PDA

View Full Version : This made me laugh..

eur0
03-01-2008, 02:57 AM
I was looking through my cell pics from 2007 and forgot to post this. I cracked up when I saw this and had to snap a photo..

It reads "No Brake Lights" :rofl:

tom_9109
03-01-2008, 10:30 AM
You could win a huge lawsuit if you rear ended him. Not to mention the fines he's get not only for driving without taillights but for knowledge of.

sr20s14zenki
03-01-2008, 10:50 AM
At least he wasnt negligent and didnt put a sign on at all....and i fail to see how thats funny.....

:rolleyes:

lilmira
03-01-2008, 10:56 AM
It's funny because when you are able to read the sign it's probably too late?

It would be funnier to cross out "lights".

sr20s14zenki
03-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Eh, i can see the humor in the fact that maybe its too late by the time you read it, but really, the guy was dilligent in doing his checks around the truck before work, and observed that the lights were not working. How many people do you know that would do that? Half the idiots in this city would be like "my tail lights arent working? really? DUHHH"

as for by the time you see the sign its too late, you will be asked when you do this law suit "why were you following so close" you are supposed to keep a following distance of 2 cars.....so whats the problem here?

tom_9109
03-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Well by law a vehicle of that size would have to do a daily pre trip and no taillight would require it to not go into service. There is no diligence in ignoring the potential safety concerns and driving anyway. You can bet if the courier knew about it there would be a serious meeting about it and a safety bulletin going out.

sr20s14zenki
03-01-2008, 11:20 AM
^^This is true, maybe the guy knew he was going to miss work and couldnt afford to lose time, i know its no excuse, but put yourself in his position, im sure he doesnt make very much money as it is. Maybe they have a backup truck, who knows, maybe theyre to cheap to have one, so theres a day of work gone, and he cant afford electricity that month. Calgary is getting to be an expensive city, and some people are just scraping by as it is, never mind losing work time.

anyhoo...no excuse, but its a start. I know i would if i was in that position.

lilmira
03-01-2008, 11:25 AM
How about fixing the lights?

Unless he is delivering a nuclear bomb which is about to go off to the bomb disposal unit and that is the only truck left.

The brakelights aren't there for looks. They serve a purpose.

You can't go to work without your tools working properly.
That's how accident happens. In this case he isn't just jeopardizing his own safety but the the others as well.

ZorroAMG
03-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Some of you are such self-righteous douches. MAYYYYYBE he noticed they weren't working and was just going straight to the shop a block or 2 away or something.

Stop hating like a bunch of whiny cocksuckers when you don't even know the story.

KTHXBYE!

arian_ma
03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Some of you are such self-righteous douches. MAYYYYYBE he noticed they weren't working and was just going straight to the shop a block or 2 away or something.

Stop hating like a bunch of whiny cocksuckers when you don't even know the story.

KTHXBYE!

Both of them stopped working? At the same time?

tom_9109
03-01-2008, 02:33 PM

KTHXBYE!

so you pissed because be make an assumption without the whole story and then you go one to make your own assumption. way to go.:thumbsup:

finboy
03-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

Both of them stopped working? At the same time?
wiring issues can cause all kinds of weird problems

Rat Fink
03-01-2008, 02:48 PM

arian_ma
03-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by finboy

wiring issues can cause all kinds of weird problems

Originally posted by Rat Fink

If the brake light switch is fucked, can happen. Or I'm sure there's a pile of wiring problems that could've made that happen too.

Ah I see, never thought of that.

ZorroAMG
03-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109

so you pissed because be make an assumption without the whole story and then you go one to make your own assumption. way to go.:thumbsup:

Are you RETARDED?

I made NO assumption, I simply pointed out throught example, that everyone was harping without all the facts.

Reading get the best of you often? :rolleyes:

As far as both lights ceasing to function at the same time, YES it DOES happen.

LOL at beyond.

Spoons
03-01-2008, 06:44 PM

Are you RETARDED?

I made NO assumption, I simply pointed out throught example, that everyone was harping without all the facts.

Reading get the best of you often? :rolleyes:

As far as both lights ceasing to function at the same time, YES it DOES happen.

LOL at beyond.

:werd:
Also on why the fuck has everyone gone into such detail about it and harp on the guy. Take it as it fucking is for fucks sakes guys. I chuckled as the sign does absolutely nothing, but no need to get all beyond emo about it.

Stop fucking slitting your wrists over the damn subject and take it as it is, not what it could be. Fucks sakes I am surprised that the "Friday Random Picture" thread isn't full of, "I TAKE GREAT OFFENSE TO THAT PICTURE! That is obviously not how you fly a jet or buy cinder blocks, and someone could get very hurt!" Give me a break...

snowboard
03-01-2008, 06:46 PM
im seriously suprised they let him leave the depot.
fedex are a bunch of nut cases lol

BerserkerCatSplat
03-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
im seriously suprised they let him leave the depot.
fedex are a bunch of nut cases lol

Gee, maybe they failed while he was out doing his rounds and he put the sign on until he could reach the depot to get them fixed?

:banghead:

Spoons
03-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Gee, maybe they failed while he was out doing his rounds and he put the sign on until he could reach the depot to get them fixed?

:banghead:

I bet they broke because you fucked his mother to the point of brake light failure? :rofl:

nikka
03-01-2008, 07:49 PM
:whocares: times 100

infamous
03-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

I bet they broke because you fucked his mother to the point of brake light failure? :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :whocares: :closed:

FiveFreshFish
03-01-2008, 10:02 PM
All the driver has to do is this:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/graphics/handbook_drivers/2-8.jpg

Archaic, but still legal.

Eleanor
03-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

stupid bmw driver is signalling even though his turn signals work

slick2404
03-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

stupid bmw driver is signalling even though his turn signals work

i LOL'd at that comment more than the picture.

:rofl: :thumbsup:

4lti7ude
03-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

The stopping or slowing down signal looks so much like when people just hang there arm down the car window...
Lol id hate to see a a driver in the summer try to bust these out.

Spoons
03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 4lti7ude

The stopping or slowing down signal looks so much like when people just hang there arm down the car window...
Lol id hate to see a a driver in the summer try to bust these out.

I was busting them out during the summer cruise when I had my S-10. Signal light level mechanism was broken lol.