model :cry:

JRSC00LUDE
02-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

and to think i called you a role model :cry:

Sorry, I will start taking protein powder so you feel better. Maybe I'll even mix it with red bull.

bashir26
02-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover
Last night i got a real nice hookah, i set everything up and myself and a couple of friends were smoking some melon flavoured tobacco, after about 10 minutes, 2 of us started to get real sick, long story short i ended up throwing up suicide hot wings and burning my insides all over again :cry:

Am i doing something wrong here or am i just new to this?

wow same thing happened to me when I set up my own hookha. I did everything right. I even got someone else to set it up for me. The end result everytime was me throwing up. I dont have a problem smoking at place like brava and no I'm not new at this.