PDA

View Full Version : car accident

anhsicun
02-28-2008, 02:55 AM
my winter car got into another accident just after i got the bumper replace from a previous accident a month ago which wasn my fault. this time i lent my car to my brother to go buy gorcery, on his way some gut ran a red light and did a hit and run. he got 4 wittness , a cabbie chase after the other car that ran away and got his plate number / car discription. after wards when cops came they ran the plate and car discription it didn't much up. cops told my brother the car was probbaly stolen and using a another plate. the car needs new left fender, left wheel / suspension is gone, left head light, hood and bumper, god knows if it has frame damage. now wat are my options in this kinda sistuation..... the only thing i can think of is go to my insurance get them to fix it and let them rape me with high insurance premium hike. any advice would help, im just gettin bad luck after another.......

ercchry
02-28-2008, 03:05 AM
well i dont think your rates will be effected, call your insurance

tom_9109
02-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Hit and run goes under collision and affects rates. What kind of car is it?? If its a unibody car, its most likely damaged. if its body over frame you might be okay.

Kona9
02-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Your insurance will be different in Vietnam.

anhsicun
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
i live in calgary , its an 2002 honda accord. my brother gonna go to teh police station today and we wats going on then ima go call my insurance. anyone know how much ur rate will go up if u make a claim ???

DNSRadio
02-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Your insurance will be different in Vietnam. :werd:

but if you have the plates.. just run that and see what comes up
the caddy could be wrong. on the make of the car...

Masked Bandit
02-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
Hit and run goes under collision and affects rates.

Not quite.

Yes, the claim goes under collision (assuming you have the coverage) so your deductible will apply but since it is hit & run, your rates WILL NOT be affected.

tom_9109
02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Not quite.

Yes, the claim goes under collision (assuming you have the coverage) so your deductible will apply but since it is hit & run, your rates WILL NOT be affected.

Thats good to know, I was under the impression it went under collision and affected the rate in alberta. I know for example that BC does that but they are hitlers when it comes to hit and run damage, when the estimator looks at the damage so do the police.

403Gemini
02-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109

Thats good to know, I was under the impression it went under collision and affected the rate in alberta. I know for example that BC does that but they are hitlers when it comes to hit and run damage, when the estimator looks at the damage so do the police.

Nope, the adjusters can code a collision claim 0% at fault. However if it's a repeat incident, like 9 hit and runs in 1 year... chances are your premiums will LIKELY increase.

signature7
02-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Not quite.

:werd: dads car got hit while it was parked, all he had to do was pay the deductible.

anhsicun
03-04-2008, 02:41 PM
i got back from the insurance place yetserday, and this is wat they told me. they gonna investigate the situation but if they don't find the accuser they won't pay for it without my insurance going up 30%. 2nd my brother is under 21 and they being an ass about me lending my car too him. if hes found to be at fault thier gonna drop my insurance. overall they weren't happy and telling me thier refusing to pay out and threten to cnacle my insurance. im pretty fuk anyway around this or they just hustling me here??? .......when i actually look at the car all damage was to teh right side i thought my brother said left side...

here some pictures

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/anhthanh1/DSC03045.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/anhthanh1/DSC03046.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/anhthanh1/DSC03050.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/anhthanh1/DSC03051.jpg

Speed_69
03-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm guessing your brother wasn't listed as a driver under your insurance policy and you two live in the same household?

tom_9109
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Stop screwing around with the brokers, get the 1 800 claim number. Call it in yourself.

dj_rice
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Du may con cuc

anhsicun
03-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
I'm guessing your brother wasn't listed as a driver under your insurance policy and you two live in the same household?

he doesn't live in the same household.... i'll give the 1-800 cliam number a try and see wat they say hope they can help me out.

SPEEDY Zoom
03-04-2008, 11:02 PM
:bullshit:

Thaco
03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
most insurance companies will not cover drivers under 21 that are not on policy... it's to prevent people from having their parents insured on the car and letting the kid drive full time.