PDA

View Full Version : Which department to contact regarding court date request?

GITRDUN
02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
I have a received a traffic ticket for a minor traffic violation and have requested a court date to dispute it. It's been over 3 months however, and I've yet to receive anything in the mail. Who can I contact in order to find out what's happening with this situation? I will be leaving the province in a month and would like to have the matter resolved prior to my departure.

Thanks!

GITRDUN
02-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Anyone?

adam c
02-26-2008, 11:36 AM
the court date is listed on the ticket

02-26-2008, 11:45 AM
waiting for the thread title to change to:

"Ok, so i missed my court date, what do i do now?"

GITRDUN
02-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by adam c
the court date is listed on the ticket

Are you implying that a court date is automatically set (and written on the ticket) at the time the officer gives you the fine?

This is my first infraction in Alberta so I haven't dealt with this process before. I'll check my ticket tonight for a court date.

And no, I did not miss my court date - to my knowledge, I've requested it, and never got it.

adam c
02-26-2008, 01:03 PM
when you get your ticket, the office writes the court date on the ticket if you want to appeal it. you then go down to the crown and tell them you want to speak to a judge about your ticket.

for me, they then issued me a new court date to come down, i saw a judge and got my tickets thrown out, since the cop was a douche

GITRDUN
02-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by adam c
when you get your ticket, the office writes the court date on the ticket if you want to appeal it. you then go down to the crown and tell them you want to speak to a judge about your ticket.

for me, they then issued me a new court date to come down, i saw a judge and got my tickets thrown out, since the cop was a douche

Great, thanks. I should have paid closer attention. I'm guessing I missed that court date since the ticket is almost 4 months old now.

schurchill39
02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
And unfortunately if you miss it you automatically plead guilty for it.

marko polo
02-26-2008, 04:15 PM
ya, your screwed.... the date on the ticket isn't the court date . its the date you have to appear before a crown.

rc2002
02-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Last time I booked a court date, I was there in person. It couldn't have been easier - just head down to Rocky Mountain Plaza and they'll schedule a court date for you.

adam c
02-26-2008, 04:24 PM
its not rocky mountain plaza anymore... its this other building on 7th now across from the old court house
nice building, those elevators are so quiet wow

rc2002
02-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Good to know. It's been a while for me. *knock on wood*

I'd imagine the address would be printed on the ticket anyway.