PDA

View Full Version : Car Care

Cujo31
08-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Hey all ... new here. I know we all love our rides, so I was curious what everyone uses to polish/wax/seal your rides? Do you take it to a pro to detail it? Do you take all weekend or all day?

For me I started using Meguiar's because of the name. After a while I found some products were a pain to work with. So I tried some 3M and that was even worse. Then I started using Cherry Wet Wax and other products from Coat's Products. Very good products and good price. But after lifting my truck, I had a hard time detailing my truck since it was in the sun all the time. Then I read about a product that you can use in the sun and it will not streak! Also, now I dont even have to bust out the hose and bucket I use something called Spray & Wipe which has more lubricants than car soap, and emulsifiers to lift and break down dirt on the paint.

Cujo

treg50
08-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Since I got my car I've been using Simoniz Premium Paste Wax which has pure carnuba in it. Waxing then buffing is such a.... labour or love! It's damn hard work, but fortunately the results are worth it. I wash my car with TurtleWax Zipwax (it's not an actual wax). It lathers up nice and luckily for me it works well with the Simoniz I use.
:thumbsup:

VTEXTC
08-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Cujo,

Feel free to visit our newly launched site at

www.pebblebeachauto.com

Specializing in automotive detailing and appearance restoration.

Regards

Asif

Founder-Pebble Beach Auto