PDA

View Full Version : importing rebuilt vehicle into canada

will4321
03-01-2008, 02:02 AM
this is a heads up to anybody looking to import a rebuilt or
previosly damaged vehicle or salvage vehicle into canada.
dont do it.
its not worth it.
i purchased a 02 volvo from the us. the car was listed as rebuilt/previosly damaged.
after completing my riv inspection i tryed to register the car, now im told i have to get a salvage inspection. due to us standards lacking as far as proper salvage inspections.
and the topping on the cake is since i dont have all the pictures of the accidect and documentation from the original accident i now need a even more in depth salvage inspection.
which im told is ripping appart the interior of my car to see if any integrall damage exists. all to a great expence to me of course.

so unless you love a huge head ache and have stupid amounts of money to blow on possibly rebuilding a rebuilt car. dont bother buying a salvaged vehicle pay the extra couple of thousand dollars up front and know what you are getting.
and one last tip never buy a vehicle without seeing it first. no mater how honest the people sound. ive learnt my lesson and i hope i can save a fellow calgarian from making the same mistake.
Will

Team_Mclaren
03-01-2008, 02:12 AM
man this should be copied to the importing thread. Shitty deal for you tho.

As for dont buy a car without seeing it first, its actually pretty common sense but lot of people tends to forget that.

JordanAndrew
03-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Oh RLY!?? :eek:

It's fairly common sense to see the car first before you buy it. Especially it being a rebuilt! I mean c'mon man, a 12 year old boy could have told you that.

will4321
03-01-2008, 06:03 PM
then i wish he would have told me that.
the whole experiance was a crappy one. i bought the car i was going to go to arkansas to pick it up personaly. but ended up getting it shipped. the seller seemed like the most trust worthy person in the world. when i recieved the car the air bags had been blown, dash muded shut and seat belt tensioners blown.
ive now spent allot of time and money repairing the car and now i have to do a salvage saifty.
oh well you cant win them all. at least i will have a properly fixed car when im done.
ive heard though there is allot of crooked people from the u.s. specificaly targeting the canadian market due to most people not flying out to see the cars first.

Weapon_R
03-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Please don't bring junk into our country. Kthxbye.