PDA

View Full Version : Golf Thread...

teknical
02-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Well guys...that time of the year is quickly approaching. The snow is melting, the birds are singing...and golfers are going balistic!

This is going to be a VERY good year for golfing, I can feel it :)

Anyone else as excited as I am? I know Mckenzie is ;)

Also, if anyone feels like booking any tee times at Kananaskis, now is the time to do it. Booking started this morning, and it took me almost 3 hours to get 3 tee times...

If anyone needs to book:
http://www.kananaskisgolf.com/home.html Heres the website, you can do it on there, which seemed to be the quickest for me, or over the phone: 1-877-591-2525

I only went once last year, and I definately have to go again this year. Such a beautiful course, and for the money, you can't go wrong.

bigboom
02-25-2008, 04:28 PM
which 18's did you book on? and for those that are interested greywolf has an early bird package going too.

CaptainReboot
02-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Already booked a round at Kananaskis for Mt. Lorette for May long weekend :thumbsup:

I am so pumped for golf season!

teknical
02-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Nice! Yeah both of mine are on Mt. Kidd, Aug Long weekend and one mid July for my birthday. I'm trying to get one more but the slots filled so quickly, not sure if i'll get to grab one more.

Definately looking forward to the season :thumbsup:

I was talking to my dad early last week, and he was telling me that Shawnee Slopes will no longer be there? Anyone else know any info on this? :dunno:

bigboom
02-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by teknical
Nice! Yeah both of mine are on Mt. Kidd, Aug Long weekend and one mid July for my birthday. I'm trying to get one more but the slots filled so quickly, not sure if i'll get to grab one more.

Definately looking forward to the season :thumbsup:

I was talking to my dad early last week, and he was telling me that Shawnee Slopes will no longer be there? Anyone else know any info on this? :dunno:

has it been confirmed that shawnee slopes is closing? from what i heard and this has been constant discussion among members there is that they are going to take that land in turn it into real estate and scrap the course altogether which would suck for all the people currently living on the course as their real estate value just went down.

CaptainReboot
02-26-2008, 10:38 AM
I've never played Kidd before. This would be my third time on Lorette. We tried to book Kidd but it was all taken.

Did you use the online system or did you call in?

teknical
02-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Online system, I STILL haven't been able to get through on the phone :(

But online works just as well, just have to be patient.

I'm not 100% sure whats going on, I'm still looking into it. But basically that's the plan, they're scraping the entire course and making it real estate. The residence on the course are gonna get screwed, royally screwed.

Mckenzie
02-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Defenitely getting stoked to get the new artillery out!!

And I knew I should have gotten a few tee times at Kananaskis- people at work spent all day trying to get those tee time and I know they got a few each.

Until the green comes I guess its golf-dome!

ShOwOfF
02-27-2008, 02:16 PM
I heard that Fox Hollow is open...does anyone know for sure?

Ajay
02-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Going to be getting me some new wrenches in the next couple of weeks.

Can't wait for the snow to be gone and the sun to be shining and hit the links.

r3cc0s
02-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Man... went out to the range and wow, it's going to take alot of work
I played alot a few years back and still use relatively old equipment which just doesn't suit my swing anymore lol

What do you guys carry?
I was a 4hdcp
Have a set of Ram Tour Grinds Pro-Set (forged blades progressive) on X100s tipped 1 1/2inch (2-5 iron 1deg upright)
Nike Ignite 410 tour w/ Graffoloy Blue X-Stiff on 44"
4 Wood is a trusty Warbird on a Ei70 Tour X-Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio finish (raw)
Cleveland RTG 588 series on X-stiff Rifle spinners

Now that I've lost some flexability and consistancy... time for game improvement tools
I'm thinking to go to the Callaway X20 tours on a set of Rifle project X 6s
Driver wise... I haven't found much that worked longer, but definately easier to hit such as the new G10... so that in a X-stiff might be in the bag shortly

likely will reshaft the wedges.. (well maybe) if I get a new set

bigboom
02-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by r3cc0s
Man... went out to the range and wow, it's going to take alot of work
I played alot a few years back and still use relatively old equipment which just doesn't suit my swing anymore lol

What do you guys carry?
I was a 4hdcp
Have a set of Ram Tour Grinds Pro-Set (forged blades progressive) on X100s tipped 1 1/2inch (2-5 iron 1deg upright)
Nike Ignite 410 tour w/ Graffoloy Blue X-Stiff on 44"
4 Wood is a trusty Warbird on a Ei70 Tour X-Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio finish (raw)
Cleveland RTG 588 series on X-stiff Rifle spinners

Now that I've lost some flexability and consistancy... time for game improvement tools
I'm thinking to go to the Callaway X20 tours on a set of Rifle project X 6s
Driver wise... I haven't found much that worked longer, but definately easier to hit such as the new G10... so that in a X-stiff might be in the bag shortly

likely will reshaft the wedges.. (well maybe) if I get a new set

my set for this year is going to be

TM Burner TP might switch to an FT-5 with a pershing shaft
Titleist 906F2 3 wood 15* loft (Proforce V2), looking for a strong 3 to replace it
Adams Idea Pro Hybrid 18* (Aldilo Proto By You)
Mizuno MP57 in stock S300 shaft, looking maybe at switching them up to an X100
and for wedges gonna play out my ping tour wedges and then switch to some vokeys.
putters ill be alternating between my SC Newport 2.5 stainless, Ping Anser Redwood or my Odyssey black i #9.

how do you like your spinner shafts? i was debating on getting these for my next wedge shaft but i dont like the rest of the projectx shafts or rifle shafts, ive always been more of a DG kinda guy.

r3cc0s
02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Honestly the spinner shaft is alot of hype... low kick point on a reasonably stiff shaft is more than adequate, but I got them both done for under a hundred from my pro back in the peg

I think a G10 with a Graffoloy Blue Stiff X-Stiff is where I'm going for the driver... I always wanted to see what I can get out of a high launch low spin shift/head combo is like out here

I saw a set of Wilson Staff Fi5 on for sale for 8 bills with S300s for sale... quite tempted, but again I'm not sure I have the game to play them anymore

irs
02-29-2008, 04:34 PM
can't wait to get out there!

Make some more divits!

bigboom
02-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by r3cc0s
Honestly the spinner shaft is alot of hype... low kick point on a reasonably stiff shaft is more than adequate, but I got them both done for under a hundred from my pro back in the peg

I think a G10 with a Graffoloy Blue Stiff X-Stiff is where I'm going for the driver... I always wanted to see what I can get out of a high launch low spin shift/head combo is like out here

I saw a set of Wilson Staff Fi5 on for sale for 8 bills with S300s for sale... quite tempted, but again I'm not sure I have the game to play them anymore

the Fi5's are more of a ocmbo set with the cavity in the high and blade in the low so i couldnt see it being too tough.

with the g10 are you going to leave it at a stock ping length though? i like the g10 but i dont like the 45.75" shaft in it and if i cut it down im not sure it has all the effects that ping designed it for. personally i prefer a shorter length driver.

teknical
02-29-2008, 04:38 PM
lol...

I kept my Taylor Made Bubble 2 Burner, shes been good to me. 10.5 Degree. I also have a Ping G5 12 Degree i bought off Mckenzie, and a Wilson Fatboy 7wood (not a bad club for 50 bucks)

Then For my new Irons, I went with the Callaway X-18s, reg flex steel shaft, and a X-forged "Mack Daddy" 56 Degree SW.
I kept my Oddessey putter from last year (White Hot)
Now the only thing left for me to do is replace my Goliath 3/5 woods with either the new Callaway X series fairway, or I may spend the little extra and go with some rapture woods. Nothing matches this year, but I planned it that way :bigpimp: