PDA

View Full Version : Walk for Breast Cancer

meed
02-26-2008, 10:19 AM
In July I'm doing the walk for breast cancer. Each walker needs to raise at least $2000 before they walk. I've joined with a team that raised over $20,000 last year... so the expectations are high! If anyone would like to donate, anything helps, just click the link below.

You might ask why I'm doing this, and the answer is pretty simple. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer when I was younger. It's hard to explain, but I know she's always been with me.

Anyway, here's the link, if you feel like donating, thanks a lot!

Click Here (http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Calgary2008?pg=personal&fr_id=1250&fr_id=1250&px=2529656)

Thanks for reading,

-Brian

im2fst4u
02-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Good for you! My wife and mother in-law have been in the walk now for the past 3 years! They have a very aggressive donation campaign starting up here in the near future and perhaps you could pull together and raise even more? If you would like to get in touch with my wife, PM me and I will send you her information

Once again, good for you and all the other walkers out there! They are walking for a cause that deserves our attention from the donation area of our wallets!

I have been to the closing ceremonies with my children and I must say, when you see the number of people that walked for this cause, endured pain and injuries and yet they continue on, that right there is team work at it's best! They know it's all worth it in the end!

To all the walkers out there, thank you for giving your time and commitment to the cause so that my daughter may not face the issues we see today in breast cancer.

Hash_man
02-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I am probably going to be doing the walk with my mother this year... She was diagnosed last year, and so far is in the clear, and I know it would mean a lot to her.

:thumbsup: Big ups to you for doing this as well.. I think it's a great cause, and I will probably nearly kill myself doing it, but I know how much it will mean to my mother.

meed
02-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
I am probably going to be doing the walk with my mother this year... She was diagnosed last year, and so far is in the clear, and I know it would mean a lot to her.

:thumbsup: Big ups to you for doing this as well.. I think it's a great cause, and I will probably nearly kill myself doing it, but I know how much it will mean to my mother.

Yes! From what I've heard it's quite the event. I bought some new runners yesterday, need to some better lungs before the walk. Should be a great time though.