PDA

View Full Version : ZX-14 or 1098R for a newbie?

r3cc0s
02-28-2008, 04:26 PM
just kidding
but made you look

However... I am thinking of getting the Mini-Duke 690 from KTM...

anyone have experience with Superduke?

I love factory streetfighters and especially love the KTM orange (though I'm not a dirt rider)

Might be retiring a 03' Bandit 600 for one
old man sport cruiser, but surprisingly comfy on the bottem

Tuner1
02-28-2008, 06:18 PM
LOL, I was going to say that is like asking "Viper or F430S for a newbie" :D

Whatever you buy make sure to take some professional riding lessons at the track!

Personally I would love to have a 690 Adventure or a K1200S :thumbsup:

Rob

Graham_A_M
02-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I've read in Superbike magazine the Duke & mini dukes were excellent bikes, with no real problems at all, just minor nit-picky sort of things. I think their beautiful bikes too, I'd definately sport one myself. I dont think I have the magazine anymore, otherwise I'd throw some of the data & opinions on here. :(

If you like the naked bikes, you should check out Triumphs new Street triple. Its the Daytona 675, but styled exactly like the Speed triple; only with a conventional swingarm, its sold out everywhere unfortunately.

The Z1000 is an awesome bike too, I almost (ALMOST) bought one myself.
:dunno:

02-29-2008, 10:38 PM
The Superduke is a awesome looking bike. I have heard or some reliability issues but nothing too drastic.
I believe they make a SuperdukeR, which is all black with some minor upgrades, and it looks amazing! It is by far my favorite naked bike.

To be honest I would go with the 990 over the 690, just because of the lack of top end power. Even tho top end is not what comes to mind for city riding, on the Mini-Duke you do notice that there is a lack of power in that range.