PDA

View Full Version : Careless driving ticket for nothing pls help!!!

elementB16a
02-24-2008, 11:15 PM
okay...

Me and my buddy BOTH JUST got Careless Driving Tickets, Because I was following him, and he was giving me directions.. As we rolled through an intersection, The lights went Yellow,.. So we both accelerated (I went a little faster than i should have, But my buddy stayed Below 45kph.) Through the light... We turn around, because I was heading in the wrong direction to drop a girl off at home... Then as we are about to turn onto Calgary Trail. A cop steps out infront of me while i start to turn.. And another cop steps out infront of my buddy... Any how.. The Cop tells me that he liked the nice little 'Street Race that just went on'... and I question the "Street Race" Comment. Any how.. Both officers talk to eachother after they talk to me and my friend seperately... and I guess they decide that Careless Driving tickets, @ $402 Each, Is what we deserve for exchanging information....

We will be fighting it, but i would like to know what you guys think and what would be best to say.

i did a little bit of research about it and i just think the careless driving ticket was useless for what we have done.

sr20s14zenki
02-24-2008, 11:18 PM
If its the truth and it was a giving directions fuckup, which i have done a MILLION times when i was learning calgary, i think you may get off ok. Just tell the JP your side of the story...im sure he will be good to you if he thinks youre telling the truth

SikAssR1
02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
If its the truth and it was a giving directions fuckup, which i have done a MILLION times when i was learning calgary, i think you may get off ok. Just tell the JP your side of the story...im sure he will be good to you if he thinks youre telling the truth

you serious? honestly, no jp is going to let you off just because he/she might think your telling the truth. Especially for a serious ticket like that.

Canmorite
02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/209063/careless-driving-ticket-for-nothing-pls-help/

Why ya need two threads?

elementB16a
02-24-2008, 11:26 PM
what i concluded we should of had was a excesive noise mufler ticket of 115$ + a uturn ticket of 115$ witch they mention to me that i turned around but it was at least 3 blocks away witch they coulnt see at all on whyte ave. and they coulnt tell if we were speeding since we both stayed into the limit, i was open header was the first day since a 1year that i took the car out. and the next day got pulled over for excesive noise. you guys think if i bring my excesive noise ticket in court to proove them that i was actualy making noise.

i dunno or should i hire a ticket agent ?

elementB16a
02-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/209063/careless-driving-ticket-for-nothing-pls-help/

Why ya need two threads?

sorry for one sec i thought this was the wrong board for it.

Canmorite
02-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by elementB16a

i dunno or should i hire a ticket agent ?

Depends how much they cost...

G-ZUS
02-24-2008, 11:36 PM
go get the disclosure and see what the cop wrote on his copy of the ticket

InLoveWitRSX
02-24-2008, 11:46 PM
well i got a careless driving for taking a unsafe left hand turn, but i got it reduced greatly. just tell the crown your story and they should change it