PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST w/mods

stkboost
02-26-2008, 11:57 PM
(SOLD)

mr. benchpress
02-27-2008, 12:10 AM
hey where is the car from? and where and when did you do the majority of the work? thanks,

MARK

mr. benchpress
02-27-2008, 12:12 AM
oh and is it registered in Alberta?

MaDpOo
02-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Ive seen this car before

Very Clean :thumbsup:

stkboost
02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
The car was from California when I bought it in 2002 and has been registered in Alberta since than. Majority of the mods (LSD, Intercooler, BOV, Intake...) were done a few years back and the clutch was replaced last year. Everything except for the transmission work was done by myself and most parts were purchased from a local shop (Auto Dream). Favorite mod by far is the LSD.

Jimmy

cloud9product
02-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey, just wondering about your setup there.

I see you have the SSQV, but it looks like it's not recirculated?
It also looks like you are running the stock MAS, without the MAF-T set up, and venting the BOV to atmos.

How does the car run like that?
Does it stall at idle or ever die?
Smoke between shifts?

I also have a 2G DSM with the SSQV, but I have the recirculation kit and it runs just awesome.

Thanks.

stkboost
02-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by cloud9product
Hey, just wondering about your setup there.

I see you have the SSQV, but it looks like it's not recirculated?
It also looks like you are running the stock MAS, without the MAF-T set up, and venting the BOV to atmos.

How does the car run like that?
Does it stall at idle or ever die?
Smoke between shifts?

I also have a 2G DSM with the SSQV, but I have the recirculation kit and it runs just awesome.

Thanks.

it runs perfect without recirculating the BOV while running the stock MAS... it has never had issues with a bad idle

i think each car reacts differently though

cloud9product
02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
You're right, that's why I asked.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Originally posted by stkboost

it runs perfect without recirculating the BOV while running the stock MAS... it has never had issues with a bad idle

i think each car reacts differently though

Crazyjoker77
02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
the whole venting to atmosphere thing is pretty overblown When i first got my eclipse the only mod that came with it was a vented blitz DD car drove amazing never thought anything of it.

Then i upgraded the transmission which also included a 8lb flywheel now whenever i shifted from 5k rpm and didnt immediatly go into a gear before the rpms fall it would stall out.

So after I got annoyed with this issue i dished out the cash for new intercooler pipes and maf-t.

With the maf-t my stalling issues where gone as well as i was gettin about 100+ km more to a tank...

i think the real issue with venting your bov is if it leaks at idle is when you start gettin into the more serious issues...

ive also tried playing around with a few 1gs and found the stock bov hates being vented but most aftermarket ones you can get away with very lilttle problems.

But if you ask my opinion the Maf-t is 300$ well spent as its proven to increase your gas miliage over venting with the stock mas as well gives you a way to compensate for larger injectors as well as a few other nifty features...

stkboost
02-28-2008, 08:30 PM
c/s

i'll contact all the interested buyers if the sale falls through

stkboost
03-04-2008, 09:18 PM
buyer couldn't come up with the cash... car is back up for grabs

stkboost
03-05-2008, 01:33 AM
got many pm's regarding interior pix so here they are...
even though i didn't list these items above.... to avoid any confusion, the screens/navigation are not included, i still have the original airbags that will be included with the car

stkboost
03-05-2008, 09:58 PM
(SOLD)