PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid - The Movie

Donmega
02-28-2008, 03:36 AM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0808372/

I guess that's in production too now! Wonder who's gonna play Snake? I think that guy from lost (sawyer) should be considered for snake. Looks exactly like him.

irs
02-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Thsi could be a great movie if they stick to the games.

I agree about Saywer. He would be perfect. But they will cast some one like Nickolas Cage. Just because of a name.

Despair*
02-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Interesting. I just hope that they don't botch the movie like they have in the past with some other game to movie adaptations. I'm a huge fan of MGS! I can't wait around summer time when we get our hands on the next installment in the series :drool:

I'd have to agree above, sawyer from Lost seems to be a good choice. He has that rough look to him that could work.

hellraiser456
02-28-2008, 08:56 AM
it would be sick if they stuck to the plot and style of mgs and kept the storyline as in depth as they do in the games. also i i hope they figure out a spot for the save ladies and they pointless funny comments.

it would be tricky to do..but if done well, i have yet to find someone that hated MGS. i love the ideas for bad guys.

Xtrema
02-28-2008, 09:11 AM
MGS is a rip of popular B movies. Given video game movies' track record, MGS may still have the best chance to succeed but I won't bet on it.

BigDannyCool
02-28-2008, 09:14 AM
they should get Uwe Boll to direct the movie.

Tik-Tok
02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Has there ever been a video game to movie that didn't suck? I mean, some have sucked less than others, but, still, they're all bad.

Xtrema
02-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Has there ever been a video game to movie that didn't suck? I mean, some have sucked less than others, but, still, they're all bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

Yep, so far, non of them are good or mass appeal.

Tik-Tok
02-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

Yep, so far, non of them are good or mass appeal.

Wholly crap, I can't believe the amount of vid.game movies coming out in 08/09 :eek: . Has hollywood really run that low on ideas?

Despair*
02-28-2008, 10:58 AM
MGS is a rip of popular B movies.

What do you mean by this?

I've always loved playing Metal Gear since I first got a crack on it for the psx. I couldn't get over how in depth it was and loved how the whole thing played out like an interactive movie. Ever since that first one I've been hooked. All this MGS talk has given me a craving to play now :D

reno97637
02-28-2008, 12:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_%28film%29

I never knew that Kylie Minogue played Cammy.

irs
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
me to. I want to go home and play mgs. :cry:

But someone has to work!

beecue
02-28-2008, 12:12 PM
:dunno: I like a lot of those on that list .. they were entertaining

treg50
02-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Hitman was a sack of crap. I hope Metal Gear Solid does waaaay better.

Originally posted by reno97637
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_%28film%29

I never knew that Kylie Minogue played Cammy.
If you watched the movie you would have known.
:dunno:

Xtrema
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Wholly crap, I can't believe the amount of vid.game movies coming out in 08/09 :eek: . Has hollywood really run that low on ideas?

They ran out of sequels in 07.

Originally posted by Despair*

The whole idea that make MGS popular is that they integrated a good B movie into a game. Sort of like Wing Commander (the ones with Mark Hamill).

You tear the game play away (which never transfer well to big screen) is very thin on material. The premise of search and destroy a super weapon can be covered in an 1 hour episode of CSI: Miami.

black13
02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
[B]

Well Kojima has said that his inspirations for MGS were such movies as Escape from New York/LA movies and others.
In Escape from New York, Kurt Russel's' character is named Snake Pliskin (Solid Snake used the same name in MGS2) and both characters are sorta thrown into a situation of chaos and they must both complete an objective and escape. If you watch the movies you will understand a whole lot better.

But honestly if you take an idea an improve on it, why does it matter anyway. Every movie/book/thing is heavily inspired by something these days. There are no 100% original ideas.

Xtrema
02-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by black13

Well Kojima has said that his inspirations for MGS were such movies as Escape from New York/LA movies and others.
In Escape from New York, Kurt Russel's' character is named Snake Pliskin (Solid Snake used the same name in MGS2) and both characters are sorta thrown into a situation of chaos and they must both complete an objective and escape. If you watch the movies you will understand a whole lot better.

You know what. Now I know why the movie will work because most kids who play these game never knew about the movies they are based on in the first place.

Man, I feel old.

403Gemini
02-28-2008, 03:43 PM

You know what. Now I know why the movie will work because most kids who play these game never knew about the movies they are based on in the first place.

Man, I feel old.

I watched the bonus features on Resident Evil: Extinction, and they said they had A LOT of inspiriation from movies like Madmax / road warrior. I think it was the producer who was telling his ideas to his nephew and was referencing the road warrior and his nephew asked "...whats the road warrior?"

Man that makes me feel old. I loved those movies and oddly enough i enjoyed Resident Evil Extinction because it's a hybrid of 2 genres i enjoy, zombie movies and post apocalyptic movies.

jsn
02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
The Sims (2009) .... a movie about a families everyday life? :confused:

Despair*
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM

The whole idea that make MGS popular is that they integrated a good B movie into a game. Sort of like Wing Commander (the ones with Mark Hamill).

You tear the game play away (which never transfer well to big screen) is very thin on material. The premise of search and destroy a super weapon can be covered in an 1 hour episode of CSI: Miami.

Makes sense. I never really thought about it like that, but the fact that it felt like playing a movie made it so enjoyable.

^Strangely enough I enjoyed the RE movies as well even though they were very far off from the original games.

403Gemini
02-28-2008, 04:36 PM

Makes sense. I never really thought about it like that, but the fact that it felt like playing a movie made it so enjoyable.

^Strangely enough I enjoyed the RE movies as well even though they were very far off from the original games.

The first one wasnt too far off from the original game, some minor differences.

The second one... had aspects of the game, but it started to deviate.

Third is way off, but honestly I still found it enjoyable. I just hate this "Shes a psychic superhuman ZOMG!!" bullshit, but other than that its pretty sweet.