PDA

View Full Version : WTB(WhereToBuy?): Component extention cable...

Thaco
02-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I need a 3 foot (actually only need 1 foot, but i assume the shortest i'll find is 3 foot) extension cable for composite RCA cables (red white yellow), it must be an extension cable, male on one end, female on the other end, not male and male.

Anybody know where to find one of these for a decent price locally?

I've checked all the usual suspects, bestbuy, futureshop, walmart, the source, ACC...

My next option is going to monoprice, but i'd rather have it now, since i can't complete my car video install without it.

thisbkev2
02-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Sounds like you're looking for composite cables. Not component. You might want to check out The Source (formerly Radio Shack) or maybe even Princess Auto.

Thaco
02-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by thisbkev2
Sounds like you're looking for composite cables. Not component. You might want to check out The Source (formerly Radio Shack) or maybe even Princess Auto.

Yeah, it is composite, mybad.

i did check the source, problem is nobody carries the male-female it's all Male-Male

SNAATCH
02-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Component is red blue green, composite is red white yellow. You will have to just buy some regular composite cable along with some RCA pass throughs which are female on both ends.

Thaco
02-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by SNAATCH
Component is red blue green, composite is red white yellow. You will have to just buy some regular composite cable along with some RCA pass throughs which are female on both ends. i know that's an option, but i'd rather avoid that if possible

SNAATCH
02-23-2008, 08:50 PM
similar to these but without the snap in, I can get some for you if you can't find em.

http://images.cableorganizer.com/leviton/quickport/40830-connector-s.jpg

SNAATCH
02-23-2008, 08:51 PM
why can't you just replace the line? Is it for an in wall line?

Thaco
02-23-2008, 08:54 PM
similar to these but without the snap in, I can get some for you if you can't find em.

http://images.cableorganizer.com/leviton/quickport/40830-connector-s.jpg yeah, i'd rather not use those, if worst comes to worst, i have a cable that came with the deck that goes from composite to a 3.5mm (or whatever) plug for use with ipods n stuff, i could just get a female 3.5mm-composite males..

SNAATCH
02-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Oh sorry, didn't know we were talkin car stereo. Female to male RCA's are hard to come by.

Thaco
02-23-2008, 08:59 PM
why can't you just replace the line? Is it for an in wall line?

it's straight out of the deck.