PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question about mustard.

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 12:16 PM
I love regular old yellow mustard on things like farmers sausage etc.

I always buy French's brand but it no longer tastes "mustardy" enough. Are there any more powerful yellow mustards on the market? I think it's because the principle ingredient is vinegar and I'm too used to vinegar now. I could take a cup of vinegar and drink it with a smile.

No, this is not a joke. Seriously.

ZorroAMG
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Um.......http://mymbonline.com/forum/images/smiles/iough.gif

adam c
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
perhaps its the mustard seed you are getting used to

BokCh0y
02-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I love regular old yellow mustard on things like farmers sausage etc.

I always buy French's brand but it no longer tastes "mustardy" enough. Are there any more powerful yellow mustards on the market? I think it's because the principle ingredient is vinegar and I'm too used to vinegar now. I could take a cup of vinegar and drink it with a smile.

No, this is not a joke. Seriously.

i'd like to see you pound back a jug of vinegar. i'll buy you some grey poupon in return.

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Um.......http://mymbonline.com/forum/images/smiles/iough.gif

:rofl:

I know! It's freaking retarded but I'm sitting here eating my lunch and realizing for the second time this week that my mustard just can't "cut the mustard" anymore. I don't know what to do about it.

Originally posted by BokCh0y

i'd like to see you pound back a jug of vinegar. i'll buy you some grey poupon in return.

I said I could drink a cup of it if I WANTED to, not a jug! :eek:

Kloubek
02-22-2008, 12:21 PM
You can drink down a cup if vinegar with a smile?

Wow... I really should get to know you better... (jk)

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
You can drink down a cup if vinegar with a smile?

Wow... I really should get to know you better... (jk)

Gay much?? :eek:

Seriously though, I haven't had this big of a lunch dilemma since the whole Quizno's thing. I just want a yellow mustard that "cut's the mustard" so to speak. Is that too much to ask for?

BokCh0y
02-22-2008, 12:26 PM

I said I could drink a cup of it if I WANTED to, not a jug! :eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'd still like to see you pound back a CUP of vinegar then :D That's definitly worth a spoon or two of grey poupon.

$lick_rYz
02-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by adam c
perhaps its the mustard seed you are getting used to

lol

adam c
02-22-2008, 12:32 PM
have you tried this mustard?

Mustard (http://gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/baby/_more2006/_more04/nappy-disposable-soiled-filled-by-breast-feeding-4-four-month-old-baby-girl-mustard-yellow-colour-closeup-1-DHD.jpg)

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 12:33 PM
^

I'm honestly too scared to find out if that is work safe or not....

adam c
02-22-2008, 12:34 PM
haha yea it is

considering im sitting here at work as well

Tik-Tok
02-22-2008, 12:47 PM
^

yeah, with http://gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/baby/_more2006/_more04/nappy-disposable-soiled-filled-by-breast-feeding-4-four-month-old-baby-girl-mustard-yellow-colour-closeup-1-DHD.jpg

as the link title, I don't think I'll be following that one

FreakinPrince
02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
how about making your own..that way you can control the seeds if that what you are getting used to?!?!

D'z Nutz
02-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'd still like to see you pound back a CUP of vinegar then :D That's definitly worth a spoon or two of grey poupon.

I love mustard, but I think grey poupon's actually pretty gross. But then again, I'm not a fan of white wine.

Dave P
02-22-2008, 12:58 PM
http://www.northerner.com/html/mat-kt-slotts-starksenap-200g.html

or

Robert May’s Strong Mustard

150 ml white wine vinegar

1 large onion

10 ml sugar

5 ml ground ginger
100 g mustard powder

2.5 ml white pepper

10 ml grated horseradish

Finely chop the peeled onion and soak it in the vinegar, with the horseradish, for 30 minutes. Then strain it through a sieve over a bowl, pushing it through with either the back of a spoon or the fingers, to extract all the juice. Discard the onion left in the sieve.

Mix in the remaining ingredients. (NB–This recipe makes a memorably powerful mustard. It should be used sparingly by those unused to traditional mustards of the English variety!)

Ripper
02-22-2008, 01:06 PM
I love mustard too. You can try grainy mustard it has more of an edge to it.

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

^

Awesome!!! Thanks! :drool:

theken
02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
theres this powdered mustard made by kerns, you add hot water to the powder and it get very spicy i love it, my grandma gives it to me, best mustard ever thats kerns with a k

Jlude
02-22-2008, 01:16 PM
^

don't open it... it's probably just a link to a pair of Ugg boots he's looking to buy, he just wants a guy's opinion on how they look.

szw
02-22-2008, 01:19 PM
What do you mean by mustardy? Do you mean the taste or the 'spicyness'?

Anywhere there are tons of different types of mustard, just keep trying different ones. I bought one labeled extra spicy from a UK brand that is just ridiculous + awesome, and it was just off the shelf in a grocery store (not in Calgary). If none of the store bought ones are ok, i'm sure just like hot sauce, they have some online stores specializing in this crap.

Dave P
02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1hqgy0CEeo

Mustard uhh behold
hahahahaha
The story ends that I rather not have told
Of a mustard mayhem

Oh baby
'N I'm running in my sleep
The mustard man
He chases me until at sunrise
And fucks me and his mom really bad

Mustard man whoa, whoa bow down
The most of you
I am on the ground
I will sell your mustard shit
Lick your ass and it aren’t open
I will march for you mustard man; I'd lick you bad

Wu, Wu when I shit, when I try to run away mustard man whipped me
With his mustard chain, and his mustard seeds pissed in my face
And I bleed.

Mustard

Did he? You think it's hot, which I don't need jeans they've got
Liquored, and they've got Bruce Lee'd, Mustard in my dreams. Whoa!

Mustard you're not all I need will it for you is hot
I feel pleasure, won't you please serve me twice tonight I'd eat
Wu, Wu
Mustard seeds that I got set up in my head
Jam them with some sugarcane; measured so good I've not fear not pain

Wu Wu mustard makes me cry, I hate it.
Suicide

I'd rather die, than meet mustard flies, in a bowl of shits
That Damn Black Flag.
You don’t know how it feels to have a girl break my heart.
And rip it out, into a mustard
Chili running from mustard, never!

Mustard God, don’t take away from me, the pleasure of a young girl, who? I’m gonna marry you.

I’ve got a broken heart from a mustard girl. She rocks my world, and now I’m allergic and on my knees and deserted.

Mustard down loads in the wrong, I need a piece of shit, a lot of seal my hands with mustard, Wu, Wu, I don’t need that ala custard, um

Mustard
Marching for Mr. Mustard.

Urh, uh, oh, oh yeah…

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by szw
Anywhere there are tons of different types of mustard, just keep trying different ones. I bought one labeled extra spicy from a UK brand that is just ridiculous + awesome, and it was just off the shelf in a grocery store (not in Calgary). If none of the store bought ones are ok, i'm sure just like hot sauce, they have some online stores specializing in this crap.

Those are good suggestions, thanks. I do have other mustards for other purposes but for things like farmer's sausage I like my mustard like I like my women, Yellow.

Tik-Tok
02-22-2008, 01:41 PM

I like my mustard like I like my women, Yellow.

You like jaundice in your mustard?... weird.

JRSC00LUDE
02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

You like jaundice in your mustard?... weird.

I know, I have some deep-rooted psychological issues that have resulted in some downright disgusting fetishes. I'm trying to work through it but, well.... :dunno:

adam c
02-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

don't open it... it's probably just a link to a pair of Ugg boots he's looking to buy, he just wants a guy's opinion on how they look.

u fag..

:rofl: :rofl:

250and3
02-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Head to the spice section of any grocery store and pick up some of the powdered mustard. Make your own with just a little water.
I've got a tin of Club House brand that I use for recipes. Very "mustardy" to my taste.
Frenchs tastes more like vinegar than mustard. sick.
I use the grainy mustard on sandwiches. Currently working my way through a jar of Kiihne brand. It's pretty mild though.

MrSector9
02-24-2008, 12:17 PM
the cheaper brands at most stores have the more mustardy taste, like our compliments in the plastic squeeze bottle is alot stronger then frenchs, cheap to try also :)

szw
02-25-2008, 05:44 AM

Those are good suggestions, thanks. I do have other mustards for other purposes but for things like farmer's sausage I like my mustard like I like my women, Yellow.

Not sure if you understood me correctly. My mustard is yellow too (well a darker yellow now the bright stuff) and its just super spicy. I always put too much and end up coughing after each bite. I'd say its a lot closer to wasabi than normal mustard. anyways i just checked and its called Hot English Mustard made by Mastercraft made in australia. Not sure if this helps you in Calgary but just giving you my experience of this mustard that kicks my ass everytime i eat it.

JRSC00LUDE
02-26-2008, 08:32 AM
^

Thanks, I will find it and try it!