PDA

View Full Version : Subie Tuner

T78Supra1
02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I have a buddy that wants me to partner with him in Opening a Subie and Mitsu Tuner.

Before I agree just wanted to see if there was any interest in this.

He plans to be very specialized, only carrying Perin, Cobb and Harman Motive products. He also plans to have a 4 wheel dyno.

Just doing my homework before I invest.

Let me know what you think

Kartelli
02-27-2008, 02:56 PM
what about nvidia, aps, turbo xs, products for both subie and mitsu?

awd dyno would be awesome, we dont have a true solution as of yet for Alberta except for Light Speed in Red Deer, whos still working out some quirks here and there.

MackDawg
02-27-2008, 02:56 PM
:thumbsup: Subie Tunning
:thumbsup: 4wd dyno FTMFW!!!!

benyl
02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
I thought there was an AWD dyno in Calgary. Expensive, but there still is one as far as I can recall.

Trini
02-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I thought there was an AWD dyno in Calgary. Expensive, but there still is one as far as I can recall.
Riegel Tuning I think it is.

Canmorite
02-27-2008, 03:14 PM
If he wants to specialize in only a few products, you are going to need a large market to be profitable. I doubt there are enough subie owners, who are willing to tune their cars and ONLY tune them with what you're offering.

Why not set up shop, and let the buyer decide what he wants? Of course you can reccomend certain products over another, but in the end, a profit is a profit.

swampbuggy
02-27-2008, 03:22 PM
gimme 4WD dyno

gimme

T78Supra1
02-27-2008, 03:58 PM
yeah thats what I was thinking....he will need to establish a full shop carrying allot more stuff.

But the question is, is there enough 4 wheel drive cars in need of a tuning shop.

m10-power
02-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Only if it were that simple...

Canmorite
02-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by T78Supra1
yeah thats what I was thinking....he will need to establish a full shop carrying allot more stuff.

But the question is, is there enough 4 wheel drive cars in need of a tuning shop.

I doubt it. You could specialize in AWD cars, but still offer all the other services. Build a name for yourself with AWD vehicles while expanding in other areas.

EK 2.0
02-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

Thank you...

benyl
02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

There would be hundreds of tuning shops in Calgary if it was.

rip
02-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Ask the owners of Subracing if it was a profitable investment.

hellraiser456
02-28-2008, 09:08 AM
in calgary...when it comes to spending unless money...there are a lot of people that do it. especilly when it comes to cars. another AWD dyno would be a great idea since there are lots of AWD cars coming out htese days. and the second people start tinkering with them...odds are they will want/need the dyno.

i also agree on the point that if you are going to get into the tuner scene...you will need to be able to deal with almost any car that comes his way. thatg will bethe only way you would be able to make a decent profit from the get go...however after a while, when he has a reputation...perhaps speciallizing in AWD cars in general wouldn't hurt...but atill keep a open mind about other vehicles.