PDA

View Full Version : Dealership/Nissan not taking responsibility when you have warrentee....

Shift_Perform
02-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Beyonders..

I recently bought a new nissan, and its less then 4 months old, the problem arose in about 1 month of driving it

The clutch started clicking, and the dealership has looked at it 3 or 4 times already. But they keep saying they cant find a problem, and thats all they can say. The clutch clicks and once in a while, it does NOT come back up. They have also said to me that the clutch is normal, and its suppose to click. The clicking is not one or 2 clicks, its 15 LOUD clicks til it hits the bottom.

now my car is stated to have 3 year warrentee, but i can garentee if i didnt have warentee, they would have fixed it in no time and charged me a gazillion dollars.

UPDATE**
As of right now, all i have done is filed a complaint on the dealership, but nothing seems to be happening. Does anyone have any idea how i could get nissan to take actual responsibility of my car since it is suppose to have warrentee? Should i get a newspaper article written up on how nissan's warrentee is no more then just a sucker term to draw people to buying their cars?

8 months since problem arose from my car, sunridge nissan starts to take my clutch seriously.
Went to sunridge nissan about 6 or 7 times for "Diagnosing"
Then the parts replaced/fixed/tweaked
Trial #1 : Replaced Clutch Pedal...No help at all
Trial #2 : Tweaked something to match factory specs.. No go again
Trial #3: Replaced MASTER cylinder... clutch was good for a week, then NO GO AGAIN
Trial #4 : Replaced slave cylinder and some pipes...NO CHANGE AGAIN

The manager now is stating he can not do anything more for my clutch, as he has done EVERYTHING he could, and is leaving it AS-IS. What the fuck is warranty if the product he tried fixing so many times is still not fixed? I know my clutch is a defect, not a broken or worn out issue

I call nissan canada, and those dogs tell me to contact the General manager of my dealership. They are not responible for my car unless the dealership states there is a problem and can pin point the issue. This is another load of crap because the head mechanic of sunridge nissan was honest with me and said that his is definetly a problem, and is not suppose to be like so. But the manager says its done, not doing anything more to it, and is leaving it as is, while telling nissan canada that the clutch is fine.

Nissan Dealerships and Nissan Canada's relationship is this :
Customer has issue, goes to dealership, dealership tell customer to call nissan canada, customer then calls Nissan Canada, Nissan canada then tells customer to go to a Nissan dealer....

There way of customer treatment is to pull there tail. This cycle has not ended for me since NOVEMBER of 2007, 1 month after i bought my spanking new car for 39grand

In the US there is a law called the LEMON LAW, which pretty much means if you car has ONE problem not fixed in 4 trials, it is considered a defective vechicle. And car company (ie nissan honda) will have to buy back there vechicle or replace the entire car.

Please beyonders, give a brother a good suggestion on what i should do! lawsuit is my best bet, but i seriously dont have that kind of cash right now. And i have no law suit/ dealing with lawyers experience

ercchry
02-23-2008, 01:59 PM
go to another nissan dealership :dunno:

SR240SX
02-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Which dealership are you dealing with?

Shift_Perform
02-23-2008, 02:20 PM
stadium nissan.

the problem is, i go to the uofc, and i live near there. so i havent had the time try a new dealership

but even if another dealership does there job, this dealership should be shut down and not be doing business

i will be goin to a different dealership in a week or 2, but if the same situation happens what should i be doing?

ianmcc
02-23-2008, 02:41 PM
My money is on the throwout bearing.
What kind of car is this-I hear the 350's have had some clutch problems.

dj_rice
02-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Ask to speak to upper management at Stadium Nissan, if that doesnt work, contact Nissan Canada

5hift
02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
its funny I saw this thread as I was about to create one for the same place.

I've been trying to help out my little sister with similar problems she is having with both Stadium Nissan and Nissan Canada.

She bought a 04 Sentra that also had that 3 year extended warrentee on it. The rear brakes make a lot of noise when you press the brakes, and although it doesnt effect the stopping power, something defenitely does not sound right.

I took her car in as they were not taking her seriously, despite her complaining of the problem every time she got her car serviced, and her extended warrentee was approaching its end date. There is some brown kid who's uncle owns Stadium and he runs it for him. This kid conducts himself like he himself owns Nissan. So much arrogance all you want to do is knock this kid out. I explained what the problem was to him. And he repeated what I said to him using quotation marks with his fingers and he'd check it out.

They supposidly did something, and the noise was gone, but the it came back when I was halfway to bringing the car back to my sister. I go back and they refuse to accept any responsbiliy or admit something is wrong. I was told if Im still not happy to contact Nissan Canada, which I did. I call them, and am given an email address to contact. Send off a email, and after no reply for 2 weeks, I call back, and am told that I have to wait as this process takes time.

Its been half a year of trying to get these brakes fixed, and now the extended warrentee has expired, Stadium has said they wont look at it at all and to stick to trying to contact Nissan Canada.

The dealerships are hiding behnd Nissan Canada, and Nissan Canada has just made it impossible to get ahold of anyone in a position to do anything.

dj_rice
02-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Same situation happened to another Beyonder, IIRC it was at Fish Creek Nissan, he demanded to talk to upper management about same situation ur dealing with and got his problem solved...talk to upper management...dont deal with service managers and yada yada

MaDpOo
02-23-2008, 04:25 PM
My friend has had a similar problem at the Nissan by the stadium as well...

He was forced to pay for parts that was covered under his warranty...

They are very good at manipulating you to think that you have caused the damage :whipped:

Shift_Perform
02-23-2008, 05:15 PM
what is warrentee literrally?

they can say u broke it or its YOUR fault, not factory. But the car had this noise at 500km (BRAND NEW FUCKEN CAR)

by the way

this is hte new 3.5 ALTIMA COUPE...pretty disappointed..

dj_rice
02-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Shift_Perform
what is warrentee literrally?

they can say u broke it or its YOUR fault, not factory. But the car had this noise at 500km (BRAND NEW FUCKEN CAR)

by the way

this is hte new 3.5 ALTIMA COUPE...pretty disappointed..

Bring it back in, and bitch, co-worker of mine just bought 07 Civic, his door was creaking very weird, Honda fixed it free of charge cuz he has the new car warranty....

If you dont bitch and make a stand, then obviously their gonna take advantage of you and all that, dont be a pushover and they will fix it...

Heres the thread with another Nissan Dealership..do exactly what the OP did and you'll get results...(TALK TO THE GM)

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/205184/problem-with-a-dealership-looking-for-some-of-your-input-/

kevie88
02-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Dealer service managers are usually surly bastards because all day, every day they deal with people who think that they know everything about cars (but somehow can't figure out problems themselves..) who basically sit there and tell them how to do their jobs... People need to lighten the fuck up on these people, they are the people who are going to be helping you out after all.

Leave the attitude at home when you are getting your car servced and I guarantee the service manager will be more receptive to your needs. Also, You'd be amazed how far an XL Double Double and a box of timbits will get you!!

topmade
02-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Stadium Nissan = :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
Had the same issue with them. We just bought a used pathfinder that was still under warranty and in less then a week the power locks wouldn't work. Would not lock at all. Jackass service guy said "Maybe it's supposed to be like that". I laughed at him and said what kind of car would not let you lock the doors, even when your driving 100km on deerfoot with kids in the back. Anyhow, he said we'd have to pay for them to check it out, I left and took it to Brasso Nissan who took care of the problem with no questions asked.

breeamertt smyl
02-23-2008, 05:58 PM
you know the thing is that a dealership makes more money off of doing warrenty work then anything else. for example if a dealership charges 110 dollars an hour for labor, the warrenty rate would be around 125 dollars. so if a customer has a warrenty problem they would jump all over it. and did you ever take the tech or the service manager for a drive and physically show him what your talking about? cause some times its hard to replicate a problem over a work order.

and warrenty is a manufacter defect in the vehicle. so if a problem happens that was caused by weather, wear and tear, or your driving and even modifications to the vehicle. and when i mean mods i mean anything like rims, aftermarket exhaust, or air intake that are not made by the manufactor, your warrenty could be void. this is why GM makes bolt on performance and accesories for there vehicles so that your warrenty is not void.

And in your case it is actually costing the dealership more money not to find the problem cause they have to pay the tech to take your vehicle for a test drive, then come back write up that they couldnt replicate the problem.

and if they still give you a hard time the best thing is to take it back to the dealership you bought it from. cause the true is in the industry if you bought a car from a dealership and took it to me to service i would treat you the same way but our customers would always have priority over you. and as a dealership they tend to do go the extra mile for there own customers.

oh and it doesnt matter what brand of vehicle you buy all the warrenty and the mentality behind what i said is the same. warrenty does not cover anything but manufactor defects.

breeamertt smyl
02-23-2008, 06:01 PM
worst comes to worst talk to your sales person and trust me they would be more than happy and willing to help you fix your situation and they will even go to upper management for you to make sure it gets fixed.

danlowteg
02-23-2008, 06:23 PM

breeamertt smyl
02-23-2008, 06:42 PM
well that might be true for nissan. i know that it isnt the same for GM because my family currently owns 2 dealerships and i worked as a service writer so i had to deal with complaints such as this. and truefully if the nissan dealership is not giving you enough time to work on a job cause i imagine your flat rate if i'm correct , you should consider switching dealerships. i know that the average efficency rate for my dealership is 112% which you would know, is that majority of the techs are completing jobs under the required time. which in the end means more money for you as a tech and also means that the manufactor is giving a realistic amount of time to perform a job. and the actual numbers we charge and is standard for all GM stores is 110 an hour for over the counter work, and 122.85 for warrenty. the reason this is set up so that dealerships are not trying to charge customers work that is under warrenty just so they can make more money.

danlowteg
02-23-2008, 06:45 PM

breeamertt smyl
02-23-2008, 06:51 PM
ya i guess. nothing we can do i about it... just have to buy GM ! hahaha

Sharpie
02-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by breeamertt smyl
well that might be true for nissan. i know that it isnt the same for GM because my family currently owns 2 dealerships and i worked as a service writer so i had to deal with complaints such as this. and truefully if the nissan dealership is not giving you enough time to work on a job cause i imagine your flat rate if i'm correct , you should consider switching dealerships. i know that the average efficency rate for my dealership is 112% which you would know, is that majority of the techs are completing jobs under the required time. which in the end means more money for you as a tech and also means that the manufactor is giving a realistic amount of time to perform a job. and the actual numbers we charge and is standard for all GM stores is 110 an hour for over the counter work, and 122.85 for warrenty. the reason this is set up so that dealerships are not trying to charge customers work that is under warrenty just so they can make more money.
Please stop talking, techs do not get paid more for warranty work. That makes no fucking sense because if they did, they would be changing shit left right and center.

Also what dealerships does your family own?

nusneak
02-23-2008, 07:35 PM
ya i guess. nothing we can do i about it... just have to buy GM ! hahaha
Gm is not any better... My mom's new chevy Epica is LOADED with problems, my brothers girlfriend got one of those trucks that replaced the S10.. Little while later then canceled the 5 cyl engine :thumbsdow . The Sunroof FELL off the rails or whatever more then one time, it has been back to Chevy over 7 times for the sunroof, different story every time. Once they finally got it fixed, there was a huge dent on the roof. They acknowledged it and said they would fix it, they never fixed it and tried to claim it 'went away' when you can still see it.

My bro also bought a brand new 1 ton diesel 08, it was leaking transmission fluid within the first week, the 4x4 stopped working, and the cd player stopped working within the first month. :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

spikerS
02-23-2008, 08:00 PM
when my brother bought his new 04 pathfinder from stadium nissan, at 477 kms, the transfer case pretty much grenaded on him while driving into calgary. Had ama tow it over, and stadium stated that it would not be covered under warranty because it was from "off road use", well if you consider the gravel driveway, i guess they were right.

they refused to fix it, so we pushed it onto the street, right at the entrance to the dealership and got a neon green poster board. wrote a message like "nissan waranty is a scam, ask us why" and attached it to the vehicle while we sat in lawn chairs on a saturday.

Didn't take long for them to come out and push the pathfinder into a service bay and fix it under warranty.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Going by his username, I'm going to guess that Smyl Chev-Olds up in Whitecourt is one of them. Not a bad dealership, actually - at least it was when I lived there.

Kavy
02-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Just do what I did when my STi struts started squeaking

I walked it said they squeak, its pissing me off I want it fixed and im not paying a penny. When he started in on his "blah Blah" story i dropped the keys on the counter with my business card and walked away.

Follow what the other people say, dont say ok ok say no no no fix it.

mark4091
02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Demand they fix it, or call the head nissan guy.

Shift_Perform
02-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Hmm the thing is they know its a problem.... i had one of the techs PULL up the clutch themselves (when the clutch was stuck)

i was like "im not seeing things right?" u see it sunk down there and not poping back up, and then he says il book u in, then the day i go in, he said we dont see it stuck? ....well he DID, and now hes saying its not stuck so he wont do anything about it and go blablblablah, so i said i want to talk to your manager, and he quickly changes his attitude....

im ganna stick with this nissan until i get it fixed, cause i feel like pissing them off as much as they pissed me off haha

if not il go to brasso

breeamertt smyl
02-24-2008, 12:37 AM
ya that makes sense. when you caught him lieing to you, then you know that its something wrong with the dealership. i have a good friend that has been in the industry for years and when i say years i mean like 45 years. he is a service manager at a nissan dealership if you would like i would be more than happy to give you his number and let him kow what is going on. i forget what dealership he works at but its in calgary but this guy is very creditable. nissan sent him to japan in 1989 to meet the designers of the skyline and got to drive one of the first ones made ever! and they have only sent something like 2 or 3 guys from canada on that trip so he has connections in very high places.

Shift_Perform
02-24-2008, 12:41 AM
you got PMed!!

breeamertt smyl
02-24-2008, 12:52 AM
oh sharpie, i didnt say that the techs are getting paid more for warrenty i'm saying that the dealership makes more money off of warrenty, well at least GM dealerships do. and what i mean by a tech making more money is that i'm assuming you know what flat rate is, and GM gives the techs a resonable time to work on the selected job. for example, oil change on average would cost 0.6 hours for a diesel, our average tech would take anywhere from 0.4-0.5 hours to complete it but there getting paid for 0.6. so in our dealership an average tech can get paid for around 9.5-10.0 hours but only working 8.0 hours. if you want me too i can go more indepth about it.

and yes my grandfather owns the one in whitecourt. my father owns one in high level alberta as well.

MrSector9
02-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Cannot comment about GM itself but I know atv/motorcycle warranty is the same way, get paid flat rate, usually it is impossible to do most jobs in the allocated time however, and also they manufacturer pays at less then door rate for the work, they raise the rate they pay at after techs complete full training on their brand BUT it still does not equal door rate.

As for Kavy if you had done that to me your car would have been waiting for you at the impound lot, because soon as your dropped your keys and walked away, with an attitude like you are portraying right now I would have marked it down as an abandoned vehicle and had it towed.

Like kevie88 says, most people have NO IDEA about what it is like to directly deal with customers, I am in the motorsport business and I have to say I REALLY pity most auto shops and the folks that work there.

then again also depending on where you work you are always babysitting and fixing problems for people that do not do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

As for the OP's problem, just go in and talk to the general manager, if he is not willing to help then go to another dealership, do not walk in with a bad attitude or demanding anything, tell him how it is and if he is at all proficient in his position then he will fix the problem and go the extra step to make you happy, if he does not... then why do you even want to go back?

everyday I go out of my way to help people and get stuff done, usually even when they are overly pissed off I will go the extra step to try to make them as happy as possible by giving discounts, free parts or free labour... whatever I have to do to try to sway the guys opinion at least on myself and how I do my own job is done....

yeah I understand your product has failed in some way and you had to take some time off work to bring it in, but there is no reason to treat the one guy that is going to help you and get your stuff done correct like shit.

ZMan2k2
02-24-2008, 11:12 AM
What you may want to do is look for model specific forums, and see if there is a TSB on the clicking sound that you're hearing. Alot of times, if the dealer is kinda shady, they may refuse to do something, until presented with the paperwork showing that it's a common problem and should be fixed. I've done it before with my old car, and it worked. The dealer kept telling me the problem I was having was normal. I found the TSB on a forum, printed it, brought it in, and the service manager looked at it and said, "Oh, that problem. Yeah, we can fix that."

Shift_Perform
02-24-2008, 03:04 PM
what if the clutch cause me to have an accident? then is nissan responsible since ive been goin down there every week trying to get this solved? my clutch making noise is one thing, but it gets stuck once in a while, and it HAS TO BE manually pulled up, or it will stay down

this is bs im ganna call the manager tomorrow and see wat he has to say, i am not goin down to this shop again even if the manager says he will do something, i will demand him to replace my clutch but have this done in a different dealership, cause i do not trust those dirt bag mechanic/service guys there

DonJuan
02-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

I took her car in as they were not taking her seriously, despite her complaining of the problem every time she got her car serviced, and her extended warrentee was approaching its end date. There is some brown kid who's uncle owns Stadium and he runs it for him. This kid conducts himself like he himself owns Nissan. So much arrogance all you want to do is knock this kid out. I explained what the problem was to him. And he repeated what I said to him using quotation marks with his fingers and he'd check it out.

I believe you are speaking of Sunridge Nissan.

RiceCooker
02-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by spikers
when my brother bought his new 04 pathfinder from stadium nissan, at 477 kms, the transfer case pretty much grenaded on him while driving into calgary. Had ama tow it over, and stadium stated that it would not be covered under warranty because it was from "off road use", well if you consider the gravel driveway, i guess they were right.

they refused to fix it, so we pushed it onto the street, right at the entrance to the dealership and got a neon green poster board. wrote a message like "nissan waranty is a scam, ask us why" and attached it to the vehicle while we sat in lawn chairs on a saturday.

Didn't take long for them to come out and push the pathfinder into a service bay and fix it under warranty.

I AM AFRAID I HAVE TO CALL BULLSHIT ON THIS ONE.

blownz
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Nissan dealers seem to be really bad in Edmonton too. We have almost completely stopped buying Nissans because they end up in for service just as much if not more than the Fords and GM's and the dealers are brutal to deal with and take forever to get work done so our Nissans end up with by far the worst utilization rates.

drtoohotty1
02-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

I believe you are speaking of Sunridge Nissan.

ya your right, i know the owners of stadium and there is no "brown kid" there

DonJuan
02-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by RiceCooker

I AM AFRAID I HAVE TO CALL BULLSHIT ON THIS ONE.

:werd:

drtoohotty1

ya your right, i know the owners of stadium and there is no "brown kid" there

:werd:

phrozen
02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Shift_Perform
what if the clutch cause me to have an accident? then is nissan responsible since ive been goin down there every week trying to get this solved? my clutch making noise is one thing, but it gets stuck once in a while, and it HAS TO BE manually pulled up, or it will stay down

this is bs im ganna call the manager tomorrow and see wat he has to say, i am not goin down to this shop again even if the manager says he will do something, i will demand him to replace my clutch but have this done in a different dealership, cause i do not trust those dirt bag mechanic/service guys there

You want to know what the really funny part is...

A clutch, no matter how much you bitch and moan,

is not covered under warranty, pretty shitty isn't it?:eek:

Also brakes fall into this same situation, regardless of

how new the car is people all drive differently and if these

were under warranty they'd be getting changed weekly

by some people, and what dealership wants to spend that

much money on cars under warranty.

Shift_Perform
09-06-2008, 02:42 AM
BUMPING MY OLD THREAD WITH UPDATE!

DRKM
09-06-2008, 06:59 AM
oh sharpie, i didnt say that the techs are getting paid more for warrenty i'm saying that the dealership makes more money off of warrenty, well at least GM dealerships do. and what i mean by a tech making more money is that i'm assuming you know what flat rate is, and GM gives the techs a resonable time to work on the selected job. for example, oil change on average would cost 0.6 hours for a diesel, our average tech would take anywhere from 0.4-0.5 hours to complete it but there getting paid for 0.6. so in our dealership an average tech can get paid for around 9.5-10.0 hours but only working 8.0 hours. if you want me too i can go more indepth about it.

and yes my grandfather owns the one in whitecourt. my father owns one in high level alberta as well.

That is called working flat rate. And after working at 3 dealerships (1 light duty and 2 heavy duty) in my time I can assure you that you don't get nearly as much time for warranty work as you do with customer pay jobs.

For example for a clutch in a Volvo (Heavy duty)- warranty pays you exactly 2.4 hours. Now that time is impossible to make. If it was a customer pay job we would charge 8 to 10 hours.

Think about it.

Warranty jobs pay FUCK ALL! Techs hate doing them and that is why a large majority of the time drivablity and preformance problems go on for so long even after multiple trips to the dealer.

I just don't want beyonders to get some kind of convoluted story in there mind about how dealerships are making tons of cash off of Warranty work. Cause they are not!

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Please stop talking, techs do not get paid more for warranty work. That makes no fucking sense because if they did, they would be changing shit left right and center.

:werd: Alot of techs hate warranty work because it usually doesnt pay the time that it should.

Akagi Redsuns
09-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Have you looked into the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan ( http://www.camvap.ca/eng/consumers_guide.htm) ?

No personal experience with them, so I don't if it would helpful or a waste of time, but their motto of fairness and whatnots does sound good :)

I found out very fast how useless the "powertrain" warranty was for my Toyota when I needed something fixed. If a part wasn't on a pre-defined list, no warranty....even if it's part of the powertrain. So much for my plan that if I went to dealership for all my service intervals, I would be looked after. Haggling with the coporate office and dealership was not fun. Thankfully all the services before 65,000 kms was cheap. Never set foot inside a dealer after that for service and it would take a lot to consider buying a brand-new Toyota.

Shift_Perform
09-06-2008, 03:34 PM
yes, my reason for all these concerns are, my car was new off the lot, and already had the problem, and now its been 9 months close to 10, and yet nothing solved

I find this scary for those who are expecting new car warranty to be covering there ass's

I also find Nissans quality control is terrible, vs Honda and such
Nissan will look and feel good for a little bit, after a year or so it is worse then a 10 year old honda. Hondas are definetly built to last, and well nissan...its a nissan

What i am goin to do to retaliate against nissan for there customer service and poor back up of there products, first i am goin to try and find a lawyer willing to file up a case for free, and he will get the comission if case is won (most do not like this, but hopefully il find one)

Second, if i lose the case, il be spreading my story all over the north american car forums, nissan forums and such

Us consumers are the little people here, and i know how it feels when we are being raped in the ass because of bad products and irresponsible companies that stated 3 warrenty