PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new Nissan GT-R...

ICEBERG
03-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I was at Brasso Nissan last night with my wifes brother. He is looking into buying the new GT-R. Anyways we found a sales rep. there(can't remember his name, some french guy) about putting in a order for one.

He took us in his office and told us that there was right now almost 100 people on the waiting list:eek: Also they are taking orders but don't know when you will get one.. Wait could be over a year or more.:eek:

Also he said that people are offering $20k to 30K over MSRP on this thing to get theirs first.:eek:

Wow... Is it true that there is a bidding war on this car from the dealer now?

I don't know if he should still put a deposit for one or wait till they become more available to the public.. I don't think he is willing to pay $20K-30K over invoice price.. I guess you have to pay to Play....... :D :D

Anyways, i thought i share my experience:)

cheers,

dj_rice
03-01-2008, 12:14 PM
No, not allowed

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/207108/how-gt-r-will-be-sold-to-public/

Read that thread, it will answer all ur questions

ICEBERG
03-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
No, not allowed

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/207108/how-gt-r-will-be-sold-to-public/

Read that thread, it will answer all ur questions

Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

Teggy
03-01-2008, 04:08 PM
uh all the dealer ship has to do is purchase the car as one of the owners own. then list it for sale. Bidding allowed

Canmorite
03-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Teggy
uh all the dealer ship has to do is purchase the car as one of the owners own. then list it for sale. Bidding allowed

Thats what I could happen, too. How is Nissan going to control what each individual dealership does?

dj_rice
03-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Teggy

If the owner of the dealership buys it, then tries to re-sell it, the warranty is void for the 2nd owner

Originally posted by Canmorite

Thats what I could happen, too. How is Nissan going to control what each individual dealership does?

Harrison said the automaker is requiring dealership management staff, such as the dealer principal, to conduct all GT-R transactions. "We're not saying salespeople are bad, but management is closer to the day-to-day operations of the dealership, and they don't work on commission," Harrison noted.

Dealers will also be required to file all GT-R paperwork, such as factory orders for the GT-R, through Nissan North America's regional sales offices, which will oversee the sales prices of the car and provide "counsel" in case of price gouging. It is unusual for dealers to have to turn over orders to regional offices for oversight.

Canmorite
03-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Interesting. I still think they should sell for whatever people are willing to pay.

bwling
03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Go check it out at the Calgary Auto Show this week. Salesperson there said that they will be around $80K when it comes out.

Supa Dexta
03-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Theres more loop holes to that type of thing then you can dream up.

"oh we're having a fund raiser for a new pop machine in the bays, highest bidder gets a surprise!"

Redlyne_mr2
03-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Enzos will be more common than these cars in Calgary.

:EzE:
04-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by bwling
Go check it out at the Calgary Auto Show this week. Salesperson there said that they will be around $80K when it comes out.

Nissan.ca stated that the MSRP on the all new Nissan GTR will be $81,900. personally i wouldnt spend 20g+ for the first one, but then again im not that hardcore.

Team_Mclaren
04-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Enzos will be more common than these cars in Calgary.

More reason for the fanboys to think that the GTR is a better car.