PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons

Supa Dexta
02-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Has anyone else lost interest in the show? Over the last yr or 2, I really have no interest to watch t, and when I do I never find it very good.. I've seen all the old episodes a 1000 times, so never watch them either. I've talked to a few other ppl and no one else is watching it either..

:dunno:

djayz
02-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Its a cartoon when has it ever been interested? its more of a show you watch if its on tv while waiting for a hockey game to start or while friends are over just to laugh at the few jokes.

Same goes for family guy and american dad.

You want real interesting shows...watch Lost or 24 :thumbsup:

sr20s14zenki
02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by djayz
Its a cartoon when has it ever been interested? its more of a show you watch if its on tv while waiting for a hockey game to start or while friends are over just to laugh at the few jokes.

You want real interesting shows...watch Lost or 24 :thumbsup:

Disagree with you 100%, i think lost is gay, and so is 24......but then again...everybody is going to be different. I love it, the people that all criticize family guy and american dad watch pieces of shit like "american idle" and all that other reality tv bullshit. If i want reality...ill go outside.

pf0sh0
02-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Lost and 24 are pretty good, but soemtimes you don't liek them if you don't start watchign from the beginning because by then you don't knwo what the fuck is happening anymore.

"I love it, the people that all criticize family guy and american dad watch pieces of shit like "american idle" and all that other reality tv bullshit. If i want reality...ill go outside."

Thats just a generalization, you don't know fo' sho' what everyone is watching, but I'll give you a hint.

PRON

Proboscis
02-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Ya after I saw the Simpsons movie, I just lost interest.

sr20s14zenki
02-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
Lost and 24 are pretty good, but soemtimes you don't liek them if you don't start watchign from the beginning because by then you don't knwo what the fuck is happening anymore.

"I love it, the people that all criticize family guy and american dad watch pieces of shit like "american idle" and all that other reality tv bullshit. If i want reality...ill go outside."

Thats just a generalization, you don't know fo' sho' what everyone is watching, but I'll give you a hint.

PRON

haha yah prolly, but no seriously, the people that ive ran into generally are like "simpsons, south park, family guy, etc...suck"

so im like, well what do you like "oh well i love american idle, trading spaces, survivor"

gay

pf0sh0
02-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I dunno, cartoons are still pimp.

cityhunter2501
02-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I rarely watch tv now.
but I always try to catch Family Guy at 9, Futurama at 9:30, Simpsons at 10 and South Park at 10:30.

but I never cared about the simpsons after season 10, 12 max I would go. same for Family Guy, I care only til S4.

TomcoPDR
02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
I still watch Simpsons, what happened to the War at Home?

lexIS300
02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
haha i was just thinking about this. its gets worse the longer it goes. i hardly laugh at the simpsons anymore. same with family guy.

crx/gsr
02-24-2008, 10:38 PM
The Simpsons are the shit i watch it every nigh at 10 and if i miss that one i watch it at 1 lol...

stevo 27
02-24-2008, 10:46 PM
simpsons, fam guy, american dad and southpark are awsome

BokCh0y
02-24-2008, 11:25 PM
watch the simpsons all the time or at least used to...have to admit, kinda lost interest. But i watch family guy and futurama all the time. Futurama rocks.

Another one i catch sometimes is the one with that purple blob and the big titted android chick. Can't remember the name of that show though.

sr20s14zenki
02-24-2008, 11:26 PM
^^^Tripping The Rift...i have all the seasons.....awesome show

Tik-Tok
02-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Has anyone else lost interest in the show? Over the last yr or 2, I really have no interest to watch t, and when I do I never find it very good.. I've seen all the old episodes a 1000 times, so never watch them either. I've talked to a few other ppl and no one else is watching it either..

:dunno:

Simpsons haven't been decent for about 3-4 seasons now, and personally, I haven't watched a new episode in 2 years.

JAYMEZ
02-25-2008, 03:14 AM
Yah ive noticed that the Simpsons just doesnt do it for me anymore..

I dont watch tv that much anymore , but i always try and watch family guy and futurama..

403Gemini
02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
I hate it when you say you watch Family guy and some simpsons fan boy freaks out saying they steal all of simpsons ideas.

Guess what, simpsons has been on for how long ? Like 13-14 years? They're bound to do everything out there - infact their out of ideas all of the newer episodes are just random crap thrown together... Also the original writers for the simpsons are on with family guy now, it just seems that they can now do the episodes they want with less censorship that they had on the simpsons.

Though i will agree... family guy, simpsons - they've lost their spark to be honest. I dont look forward to new episodes, but watch it when its on... mostly because, well, theres nothing else better on.

Southpark on the other hand... i love it. I hated seasons 1-3 where it was all retarded jokes, but now that they talk about real life events (Teacher sleeping with a kid, is Ike sleeping with his teacher lol "... nice!", Southpark making fun of family guy for airing a picture of mohammad making fun of all the crap that's happened in the world about the cartoonists drawing pictures of mohammad, the Scientology episode, etc) - I think southpark is just getting clever and witty and will survive because they have real world media to feed off of. It just sort of makes you sit back and think "Damn, this world is pretty messed up..."

bulaian
02-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
I still watch Simpsons, what happened to the War at Home?

I think the War at Home got cancelled after a season :(

unfortunately.... because that daughter was :poosie:

Swank
02-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Even though I no longer drop everything to watch Simpsons, I still always get good laughs out of it. But like the OP, my intrest is decreasing over the years.

Hakkola
02-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Love simpsons and southpark. I stopped watching the simpsons a couple years back, but I was bored a couple weeks ago and watched a few of the newest episodes and they were surprisingly good.

Tik-Tok
02-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Guess what, simpsons has been on for how long ? Like 13-14 years? They're bound to do everything out there - infact their out of ideas all of the newer episodes are just random crap thrown together..

Ever see the Southpark episode where Butters is trying to get revenge, but everything he can think of, his friend tells him the "Simpsons did it" already... not that good of an episode, but the idea was hilarious.

finboy
02-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by djayz

You want real interesting shows...watch HBO or showtime shows:thumbsup:

fixed for you

Originally posted by bulaian

I think the War at Home got cancelled after a season :(

unfortunately.... because that daughter was :poosie:

:werd:

kertejud2
02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Compared to the Simpsons of old (Season 2-10), the current show is just an insult to its old self. That being said, its still better than most of the crap on TV, but its like comparing the Gretzky with the Oilers and the Gretzky with the Rangers.

Its tough to keep standards up when the show's prime may very well be the best comedy ever aired on TV. Seinfeld knew when to stop, as Troy McClure once said, "What will happen between now and when the show becomes unprofitable?"

They just lost their good writers and producers and replaced them with people who just can't make the cut. Futurama should have meant the Simpsons could end gracefully, unfortunetely it didn't. Instead Fox drove Futurama into the ground despite it clearly having the potential to be just as good as the Simpsons.

American Dad is basically all the stuff that wasn't good enough to make it into Family Guy (And it seems Family Guy is laced with a bunch of stuff that isn't good enough to make it into Robot Chicken).

Basically all I am left with the satisfy my animated entertainment is Metalocalypse.

finboy
02-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2
Compared to the Simpsons of old (Season 2-10), the current show is just an insult to its old self. That being said, its still better than most of the crap on TV, but its like comparing the Gretzky with the Oilers and the Gretzky with the Rangers.

Its tough to keep standards up when the show's prime may very well be the best comedy ever aired on TV. Seinfeld knew when to stop, as Troy McClure once said, "What will happen between now and when the show becomes unprofitable?"

They just lost their good writers and producers and replaced them with people who just can't make the cut. Futurama should have meant the Simpsons could end gracefully, unfortunetely it didn't. Instead Fox drove Futurama into the ground despite it clearly having the potential to be just as good as the Simpsons.

American Dad is basically all the stuff that wasn't good enough to make it into Family Guy (And it seems Family Guy is laced with a bunch of stuff that isn't good enough to make it into Robot Chicken).

Basically all I am left with the satisfy my animated entertainment is Metalocalypse.

they REALLY need to bring back futurama, it was much better then the simpsons at the time, i just hope they won't make it as bad as the "new" family guy

Quinsonaaa
02-26-2008, 02:22 PM
it still funny. but family guy has taken over :D :clap: