PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Hot Pot

shadowz
02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Where have you guys gone for some good Japanese hotpot? Hook me up lol

eblend
02-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Home :) My japanese girlfriend makes it all the time. Had it jus this saturday.

Don't go out much otherwise, sorry can't really help

5G_celica
02-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by eblend
Home :) My japanese girlfriend makes it all the time. Had it jus this saturday.

Don't go out much otherwise, sorry can't really help

huh??? with that reply does that mean you'll hook him up with you girlfriend? hehehheheh j/k

boredengineer
02-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Top floor of dragon city has all you can eat hotpot but eh it's chinese never had japanese hotpot :dunno: I think the place is called the regency?

MackDawg
02-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Sushi Ichy ban on mcleod by chinook has good all you can eat hot pot, aswell all you can eat sushi.

dragonone
02-28-2008, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by boredengineer
Top floor of dragon city has all you can eat hotpot but eh it's chinese never had japanese hotpot :dunno: I think the place is called the regency? :barf: :barf: :barf:

it's called shabu-shabu
several places have it, don't really know which one is good sorry

korean hot pots are delicious as well, just had an awesome pig's bone pot on robson on the weekend

climer
02-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Japanese hotpot?

There are a couple of different kinds but the most popular one out here is Sukiyaki... which is a little different from the "traditional hotpot" in that the flavoring is done in the pot.

Sukiyaki house (Banff?) will obviously have it along with a couple of places like Sushi Hiro.

Shabu-shabu is also a popular type of hotpot but I've never seen it in a restaurant. Probably because it's so simple...